Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

My Turbonetics Dyno Numbers Posted, SUCKED 200WHP

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: My Turbonetics Dyno Numbers Posted, SUCKED 200WHP

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
Originally Posted by mattssi
Thats what my Dezod turbo kit dynoed at until I got it tuned.

But then the turbo melted my fan shroud, burned my hood liner, and kept stalling.

And then I sold it. MF
A. You'll have that problem with any turbo setup you do w/ shrouds. Easy fix.
B. Get a Thermo-Tec Cool-It Head Liner
C. Get tuned...PROPERLY.

But you sold the kit anyways so what difference does it make?
Ouch! None of the turbo kits have done that yet. Hope they have revised everything because this is a HUGE problem.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Schuller
Originally Posted by DTRUONG_112
Originally Posted by Schuller
I have the zpi s-pipe and greddy sp2 exhaust. I am going to get a my Unichip tuned next week. I'll post results for a comparison.
can you post the before results so I can see what you put down?
I'm sure I have the same tuning problem.. I can feel it take a dive about 5200 rpms.I'll post everything GSC gives me.
cool, let me know how it turns out.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: My Turbonetics Dyno Numbers Posted, SUCKED 200WHP

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
Originally Posted by mattssi
Thats what my Dezod turbo kit dynoed at until I got it tuned.

But then the turbo melted my fan shroud, burned my hood liner, and kept stalling.

And then I sold it. MF
A. You'll have that problem with any turbo setup you do w/ shrouds. Easy fix.
B. Get a Thermo-Tec Cool-It Head Liner
C. Get tuned...PROPERLY.

But you sold the kit anyways so what difference does it make?
To inform others of caveats with this "100% compete" kit.

Oh yeah,
I had to buy a bunch of extra parts
still dont have an spipe that fits
oh yeah... they test kit joe hasn't isn't even production. its a one off.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Matt I don't understand what your problem with the company is. We did everything we could with helping you get your kit underway. You got the first one remember?

I've seen NUMEROUS tCs on here showing a burnt hoodline right above the wastegate. This is a more common thing and isn't a sign of anything over-heating. As for the kit, being "in-production", my car isn't a one-off. The only thing different is the exhaust system because we never flanged it originally to mate up to the stock exhaust, it was supposed to be a full replacement. To keep the kit more affordable and to cater to those who would rather keep their exhaust, we decided to stop the kit at the s-pipe. The only fitment issue was the mid-pipe pushing the s-pipe too far forward. With a shorter mid-pipe everything was all set and we have already fixed this

What extra parts did you have to buy?
The Slicone hoses were thicker than the cheaper ones we used originally so our $5 per t-bolt clamps didn't strech far enough. That problem is fixed now. The other part needed is a 1/8" brass fitting/plug for the turbo itself on the compressor housing. This can be used as a boost reference port for your wastegate. We leave this open for those who wish to use it. You have the option to t-off of your vacuum line instead, but we leave this option up to you.

Atmospheric blow-off valves will cause any MAF based car to stall if you rev it and put it in neutral. A turbo itself with a rich tune will not cause your motor to randomly stall. Anyone on this site with an atmospheric BOV has a kit that can stall the motor. It comes down to know how to drive it and engage/disengage the clutch.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the kit please PM, email, or IM me. We have nothing to hide and have sold more kits that have been posted on this site without issues. Our turn-around for a complete and functional kit is only 2 weeks now. We're working on stocking in extras for a 1 week turnaround.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Matt, I was under the impression you sold the turbo kit and you are selling your car because financial reasons that occured to you personally AND that you want to go back to owning a Lexus IS?? hmm.

So why come on here and just keep posting negative stuff about a kit you no longer hanve?? It's not going to work Dezod has a pretty damn good rep on scionlife and other forums.

Pretty sad bro, pretty sad
Old 05-22-2006, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol...post a negative comment about your expirence and the company and their supporters will rip you a new a$$hole...pleasant.

As for my burnt hood lining (way less expensive then a melted shroud and way easier to replace) I did not install the right gasket.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by retrodrive
lol...post a negative comment about your expirence and the company and their supporters will rip you a new a$$hole...pleasant.

As for my burnt hood lining (way less expensive then a melted shroud and way easier to replace) I did not install the right gasket.
Again as I stated before... we are fighting the wrong people.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did sell the kit for multiple reason. I"m working on selling the car now. Too much money to put into this friggin tC.

I love how its "pretty sad" to post negative experiences. Im sad then I guess.

My final comment on it I guess will be that, yes the kit I sold will work fine with some tuning and such...

but, the parts I had to buy? I was missing couplers, had to buy oil fittings that fit and didn't strip the block, new clamps, the whole S pipe problem, compressor wheel plug, nuts and bolts and washers galore for all the things that needed mounting (intercooler, s pipe and exhaust bolts (which I should have a replacement for any day - so I can give it to the person who bought my kit).

You can look at it 2 ways - I was dumb thinking a kit could actually be bought and bolted on. Fine. That was a mistake

I'm just trying to make people thing before wasting thousands on a tc to give it more power. Email me if you have any questions - I'll explain any of my experiences - good/bad/tC/IS300 whatever.

Oh yeah, on the hoodlining burning - ZPI redesigned theirs to not do that - thats what you get when the wastegate touches the hood. Not cool. Hot as a matter of fact. Their only $160 or so to replace.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol...wastegate is nowhere close to the hood lining. As stated above, I used wrong gasket.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member

How did this get going from DTRUONG's bad numbers again?
Old 05-22-2006, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

THats one choppy as hp and tq curve... I think its in need of a better tune myself
Old 05-23-2006, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

please keep this thread on topic about getting better numbers please.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i spoke to reggie today over at turbonetics and he said I would have to submit my AFR chart before he can do anything. SO back to the shop and try to get a copy of the afr. SUCKS...
Old 05-23-2006, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ Hey man, nice pics, but sorry about the numbers. Hopefully a unichip tuner is near by. I am in southern missouri and I dont know of anyone currently but if I hear anything I will let you know. We need more boosted Tc's on the road.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DTRUONG_112
i spoke to reggie today over at turbonetics and he said I would have to submit my AFR chart before he can do anything. SO back to the shop and try to get a copy of the afr. SUCKS...
Well dude withou seeing the AFR curve its hard to troubleshoot the issue. I stated this the day you posted the numbers. If the shop read it they need to give you an output.