Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

supercharge my tC

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I can't find a auto fit kit for my S/c...it'll be up for sale...no one has a auto fit kit!!!!

Its brand new.. too....
Old 08-08-2009, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by b52hDUNN
That makes no sense what you said. what makes a turbo tc different then any other make/ model turbo inline 4cylinder. They all have the same parts/ components as far as the turbo goes. I'm talking about all mechanical problems with a turbo. Yes motors do blow up that is just what happens sometimes, boost or no boost.

''no turbo tC has ever had a cracked head, blown headgaskets, and every other headache you mentioned'' Are you kidding?
I have seen far worse then that here on SL.

cracked header... blown exhaust gaskets... is what i originally said by the way

Like I said been there done that myself with my own vehicles. If you haven't been there you don't know.

I don't make sense? LOL....Hmm...

My comparison
Comparing a turbo tC's maintenance to a S/C tC's maintenance.

Your comparison

Well, I owned an MR2 and a Ford Ranger and they had problems so a turbo tC will have the same problems....to a S/C tC...lol. Drawing a X-Correlation from other totally different cars with different engines to make an argument....and I'm the one that don't make sense...lol. Different compression ratios, different thresh holds, different structural integrity. Cracked header? I naturally thought you said cracked head, cause simply who says cracked header when we are talking about boost. Most people say manifold, so I was reading through what you wrote. A cracked manifold...wow. $20 buck weld job. Shaft replacement on a S/C not so much.

But hey, what do I know...I've only been around long before there was even a F/I on SL and boosted for 3+ years. There aren't many of us "OG's" left in the F/I section.

Last edited by rhythmnsmoke; 08-08-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ahhh guys.. i was just askin some opinion here.. i didnt want any problems in this thread.. if u guys hate each other that much please just pm the person what ever u think on em plz
Old 08-08-2009, 09:41 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Your equation is a little bit off. Example your 1900/60hp. Think of what it takes to get more power out of the S/C. You would have to buy a Header/Intake/Smaller pulley. That's what another $3-400 dollars and you would be around oh say 250whp. Turbo on the other hand, not only is it already making 40 More whp, but you add $80 bucks for a boost controller, and just turn up the boost. If you can tune yourself, tuning = free. You can't tune a S/C with another reflash, you have to buy management.

Warranties are worthless. I'm about to make a thread exactly about that.

Not to mention the 05-06 TRD S/C was not $1900 brand new when it first came out. It was $3000+. NOW...$1900 is what it's worth. So, NOW the price is reasonable. The 07+ S/C is again....$3000+. They don't make them anymore so, not sure how the price is at this current moment.
A little bit off? No.

No ones talking bout what the price of the SC was, who cares. I live in the now. And if you want to get into mods for the SC then its STILL a better dollar to horsepower comparo vs the turbo.

K so I bought my SC for $1900 lets add the I/P/H for $400. Now we paid a grand total of $2300 and gained +110whp. So now I'm paying $20.90 per wheel horsepower!!! Thats pretty damn cheap.

Dezod S1 $3975 + $80 for boost controller= $4055/+150whp(give or take)= $27.03 per whp. Not bad but still not a better value than the SC. Sorry.

AND... what you said bout warranties being worthless was just ridiculous and ill advised. Last month I cost Scion and TRD over $7000 in warrantied parts and labor. My tranny blew and I got a brand new one FREE. One week later my POS first version 06 SC blew the bearings and I got a brand new redesigned version FREE. Don't tell me warranties are worthless. You think they would have warrantied my tranny if I had an aftermarket turbo on that isht, I think not. Don't waste you're time making a thread about worthless warranties cuz you'll just get s**t on dude.

Last edited by SciMeiji; 08-08-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SciMeiji
A little bit off? No.

No ones talking bout what the price of the SC was, who cares. I live in the now. And if you want to get into mods for the SC then its STILL a better dollar to horsepower comparo vs the turbo.

K so I bought my SC for $1900 lets add the I/P/H for $400. Now we paid a grand total of $2300 and gained +110whp. So now I'm paying $20.90 per wheel horsepower!!! Thats pretty damn cheap.

Dezod S1 $3975 + $80 for boost controller= $4055/+150whp(give or take)= $27.03 per whp. Not bad but still not a better value than the SC. Sorry.

AND... what you said bout warranties being worthless was just ridiculous and ill advised. Last month I cost Scion and TRD over $7000 in warrantied parts and labor. My tranny blew and I got a brand new one FREE. One week later my POS first version 06 SC blew the bearings and I got a brand new redesigned version FREE. Don't tell me warranties are worthless. You think they would have warrantied my tranny if I had an aftermarket turbo on that isht, I think not. Don't waste you're time making a thread about worthless warranties cuz you'll just get s**t on dude.

if the S/C is so damn great.... why is it discontinued??? I had my turbo kit on my car for about 3 months now with absolutely no problems.... my buddy have is s/c on his car for about a month and he been to the dealership 5 times already because of his s/c... and now he's going turbo....ummmmmm.... and the s/c only gives you 40hp... so your telling me with just I/P/H that will give you an extra 70hp??? if that set up would give you that much power for only $400... then why would you pay $1900 on the s/c for just 40hp??? you sir just failed with that post

Last edited by Exodus; 08-08-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 08-08-2009, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You sir have got to be an absolutely imbecile. You would most certainly be the first in SL history to achieve those alleged numbers.

Last edited by Cwatz5219; 08-08-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

A little bit off? No.

LOL...sure dude. I'm done talking about it. The S/C NOW can be considered a decent price for what you get. That's NOW. Would I still buy it over a turbo....NO. S/C is NOT to be compared to the Turbo...they are not on the same level period.

Warranties = garbage for me. I do my own work. And absolutely HATE dealerships touching my car.

Get s**t on? LOL...you must be new around here. End conversation about the superiority of a Turbo vs a S/C, search around, it's been discussed 1BILLION times.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cwatz5219

You sir have got to be an absolutely imbecile. You would most certainly be the first in SL history to achieve those alleged numbers.

Like I said, the boy must be new around here...

His theme song should be...."We have Hiiiiiigh Hopes!...We have Hiiiiigh Hopes!"

My boy with the Modded S/C in the video I posted, dynoed at 238whp. That's with S/C + I/H/E + 9 PSI pulley upgade. That's 238 - 140 (stock) = 98whp difference. Where he getting 110 from? Standard turbo with nothing changed = 150whp, and that's before even getting into turning the boost up that is. 150 vs 98....hmmm.

I'm not talking smack or anything, but a completely stock tC with a S/C on it vs a tC with I/H/E and maybe a pulley....run pretty much the same 1/4 mile times. Never going to see that with a turbo tC (not even a Stage 0) and everything else stock vs a bolt-on tC...

Originally Posted by Exodus
if the S/C is so damn great.... why is it discontinued??? I had my turbo kit on my car for about 3 months now with absolutely no problems.... my buddy have is s/c on his car for about a month and he been to the dealership 5 times already because of his s/c... and now he's going turbo....ummmmmm.... and the s/c only gives you 40hp... so your telling me with just I/P/H that will give you an extra 70hp??? if that set up would give you that much power for only $400... then why would you pay $1900 on the s/c for just 40hp??? you sir just failed with that post

EPIC FAIL for sure....lol. And I'm the one that's going to get s**t on. Noobs...I tell you, Noobs.

PS....my boy Preston has been boosted for about 3 years at 10lbs. Races on the weekends constantly. He has a stock clutch, and FINALLY its starting to slip a little. That has been his only problem with his boosted experience. He has a Dezod kit.

Last edited by rhythmnsmoke; 08-09-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

about turbo tC not blowing head gaskets? Im turboed and i blew my head gasket and then cracked three out of 4 pistons. That was all stock internals at the time. Not any more though replaced everything and now it should be smooth sailing. Even though turbo seems like more of a headache its not so long you know how to work on the car if something where to go wrong.

With things being illegal who cares just do it anyways. lol.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If im not mistaking the turbos dezod has with some of there kits are good for almost 400 correct?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any kit can be good for 400 if you change your impeller size and go full EMS. I wouldn't trust a piggy back to that extreme. The motor and drivetrain would likely give quickly if you daily drive a 400 whp TC without supporting mods and building a motor.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ very true i got standalone...best thing ever. So i would say verdict is turbo no s/c lol
Old 08-10-2009, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BC_Scion_LA
With things being illegal who cares just do it anyways. lol.
In CA they can impound your car. It'd be one thing to spend the $, get caught and then have to remove a turbo kit, but the potential for losing the whole car makes it not worth the risk...at least for most sane people.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:53 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Exodus
40hp? what? U fail. It's 60whp get your facts straight before posting. Even rhythm knew that.

Never said anything bout the s/c being so great. Don't put words in my mouth. Just to summarize what I said, cuz I know you're having a tough time... Going (modded)s/c was the CHEAPEST way to get an added 100 (or rhythms 110whp) out of the tC HANDS DOWN. U fail again.

You're buddy rhythm says a tC with a supercharger+intake+pulley+header = a 250whp tc I was just going with it.

Y did I waste my time replying to you? You're confused bro.

Last edited by SciMeiji; 08-12-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:03 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cwatz5219

Hmmm... where'd you're turbo buddy, rhythm get em from then? I'm just going off exactly what he said.:

Your equation is a little bit off. Example your 1900/60hp. Think of what it takes to get more power out of the S/C. You would have to buy a Header/Intake/Smaller pulley. That's what another $3-400 dollars and you would be around oh say 250whp.

Is he an imbecile too?

Once again, I wasted my time replying.

Last edited by SciMeiji; 08-12-2009 at 06:34 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rhythmnsmoke said "
My boy with the Modded S/C in the video I posted, dynoed at 238whp. That's with S/C + I/H/E + 9 PSI pulley upgade. That's 238 - 140 (stock) = 98whp difference."

That is still no where near 250whp. Used I/H/E part will cost $400, new parts will cost over $600.
usually I/H/E mod on SC will yield about 220whp. anymore will require piggyback.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I <3 turbo personally. I'd like to see Jackson Racing make a roots style blower for this car
Old 08-12-2009, 05:20 AM
SL Member

LOL...sure dude. I'm done talking about it. The S/C NOW can be considered a decent price for what you get. That's NOW. Would I still buy it over a turbo....NO. S/C is NOT to be compared to the Turbo...they are not on the same level period.

Warranties = garbage for me. I do my own work. And absolutely HATE dealerships touching my car.

Get s**t on? LOL...you must be new around here. End conversation about the superiority of a Turbo vs a S/C, search around, it's been discussed 1BILLION times.
When did you get on this debate about superiority between the turbo and s/c? That must have been with someone else.

All I said, as I summarize this for you again, the CHEAPEST (or best value) way to get 240whp (or the 250whp that you said could be gained in an earlier post which you seem to have forgotten about) was to go modded S/C.

I never said a word bout the s/c's performance being better than the turbo. R u kidding me? If all my warranties ran out and I could buy a SOLID turbo kit for the $1900 I paid or even upwards of $2,750, I would have that sh*t in a second. Turbo blows s/c out of the water, that's not even in question.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Someone is upset because he's starting to realize his S/C is slow .

Quick Reply: supercharge my tC