Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

My 2AZ Build

Old 05-21-2012, 09:37 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool
Old 05-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Dim
SL Member

Well I was planning on keeping this a secret/surprise until the turbo build was finished. But what's the point of secrets when your making a build thread? Lol

Well here's why the build is also delayed a bit longer.

What just came in today!

Name:  DSC01696.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  81.6 KB

Here's an idea of what it'll look like... I used Paint lol, not PhotoShop! Haha.

Name:  Dual1.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  56.9 KB

Name:  Dual2.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  56.9 KB

Name:  Dual3.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  57.0 KB
Old 05-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Dim
SL Member

Turns out there won't be enough clearance under the car for the dual

He would have to make a insane bend for it to work. So I just decided to keep it a single.

But my shop will just reimburse me for the y pipe and extra muffler I purchased!

Should be ready by tomorrow hopefully!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Dim
SL Member

Haven't updated you guys, but I have on my other forums, well here are my latest posts

- - - - Update - - - -

Update!

Just got the car back tonight, my installer dropped it off to me at my work

Car looks great, and sounds even better!

Looks like I'll have to be getting a tune soon, the tune left on my FIC seems to be a bad tune, or there was no tune on there. (My buddy who sold it to me said he left his tune on there), but the car is running rich, thanks to my wideband.

Also got a few questions before I hit it off for the night! Maybe you guys can help me save some time before I google and ask my installer when I can!

- The car seems to jerk when I'm cruising on the highway, I'm guessing because of the tune?
- I'm punching it and the RPM's seem normal until 4k+ and then it sky rockets? I think the tires spin and get no traction or what? Lol
- Also just when I'm driving, I can feel that the car is holding back, again , maybe the tune?
- CEL is on, gonna check it at my local auto store, I'm assuming its the exhaust
- The VSC is flashing, thought on that?
- The 'Slip Indicator' light is also stayng on too, thoughts on that?

Also any tips to new F/I drivers, they're always welcome! Be easy, I'm new to the F/I scene :D

- - - - Update - - - -

Well the previous owner of the kit said he left his tune on there, but the car isn't running smooth. I'll probably get a new tune, and get some upgraded spark plugs. My installer thinks the previous was running colder spark plugs and probably the stock injectors...

The car is running super super rich. I filled up the tank full this morning, and I am already less than half, horrible!

The engine got so flooded it didn't start, and it was 1 in the morning and I was parked on the side of the road

I called my installer and luckily he picked up, he told me to switch back to the stock ecu and the car should start, let it idle and switch back to the FIC. Got it up and running

But its just whenever I get to a stop sign or stop light, close to parking etc. Just whenever the car is slowing down, I can feel it like its about to die down on me.

Also I found out why the RPMs would jump on me, its my clutch slipping I'll be upgrading the clutch and flywheel when funds come in, but I want to get the AFR taken care of first just so I can drive it confidently, right now I'm just afraid that the car will die down on me. It died earlier on the intersection, luckily it was at night and there was no traffic, but I got the car to start.

Any tips, advice, or comments guys?
Old 06-02-2012, 11:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good god you need a tune
Old 06-02-2012, 12:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

+1. Word of advice...Stop hammering on the car until its tuned man. You want to enjoy it I know, but you need to slow down and take your time.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

So you had the shop install the kit but not tune it? Why?
Old 06-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Dim
SL Member

Well the previous owner told me he had left the tune on there, the car is drivable, but it's not too good lol. Yes I figured I need a tune after, but I'm really wondering if there was even a tune left on the FIC...

I'll be asking the previous if he was running the 550's Fuel Injectors (what I currently have), and if he was running any upgraded spark plugs

EDIT:

Oooh, is it possible to get it tune as of right now? Even though the clutch is slipping? Or can the tuner I'm going to adjust the AFR for now, so it'll run better, and just wait till I upgrade the clutch?
Old 06-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Dim
SL Member

Haven't updated you guys, but I have on my other forums, well here are my latest posts

- - - - Update - - - -

Update!

Just got the car back tonight, my installer dropped it off to me at my work

Car looks great, and sounds even better!

Looks like I'll have to be getting a tune soon, the tune left on my FIC seems to be a bad tune, or there was no tune on there. (My buddy who sold it to me said he left his tune on there), but the car is running rich, thanks to my wideband.

Also got a few questions before I hit it off for the night! Maybe you guys can help me save some time before I google and ask my installer when I can!

- The car seems to jerk when I'm cruising on the highway, I'm guessing because of the tune?
- I'm punching it and the RPM's seem normal until 4k+ and then it sky rockets? I think the tires spin and get no traction or what? Lol
- Also just when I'm driving, I can feel that the car is holding back, again , maybe the tune?
- CEL is on, gonna check it at my local auto store, I'm assuming its the exhaust
- The VSC is flashing, thought on that?
- The 'Slip Indicator' light is also stayng on too, thoughts on that?

Also any tips to new F/I drivers, they're always welcome! Be easy, I'm new to the F/I scene

- - - - Update - - - -

Well the previous owner of the kit said he left his tune on there, but the car isn't running smooth. I'll probably get a new tune, and get some upgraded spark plugs. My installer thinks the previous was running colder spark plugs and probably the stock injectors...

The car is running super super rich. I filled up the tank full this morning, and I am already less than half, horrible!

The engine got so flooded it didn't start, and it was 1 in the morning and I was parked on the side of the road

I called my installer and luckily he picked up, he told me to switch back to the stock ecu and the car should start, let it idle and switch back to the FIC. Got it up and running

But its just whenever I get to a stop sign or stop light, close to parking etc. Just whenever the car is slowing down, I can feel it like its about to die down on me.

Also I found out why the RPMs would jump on me, its my clutch slipping I'll be upgrading the clutch and flywheel when funds come in, but I want to get the AFR taken care of first just so I can drive it confidently, right now I'm just afraid that the car will die down on me. It died earlier on the intersection, luckily it was at night and there was no traffic, but I got the car to start.

Any tips, advice, or comments guys?

- - - - Update - - - -

Got my car checked out for the CEL! Turns out there are 9...

P0335 - Crank Position A Circuit
P0010 - Intake Cam Position Actuator
P0113 - Intake Air Temp Circuit High
P0118 - Engine Coolant Temp High Input
P0121 - TPS/A
P0223 - TPS/B
P2135 - TPS A and B Circuit Voltage
P2196 - 02 Censor signal stuck Rich Bank / Sensor /

Hope I keyed those in right, was kinda hard to read the guys handwriting, I got it checked out at O'reily's.

The shop I also went to think it may be the FIC of why it may be shooting out the codes, why the car is jerking and struggling. I'm gonna be bringing it back to my installer, hopefully it won't take so long...
Old 06-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Dim
SL Member

Is it possible that the tune is throwing off the codes? Or it has something to do with the FIC? Or could it be any other factor?
Old 06-03-2012, 04:38 PM
SL Member

You need a new tune and your computer is still learning also.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:39 PM
SL Member

My car was doing some similar things. I still need a better tune. What kind of plugs do you have and what gap are they?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Dim
SL Member

They're the stock plugs at the moment, I'm gonna upgrade them to a step colder. I just found out that the tune was set for that.

I'm also running 87oct, I hear its recommended to run 93oct?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Dim
SL Member

Also just in yesterday, there's a fuel leak somewhere behind the block, couldn't really tell where it's coming from. I'm gonna have the car towed in the morning to my installer.

Hopefully all goes well.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Must run 93 octane that's what the tune was ment for so there's ur first issue then second one step coldder also a must. Also gap them to 32 or so n u should be good the fuel leak is comming from (most likely) an injector not seated right been watchin since u first posted good luck man

Sidekick 4G
Old 06-05-2012, 06:08 AM
Dim
SL Member

Thanks, yes I figured 93oct was one of the factors, and I was told that the injectors might be another factor, but my installer checked those, and he said they're good. He said the leak was coming from the fuel pressure regulator, he said it went out, reason it went he said it because of the upgraded fuel pump that was installed. It was included in the purchase, and he figured it was to be installed also, but the previous owner was just running the stock one, so he'll be swapping that out too. I already bought the spark plugs, so hopefully things should be running smooth soon.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should be fine with the new fuel pump it won't change it that much but the fpr going out has nothing to do with the new fuel pump I have mine with a stock fpr but that's being bad is another reason why your cars driving bad you should see a big difference with just that fixed

Sidekick 4G
Old 06-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Dim
SL Member

Ah ok, that's what my installer told me what the reason why. Anyway he's already putting the stock pump back on, would there be a big difference in putting that back on?

The regulator should be in today or tomorrow, so I should have it by then, hopefully its running alot smoother
Old 06-05-2012, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the car is tuned for the bigger pump then yes but if its not and you just toss on a bigger pump no not huge difference but if you actually look at the map values you will see it did get a bit richer but not enough to cause the what you described

Sidekick 4G
Old 06-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Dim
SL Member

My installer said he ordered the fuel pressure regulator and said it wouldn't be here till Friday, so I called my local dealership about it and they said they can have the part by tomorrow, but when I told my installer about it he said something about that it's the Fuel Pressure/Pump (don't remember which one) Pulsator..? He said that part I need is the one at the end of the fuel rail

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 2AZ Build