Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

jumped the gun at dealership

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 03:05 PM

Default jumped the gun at dealership

well i purchase my 08 with the trd cold air intake, drove off the lot with the 3 miles on it. got home did some researchand found that i basically made a un needed purchase if i was going s/c...well time has gone by and now its time to go s/c. I saw that someone here has the cold air intake and a supercharger but...how is that possible. I have contacted through emails several companys selling the trd s/c and they are telling me that it is not compatible with any cold air intake. the thing that i do not understand is they are telling me that it uses the stock airbox. Does the s/c come with one. or do i need to take them my stock airbox. If it uses the stock air box why cant the cai be used.
thanks
Old 02-14-2008, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

b/c it just cant !!!!!! no im j/p but I think that it brings in too much air which might cause the s.c to malfunction ( I'm probably wrong )Plus, I don't think it will fit.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Weapon R makes one for the S/C....also, I have seen CAI just modded to fit.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can use a CAI with a S/C. Do a search and their are people who have done it. If you do, it is HIGHLY recommended you also purchase a piggy back ECU program like the AEM Fuel/Ignition Controler or the Greddy Emanage. It has been noted, running a CAI on the S/C leans out the fuel curve which can harm your motor. Also, if warranty is important to you, then don't use the CAI with the S/C as it would be considered modifying the vehicle.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:59 PM

thanks, i guess i just made a not needed purchase...live and learn.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I have one im selling, Its a short ram intake. PM me if your interested.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also, you'll need to get your stock airbox back if the dealership never gave it back to you..the s/c does not come with the entire airbox assembly, only a piece of it.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the '07-'08 kits are coming with full airboxes (at least according to the manifest that comes with the instructions http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PTR41-21070inst.pdf)...I have an '06 and I needed the top part of my old airbox...
Old 02-14-2008, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Running a CAI with boost is pointless. The air compresses and heats up, so any temperature difference in the air that was drawn in will be obsolete once the air is compressed.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrodTc
It has been noted, running a CAI on the S/C leans out the fuel curve which can harm your motor.
Where has it been noted? Someone made a post that his air/fuel ratios were the same. Even Tina (kisskisskill) has told me personally (this was months ago) that it doesn't lean out.

But to the OP, you can use your CAI, you just have to cut it and then make it fit. Or you can buy Kik's intake and then be done.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think someone purchased the MMW s/c intake and checked the a/f's. i'm too lazy to search for the thread..
Old 02-14-2008, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: jumped the gun at dealership

Originally Posted by beerrunninthetc
well i purchase my 08 with the trd cold air intake, drove off the lot with the 3 miles on it. got home did some researchand found that i basically made a un needed purchase if i was going s/c...well time has gone by and now its time to go s/c. I saw that someone here has the cold air intake and a supercharger but...how is that possible. I have contacted through emails several companys selling the trd s/c and they are telling me that it is not compatible with any cold air intake. the thing that i do not understand is they are telling me that it uses the stock airbox. Does the s/c come with one. or do i need to take them my stock airbox. If it uses the stock air box why cant the cai be used.
thanks
The same thing happen to me when First brought my car at the end of 2005 before the S/C came out. I asked worker at the dealership parts dept will the TRD Intake fit on the supercharger. The worker said yes it will fit. so I brought the TRD intake and then a few months I got the S/C. They told me that intake will not fit. I was so F-ing ____ed I heard that. It was a waste of my money sinceit doesn't fit on the supercharger. I still wish I could of got my money back.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:50 PM

yeah thats the same thing they did to me. Now i have the intake, the stock airbox and parts and now im having to just basically hold a brand new part for nothing
Old 02-14-2008, 11:44 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The intake will fit with some hacking and cutting. But no it wont mount right up.

And I really dont reccomend it. With the supercharger you dont want any reason for them to be able to deny warranty work. I am on my third supercharger. It is not reliable.