Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Oil Pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Oil Pressure?

Well i have an oil leak but it seems to keep pressure and looks like a few lil puddles come out only at shut off, my question is whats normal on idle and whats normal on driving? how can i tell that i'm getting low on oil or loosing alot?, i intend to fix all the oil leaks by taking the oil pan out and making a new gasket and checking all the oil lines, but i have a show over the weekend and no time to get it done, so i just want to watch my oil and just keep filling it up for now till after the show.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

your oil pressure gauge should chill right around 10psi at idle after the car is all warmed up and has been running for awile. Then around 80mph or so, I think my car was at about 60psi when I was boosted.

Incase your wondering who I am, Im Jasons friend. We both are boosted. Or I used to be until about a week ago. lol. give him a call or pm me if u have any questions. I know as much about his car if not more than him.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i talked to jason i really want him to check out my car, chris just came by to pick up the rotors i was selling, i really need to go down to oc and meet up with you guys so u guys can see whats happening with my car, i'm pretty sure i have a vac leak.

anybody else?
Old 07-12-2007, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, let me get this right:
You installed your turbo kit last weekend, you may have an oil leek, and your driving from Cali to Vegas tomorrow for VIP at NHRA? Are you crazy?

Well, HOP ON THE BOAT! Cause I'm actually installing my kit Saturday Morning before the show!!!

Man, are we nuts or what!?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SERIOUSLY MAN, your insane to do it sat morning but luckily you don't have to drive far, take your time and remember the daym oil pan is the most anoying thing in the world. Do your self a favor remove the s-pipe to make things easier and i actually started only on the front side and started heating it up all around and prying on one side eventually you will get on side loose and the rest will just pull right off. AND DON'T DO WHAT I DID, I DIDN'T CLEAN UP THE RESIDUE SINCE I WAS IN A HURRY AND IT WAS TAKING FOREVER I JUST RUSHED IT, so take your time and put sealant on it before you put it on.

your seriously nuts doing it the same day becarefull

and remember 91 oct
Old 07-12-2007, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks man. Been on 91 for 2 months now. And I guess I'm technically starting Friday night cause that is when everything is coming off. The kit is going in Saturday. Hopefully I can get a dyno run and a tune in before I go (yeah right!). But what do you mean by "heating it up"? I think I saw Kean's DIY where he used a blowtorch around the plan, but I wasn't planning on doing that. What did you use?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

blowtorch, a large flathead screwdriver or chisel, and a hammer.....that will get your oil pan off pretty quickly....the blowtorch is used to burn the old gasket away, and make sure to get a razor blade or something to clean all the old sealent from the top and bottom.....do you have a tapped oil pan? there is no almost no way to intsall everything, and tune, since you have to let the sealents firm all the way, or at least 50%, lol.....
Old 07-12-2007, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I think I'm going to pass on the blowtorch. Don't feel to confident about laying under my car on jackstands with a torch! flathaed and hammer was what I was going to do. And yeah, got a tapped oil pan coming.

I don't think the tune is going to happen, but if we put the new pan on first thing in the morning, I think it should be sealed enought by the time we get the rest of the kit on to run to the show.

Jay Jay, did you get any engine management? If so, did you get tuned yet? You got the ZPI Stage 0 + intercooler, right?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey was up Jay Jay well like i told you just come down. That way Jason and I can check out your car . Once i see everything and go underneath the car i can analyze whats wrong with your car.

Also remeber to get the HKS blow off valve. U have too just like mind!! u know u like the sound from yesterday night!!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Yeah, I think I'm going to pass on the blowtorch. Don't feel to confident about laying under my car on jackstands with a torch! flathaed and hammer was what I was going to do. And yeah, got a tapped oil pan coming.

I don't think the tune is going to happen, but if we put the new pan on first thing in the morning, I think it should be sealed enought by the time we get the rest of the kit on to run to the show.

Jay Jay, did you get any engine management? If so, did you get tuned yet? You got the ZPI Stage 0 + intercooler, right?
yeah i have the greddy emanage blue and profec-e01 but no tune yet no money

Originally Posted by cabrera1985
Hey was up Jay Jay well like i told you just come down. That way Jason and I can check out your car . Once i see everything and go underneath the car i can analyze whats wrong with your car.

Also remeber to get the HKS blow off valve. U have too just like mind!! u know u like the sound from yesterday night!!
yeah man i really need to bring it to you guys, i get a popping noise, its most likely a exhaust leak somewhere, and yeah i just got more vac tubing so i can try redoing my lines and hopefully figure out my problem.

and yes i loved your sound so definitely gonna get one eventually
Old 07-12-2007, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty

I did it on both cars. Its going to be tough without a torch. Torch it for a few minutes and it will come right off without a fuss.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

definitely use a torch or else it will take forever to take off.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm asking around for one right now.
So, is your emanage plugged in and just zeroed out?
I got my AEM F/IC yesterday and my harness today, so I was thinking about just plugging it in. It's my understanding that haveing it plugged in with a zero map on it is like not haveing it in at all, but the note on the F/IC says it's best to have the unit installed prior to boosting.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah its just plugged in zero'd out when i unplug it and plug it in no difference, but i have the greddy profec e01 so i can play with the setting in the emanage, i'm gonna have cabrera1985's guy street tune it for now since he has the same unit.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice! I just looked up the profec...didn't know it did all that! Pretty sweet.