Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Omifab Turbo Tc goes to the track! 12.5 at 115 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good job. looking forward to the 11 secs
Old 05-02-2007, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Cant wait to head out to the track with you guys again. I forgot my camara otherwise I would of taken pics. I'll be at the track with tuning factory soon I'm sure and I'll get pics.

Do you mind taking a better video camera and not shut the camera off right as the boards light up too..

There were a ton of people at the track that day. it was hard to see anything. I dont have a video camara but I'll try and borrow a buddy's that way we can have a camara at the launch and finish.
I suspect people would complain even if you had Steven Spielburg do the video.
Ben I have another MPEG camera myself I can bring. Works pretty well. I used it for the in car videos I shot last time.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mildmodtc
Cant wait to head out to the track with you guys again. I forgot my camara otherwise I would of taken pics. I'll be at the track with tuning factory soon I'm sure and I'll get pics.

Do you mind taking a better video camera and not shut the camera off right as the boards light up too..

There were a ton of people at the track that day. it was hard to see anything. I dont have a video camara but I'll try and borrow a buddy's that way we can have a camara at the launch and finish.
Ben I have another MPEG camera myself I can bring. Works pretty well. I used it for the in car videos I shot last time.

Now I'm not that picky. There should be a rules and requirements board on the proper way to record videos sometimes though.

Requirements when recording cars at a race track.

1) Have a not so grainy camera
2) Record the cars from start to finish
3) ZOOM button works really well when trying to read the Board for track times.

Requirements when recording cars on a Dyno

1) After the dyno run, walk up to the dyno machine and video the #'s the machine spits out. Just tellng people what it did, leaves room for skeptisim.

I don't think that's to much to ask for..
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now I'm not that picky. There should be a rules and requirements board on the proper way to record videos sometimes though.

1) After the dyno run, walk up to the dyno machine and video the #'s the machine spits out. Just tellng people what it did, leaves room for skeptisim.

I think maybe I should just stop posting results. If people are going to be so nit picky it's just not worth it. I only get responses like this on the Scion boards. Sad but true. All the other boards people are happy with what I post. I provide as much information as possible. If you want a professional grade video feel free to pay for a filming crew. I won't mind. Otherwise I would be satisified with what is provided as it is designed to help everyone and advance this board to one that is concerned more than just dash LED's and xenon light upgrades. When I get comments like this it is insulting IMO. It's like someone cooking you a nice steak dinner and that person complaining that it is not served with the appropriate side dish.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

someone say steak?
Old 05-02-2007, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Guru

I think maybe I should just stop posting results. If people are going to be so nit picky it's just not worth it. I only get responses like this on the Scion boards. Sad but true. All the other boards people are happy with what I post. I provide as much information as possible. If you want a professional grade video feel free to pay for a filming crew. I won't mind. Otherwise I would be satisified with what is provided as it is designed to help everyone and advance this board to one that is concerned more than just dash LED's and xenon light upgrades. When I get comments like this it is insulting IMO. It's like someone cooking you a nice steak dinner and that person complaining that it is not served with the appropriate side dish.

Don't take it personal bro. I was not bashing you. I congratulated you remember? It's just that I post a lot of videos the way I think they should be posted...imo. Clear, no mistaking the times type videos. So, I can be a bit of a critic when it comes to that stuff. But no way shape or form and I hating on what you are doing. Keep up the good work, and don't get so bent out of shape over it.

Just felt like you (using your steak analogy), cooked me this delicious steak, and then cutt the fat off of it and served it to me, while you got to enjoy the actual meat...

So, don't be upset bro. It's all good. Just wished the vid was a little better that's all. If I was hatin on what you were doing, then I would have said something stupid like "That's BS, I don't believe it". But I'm not that type of person. So, looking forward to some better video shots, possibly pictures of the ride some more.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We will try our best to report with as much information as possible. Just gets frustrating when you go through the trouble of doing something for this board and they only complain that it should have been doing differently is all. I invite anyone to come out with us during these outings and/or inspect the car itself. We welcome inspections of any kind to verify our results. As Ben mentioned he was there as well. He can verify the time and trap speed.