Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Quick ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm listening to all of you appreciate the info. Yeh older cars bolt and go newer ones not so much my 03 tib I could have bolted a s/c to no tuning required but that's before emissions and ____ got complicated lol
Old 11-08-2011, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you honestly have experience with N/A tuning, you should know putting a turbo on a factor N/A car is a bad idea in the first place. Then you should know that if you have to do it, using all the parts you recommend will lead you to an expensive repair bill later. Everyone is saying the same thing. The only real "bolt on and go" kits are Dezod, p-tuning, an descendant. If you want anything else, you can easily do it right, anf build your own kit,But you said your a noob to f/I, so I wouldn't try it.

The OP has the answers to all his questions in this thread, and many others. Just lock it up.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Zpi stage 0 with full exhaust will put you at around 220whp. That's with stock ecu. But I'd just be safe and put in 440's or 410's.

I dont see a better option for you, price and power wise. Other than that, save up for what you need to get to do it right.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeh that sounds good but doesn't a 2010 need a couple misc parts to get it to bolt up. Also if I can't find a kit can build my own kit aka exact copy cat of it?
Old 11-14-2011, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can, but it might be hard to get a hold of the manifold and downpipe. their kind of scarce now a days. but full, used zpi kits will only run you about $800 without injectors. maybe even cheaper. a 16g is easy to get. and the piping is a bit unique, but it can also be made from scratch. just dont get a universal piping kit for the zpi kit and try to fabricate it yourself. that will be a disaster. i would try to find a kit on here and replicate the piping if you were to do it on your own. i can help you build a zpi kit if you'd like. just let me know
Old 11-14-2011, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DeAnzaJig
you can, but it might be hard to get a hold of the manifold and downpipe. their kind of scarce now a days. but full, used zpi kits will only run you about $800 without injectors. maybe even cheaper. a 16g is easy to get. and the piping is a bit unique, but it can also be made from scratch. just dont get a universal piping kit for the zpi kit and try to fabricate it yourself. that will be a disaster. i would try to find a kit on here and replicate the piping if you were to do it on your own. i can help you build a zpi kit if you'd like. just let me know
I appreciate it let's do it try
To replicate the stage 0 the best I can would be great to start and build off it in the future maybe
Old 11-14-2011, 09:18 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jbarker1983
To replicate the stage 0 the best I can would be great to start and build off it in the future maybe
It may be worth it to build on your own but understanding that how the quality of turbo parts come together and a proper tuning with aftermarket ecu will run higher number and last longer to withstand stress of the parts that run mild-high boost setting. If that was me, I would start off with bolt-on turbo kit and proper tuning to save the headache. If you have more in-depth questions, you can email mike@ptuning.com about PTUNING turbo kit.

Doug
Old 11-15-2011, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bdis3
If you honestly have experience with N/A tuning, you should know putting a turbo on a factor N/A car is a bad idea in the first place. Then you should know that if you have to do it, using all the parts you recommend will lead you to an expensive repair bill later. Everyone is saying the same thing. The only real "bolt on and go" kits are Dezod, p-tuning, an descendant. If you want anything else, you can easily do it right, anf build your own kit,But you said your a noob to f/I, so I wouldn't try it.

The OP has the answers to all his questions in this thread, and many others. Just lock it up.
This.
Save your pennies, buy a REPUTABLE turbo kit. Be happy. The End.
I would trust a Descendant,Dezod,Ptuning kit on 8-12 psi more than I would trust a zpi kit on 6 psi w/o management. I started off a few years ago on a zpi stage zero kit. It is not worth risking it.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Blowing up you engine could be the best learning tool you get though.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member

You made the right decision. I wish I would have gone turbo. I have added a lot of other mods and am still just shy of breaking into the 13's. Haven't been to the track in a couple years. I hope to crack the barrier with better launches this year. Good luck
Old 11-17-2011, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jbarker1983
honestly i think that would be the best choice for you. it sounds like you just want to get a little more bang out of the car, as opposed to making a ridiculous daily driver. in my opinion 240hp is the most i would go on a daily driver with a stock motor. yea you can go more, but you also will have to spend LOTS more money, and is a lot less reliable. i dont care what anybody says, making 350 whp on a daily driver, even with GREAT tuning, your car wont last NEARLY as long as it was built to. it might last a year, maybe 2, but if your not planning on selling the car in the near future, dont push it. its just common sense. I am in no way saying that the poeple that push their stock motors into the 300 hp range arent smart (ive done it, and will do it again), but for someone that isnt going to eventually build their motor, fix it when it pops, or have the money, probably isnt the best route.

Im not saying it cant be done, or that it shouldnt. but just remember.....common sense. you dont need to be a mechanic to understand that concept.

IDK why people hate on the ZPI kit so much. From my experience, and many others, its an amazing starter kit. For someone that doesnt want to push the car to the max but wants a little boost. The only time i hear people blowing thier motors with A TRUE STAGE 0 is when they go over 6 psi, add an innercooler, or dont change the injectors.

but anyway. just shoot me a pm, and we can get started.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just think about it this way. The more power you try to make, the more of a gamble it is. I dont care what kit you buy, its risky with ANY FI. but if you want to keep the risks low, keep the power low (tune on stage 0 if you want to be ultra safe), and enjoy. enough said. i can guide you through it a lot more outside of this thread. and help you do what you want to do