Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

New AEM Piggyback (Seems VERY promising)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for those having some issues and heard about the "resistor trick" but don't know what it is, or if it's legit...here is a direct quote from an admin on the aem forums:

We have seen a couple of vehicles, including an automatic Scion xB, that had erratic misfires (especially at high load) that would go away if you bypassed the cam or crank signals so they were not intercepted by the FIC. After measuring the signals with an oscilloscope, we could see that the signals were a bit noisy, and the FIC inputs were sensitive enough that they picked up noise and sent an extra cam pulse to the ECU. The solution was to install a 2k ohm resistor with one side connected to Crank MAGI(+) and the other side connected to Crank MAGI(-). Another 2k resistor installed with one side connected to Cam1 MAGI(+) and the other side connected to Cam1 MAGI(-).
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...,19962.42.html
Old 11-03-2008, 05:01 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it didn't work for me btw.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what issues are you having now? you have a good 02, right?
any CEL?
Old 11-03-2008, 05:16 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

o2 went sour a week ago.

crank sensor juast came up i'm going to try the resistor trick on the crank sensor soon
Old 11-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
for those having some issues and heard about the "resistor trick" but don't know what it is, or if it's legit...here is a direct quote from an admin on the aem forums:

We have seen a couple of vehicles, including an automatic Scion xB, that had erratic misfires (especially at high load) that would go away if you bypassed the cam or crank signals so they were not intercepted by the FIC. After measuring the signals with an oscilloscope, we could see that the signals were a bit noisy, and the FIC inputs were sensitive enough that they picked up noise and sent an extra cam pulse to the ECU. The solution was to install a 2k ohm resistor with one side connected to Crank MAGI(+) and the other side connected to Crank MAGI(-). Another 2k resistor installed with one side connected to Cam1 MAGI(+) and the other side connected to Cam1 MAGI(-).
If you purchase a Dezod AEM FIC effective from 7/08, the resistors are automatically in place. So no need for additional work. This what you come to Dezod for!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:23 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can the ones who got hte harness without the resistor send theirs back to get the new one?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
can the ones who got hte harness without the resistor send theirs back to get the new one?
New, no. To add the resistors to the exiting one, yes. You just cover round trip shipping.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ah...so we can send you our harness and you will wire in the resistors for us, as long as we cover shipping both way? NICE!

Do you think you could post a pic of your harness with the resistors in place so we could do this ourselves?
Mine's already done, so it's not for me, but I'm sure many people would benefit from this.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:40 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by aen
New, no. To add the resistors to the exiting one, yes. You just cover round trip shipping.
can you PM me with the information? i already did one resistor but if you could check it out and add the other one for me?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:35 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i fixed my stalling issue, we were learning about new ecu's and how the fuel injectors work today and i brought up that mine dies alot. blah blah

in any case, they suggested i change injector response time.

WIN. im too tired. maybe tomorrow i'll redo this post.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Banned
SL Member

Are 07 nad up the only tc models having this problem? I am having part throttle surging i am not sure if it has to do with the maf clamp i changed the voltages and still have the same problem. could i just not use the maf map? ,just set the max voltage ?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My '05 had the issue solved with the resistors.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jjos1
Are 07 nad up the only tc models having this problem? I am having part throttle surging i am not sure if it has to do with the maf clamp i changed the voltages and still have the same problem. could i just not use the maf map? ,just set the max voltage ?
i don't use the maf map at all. i just set the clamp at 5.05
Old 11-05-2008, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you purchase a Dezod AEM FIC effective from 7/08, the resistors are automatically in place. So no need for additional work. This what you come to Dezod for!!!!!!!!!
paul are they in mine
Old 11-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by dave2610

paul are they in mine
Yes sir.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

paul what about the FIC fix for an automatic? any real solution their yet? id love to jump back to fic from this stupid blue... although i did just pickup a dezod blackbox
Old 11-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
paul what about the FIC fix for an automatic? any real solution their yet? id love to jump back to fic from this stupid blue... although i did just pickup a dezod blackbox
Still working on something that will work 100% of the time. Most of the solutions only have been working part of the time.