Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

oil feed fitting problem.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default oil feed fitting problem.....

alright, so my car has been leaking oil from the "T" type fitting for a while now, ive tightened it down and it still leaks, it was a fitting from home depot that i just used so i could get my oil pressure gauge up and running. anyways, ive had enough of the leak, so i was going to remove the fitting for now and order a more suitable one that would hopefully not leak.(BTW the fittings that come out from the block go as the first "T" which feeds the turbo and then t's into the 2nd T which then holds boththe regulator and the oil pressure sensor). ok, so when i go to remove the oil pressure sensor, i start to losen it up, and the fitting that goes right into the engine comes right off(seems to be stripped on the inside of the engine) the fitting was only on there with 2 or 3 threads...(i did not install this)anyways, i tired to fix it by just screwing back in the one T that i want to use and just have it like that, but the threads dont seem to line up. it goes in crooked. i dont wanna just force it in and strip it even further. anways i cant drive my car until iget it fixed and was hoping for suggestions, thanks.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it could've been stripped... get a new one..

get out the silicone!

and silicone that bad boi!
Old 07-04-2007, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i think u dont understand what i mean. the fitting that screws into the actual oil supply isnt stripped, i think the actual inside of the oil supply on the engine is stripped. would silicone work?
Old 07-04-2007, 06:51 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by bsptc27
i think u dont understand what i mean. the fitting that screws into the actual oil supply isnt stripped, i think the actual inside of the oil supply on the engine is stripped. would silicone work?
re-tap the thread. also aply some permatex. only use a little. you dont need to goop it on.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ok i retaped the thread, it was stripped. the oil regulator goes into the threads perfectly like it did before i had the turbo, only the fittings provided by treadstone dont seem to fit it, they are too big. i could get it in by like 2 or 3 threads but thats it and i dont want to do that, cause thats what was done the first time. anyone know where i can get the correct size fittings?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:09 PM
SL Member

home depot
Old 07-04-2007, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Brett
re-tap the thread. also aply some permatex. only use a little. you dont need to goop it on.
by the permatex, im guessing you mean one of their thread sealant products?(i looked on their website and they have alot of different products)
Old 07-04-2007, 09:18 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
by the permatex, im guessing you mean one of their thread sealant products?(i looked on their website and they have alot of different products)
yes. its like liquid teflon tape made for high temps. just put on a dab, and let the threads spread it on.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

alright, guess im taking a trip to home depot tommorow lol, thanks for the help
Old 07-04-2007, 09:30 PM
SL Member

alright, guess im taking a trip to home depot tommorow lol, thanks for the help
let us know how it turns out.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are you sure that the fitting that you bought was national pipe thread (npt) and not British pipe thread (bpt) a lot of places are starting to carry these now and are easy to mix up.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

not too sure....the installer used what was supplied with the kit, NPT is what you want to use? im just going to bring my oil pressure sensor to home depot or wherever i go and make sure i get something that is threaded the same
Old 07-05-2007, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i went to home depot and pep boys, picked up a few fittings that you would have thought would work, butt hey didnt thread in correctly....the only thing that seems to thread in correctly is the oil regulator and the defi pressure sensor...i guess i dont have the right size fittings..can anyone confirm if something like this would work? http://www.eiptuning.com/ecomm/prodd...92-2-2S&cat=34
Old 07-06-2007, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

alright, everything is in correctly the threads of the fittings i had were slightly too big, went to a autoparts store and picked up a 1/8 npt threaded nipple fitting and now it fits perfect. just waiting a while to start the car up until the thread sealant settles. thanks for the help
Old 07-06-2007, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a question, the oil fittings that came with the treadstone kit did not work at all?

if so thats kinda BS, this is the kit i'm really leaning towards now that Dezod has moved out of my friggin state, and stuff like that is really disheartening...
Old 07-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mugetsu
I have a question, the oil fittings that came with the treadstone kit did not work at all?

if so thats kinda BS, this is the kit i'm really leaning towards now that Dezod has moved out of my friggin state, and stuff like that is really disheartening...
They probably are not the right pitch. The tC requires a British Tapered Fitting for the oil feedline.

Why would us moving out of FL deter you from getting our system? We are still here and can support you either way.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL because you guys were basically UP the street from me(well i'm in north HLWD).
I always figured i would just set up an appointment with the shop and kick back on one of your couches and let you guys go to work.

My plan B was now to get the treadstone kit and a pre-programed AEM F/IR from you guys LOL
Old 07-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mugetsu
LOL because you guys were basically UP the street from me(well i'm in north HLWD).
I always figured i would just set up an appointment with the shop and kick back on one of your couches and let you guys go to work.

My plan B was now to get the treadstone kit and a pre-programed AEM F/IR from you guys LOL
Well you could still order our kit with the FI/C. More than likely, the e-manage will be replaced in our kit for the FI/C if we see the results we are looking for.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

idk if they didnt fit or not, i didnt do the install. i do know that the fitting was only threaded in by 2 r 3 threads though, but the fitting i have in there now is the same size as the one provided by treadstone, except the treadstone fitting wasnt tappered.