Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

S/C issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default S/C issues

Hi! guys I recently got my supercharger on and I'm having a few problem I tried searching for the problem on scionlife, but couldn't find anything. I purchased a used s/c with 9k on it. I got done installing it and have been driving it for a while. The first major issue is that I been losing a lot of coolant i mean I filled up a full tank on the reserve tank and it ran dry when I check but my temp gauge didn't show the engine was over heating. The car warmed up quick thats what I notice. The other issues is that when I go w/o from 2nd to 3rd gear the car stayed at 5k for a while before hitting almost redline. I was wondering if that is belt slip or my clutch getting burned up or could it be other issues.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

belt slipping wouldn't cause you to stay at 5k rpm, might be your clutch slipping or something. The coolant issue, make sure you put everything on correctly and its not leaking, thermostat housing etc. You did get a reflashed ecu/aftermarket engine management with the s/c kit right?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as the coolant goes, when you switched radiator hoses and the thermostat, you probably lost a lot of coolant, so the reservoir is just refilling it back up. With the supercharger, your car will heat up a lot quicker than stock lol. And the RPMs getting stuck at 5k.. no traction?? LOL.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

i had the same problem with the coolant i took it back to the dealership and they told me there was just air in the line but i cant see how i was losing coolant with a air pocket in the hose
Old 02-23-2009, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

you did get a reflash on your ecu right? im not saying that has anything to do with your post ....but im just askin because you surely want that done
Old 02-23-2009, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea.. swapped ecu with the guy so I have the supercharger ecu it's running rich because I can smell it I have no catalytic converter. I keeping having the engine light for no catalytic detection so I end up going to autozone every two days to get it turn off. Is their a permanent solution like the anti-fouler nut thingy. If so do I need two of them because we have to O2 sensors?
Old 02-23-2009, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HEYitzMEEE
As far as the coolant goes, when you switched radiator hoses and the thermostat, you probably lost a lot of coolant, so the reservoir is just refilling it back up. With the supercharger, your car will heat up a lot quicker than stock lol. And the RPMs getting stuck at 5k.. no traction?? LOL.
When you shift from 2nd to 3rd your like doing 45 or 50mph we could still have traction issues at that speed? I have kumho ecsta on my car... The other post about the clutch why doesn't it slip from 1st and 2nd but only when I'm flooring from 3rd it has clutch slip weird? Yea I probably find out soon when spring break rolls around and I install my new clutch and flywheel...
Old 02-23-2009, 06:45 PM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Ghosty44
Yea.. swapped ecu with the guy so I have the supercharger ecu it's running rich because I can smell it I have no catalytic converter. I keeping having the engine light for no catalytic detection so I end up going to autozone every two days to get it turn off. Is their a permanent solution like the anti-fouler nut thingy. If so do I need two of them because we have to O2 sensors?

get a cel fix from weapon r
Old 02-23-2009, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ghosty44
Originally Posted by HEYitzMEEE
When you shift from 2nd to 3rd your like doing 45 or 50mph we could still have traction issues at that speed? I have kumho ecsta on my car... The other post about the clutch why doesn't it slip from 1st and 2nd but only when I'm flooring from 3rd it has clutch slip weird? Yea I probably find out soon when spring break rolls around and I install my new clutch and flywheel...
Well you should be able to hear/feel if your loosing traction. and yes you can have traction problems at that speed if its cold or salty or wet etc.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it pretty cold but it can't happen every time and not when your tires are warmed up. I'm guessing bad clutch because I know I wore my clutch out...