Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

supercharge my tC

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Also, if you're concerned about getting the most power for the $, congrats on failing hard. You should have bought nitrous. Same results as you're ENTIRE S/C setup for 1/3 the price. Kthxbai.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:31 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Your equation is a little bit off. Example your 1900/60hp. Think of what it takes to get more power out of the S/C. You would have to buy a Header/Intake/Smaller pulley. That's what another $3-400 dollars and you would be around oh say 250whp. Turbo on the other hand, not only is it already making 40 More whp, but you add $80 bucks for a boost controller, and just turn up the boost. If you can tune yourself, tuning = free. You can't tune a S/C with another reflash, you have to buy management.

Warranties are worthless. I'm about to make a thread exactly about that.

Not to mention the 05-06 TRD S/C was not $1900 brand new when it first came out. It was $3000+. NOW...$1900 is what it's worth. So, NOW the price is reasonable. The 07+ S/C is again....$3000+. They don't make them anymore so, not sure how the price is at this current moment.
^ read that highlighted part one more time.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:43 AM
SL Member

Like I said, the boy must be new around here...

His theme song should be...."We have Hiiiiiigh Hopes!...We have Hiiiiigh Hopes!"

My boy with the Modded S/C in the video I posted, dynoed at 238whp. That's with S/C + I/H/E + 9 PSI pulley upgade. That's 238 - 140 (stock) = 98whp difference. Where he getting 110 from? Standard turbo with nothing changed = 150whp, and that's before even getting into turning the boost up that is. 150 vs 98....hmmm.

I'm not talking smack or anything, but a completely stock tC with a S/C on it vs a tC with I/H/E and maybe a pulley....run pretty much the same 1/4 mile times. Never going to see that with a turbo tC (not even a Stage 0) and everything else stock vs a bolt-on tC...

EPIC FAIL for sure....lol. And I'm the one that's going to get s**t on. Noobs...I tell you, Noobs.

PS....my boy Preston has been boosted for about 3 years at 10lbs. Races on the weekends constantly. He has a stock clutch, and FINALLY its starting to slip a little. That has been his only problem with his boosted experience. He has a Dezod kit.
You said 250whp as I reposted above for ya. So if the stock tC = 140whp and you said 250whp can be had with SC/I/P/H thats 110whp. Just catchin you in you're own lie bro.

Where did this "stock turbo" come from? I was doing a direct comparison with a trusted name in tC turbos, Dezod.

Not new to SL or tC forums. Just haven't posted here in a while and forgot my old tag.

There's no need to insult anyone. I'm a grown man, I don't have time for that nonsense. C'mon you're better than that. I've read some of you're other isht and I usually agree with you but I caught you on 1 thing and now everyones got the red dot on me. Y'all need to chill/grow up one or the other.

Last edited by SciMeiji; 08-12-2009 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:55 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Also, if you're concerned about getting the most power for the $, congrats on failing hard. You should have bought nitrous. Same results as you're ENTIRE S/C setup for 1/3 the price. Kthxbai.
R u serious with the nitrous? U people still exist? Thats beneath me. Fake hp. No homo. And you act like you're just insulting SC guy with that comment.

Could you race me all day long? Sure you'll beat me with the right amount but what'll happen when you're little bottle runs out? Awww.

[FAIL]
Old 08-12-2009, 06:29 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
I <3 turbo personally. I'd like to see Jackson Racing make a roots style blower for this car
Roots would be sick compared to the centrifugal design but I don't think they could've made it fit between the firewall and the motor as it needs to be directly connected to the intake manifold. This was the dilemma for TRD when designing a FI unit for the tC.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by SciMeiji
R u serious with the nitrous? U people still exist? Thats beneath me. Fake hp. No homo. And you act like you're just insulting SC guy with that comment.

Could you race me all day long? Sure you'll beat me with the right amount but what'll happen when you're little bottle runs out? Awww.

[FAIL]
lol, you people? I'm boosted, I don't run nitrous. You're the one who's calculating HP/$ trying to say that the S/C is better in that aspect. I'm stating a fact that you cannot beat the HP/$ factor of nitrous. Go drive your slow S/C tC.

Oh, and you don't have 250whp. Maybe on an inflated DynaPack, but you don't actually have 250whp.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Roots would be sick compared to the centrifugal design but I don't think they could've made it fit between the firewall and the motor as it needs to be directly connected to the intake manifold. This was the dilemma for TRD when designing a FI unit for the tC.
Have you seen the size of the stock plastic manifold? lol A blower could easily fit back there, it just wouldn't be as easy to install which is probably why TRD didn't go that route. There is plenty enough room back there for a blower that can push 10 psi. You'll just be dealing with Helen Keller bolts and a quirky belt drive. I'd still love to see it.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

40hp? what? U fail. It's 60whp get your facts straight before posting. Even rhythm knew that.

Never said anything bout the s/c being so great. Don't put words in my mouth. Just to summarize what I said, cuz I know you're having a tough time... Going (modded)s/c was the CHEAPEST way to get an added 100 (or rhythms 110whp) out of the tC HANDS DOWN. U fail again.

You're buddy rhythm says a tC with a supercharger+intake+pulley+header = a 250whp tc I was just going with it.

Y did I waste my time replying to you? You're confused bro.

read and learn young grasshopper..... the S/C only gives you a whoooping 40hp http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=108776
Old 08-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

just wanted to add another link for you SciMeiji....... 40hp.... not 60hp..... FAILED!!!

http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=155
Old 08-12-2009, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[FAIL]
lol are you serious?? nitrous is fake horsepower but turbo's and superchargers arent??

wow... thats funny.... what will happen when my bottle runs out? ill go fill it up for $26 bucks and continue to beat you.... what happens when your supercharger or turbocharger breaks, and **** up your engine? can you go pay $26 for a bottle refill?

didnt think so.... nitrous... fake hp? lol... wow
Old 08-12-2009, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nitrous can blow a motor too. It can also be safe if proper precautions are taken... same as F/I. No difference, just preference.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

scimeji i support u when the sc setup, i can agree that the sc isnt the best out there cause trd was trying to give a lil more hp to there customers with warranty in stock terms and call it a day. i have the sc for some time about 22k on it or so.. no bearings no nothing everything is fine.. i know that every1 on this forum hates the sc kit always go turbo.. i do agree to them to a point. but as another car/scion gear head. its just wrong that every1 in the force induction dont get alone because they dont have a turbo and u wasted ur money on ur sc or nos. and by the way. even if you have a turbo kit or nos on the car its still half fast!!! the tuning will just let ur engine last longer. the correct way of anything is to have the motor with stand that abuse for the start. we as scion/car gear heads we should support every rather turn on each other because it was a waste of money. i have been on sl for along time too i just dont like to post cause there is always drama..

heres the pros of havin a sc emission,less stress on engine, warranty covered on unmodded ones, great for auto crossing, and time attack,

heres the cons, overpriced on a lil vtech sc,poor 1/4mile run/ rolls, cant keep up with turbo unless it is modded on mayb from dig or use nos, gotta keep buying pulley for more psi.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Hmmm... where'd you're turbo buddy, rhythm get em from then? I'm just going off exactly what he said.:

Your equation is a little bit off. Example your 1900/60hp. Think of what it takes to get more power out of the S/C. You would have to buy a Header/Intake/Smaller pulley. That's what another $3-400 dollars and you would be around oh say 250whp.

Is he an imbecile too?

Once again, I wasted my time replying.

OK WHOOOAAAA!!! I FINALLY got a chance to reply to your comments. My Ipod died on me while on a Business trip, so I could not reply to you after this comment was made. That should include Exhaust system by the way. Also, it's called being Optimistic and giving the benefit of the doubt. I gave the highest case scenario that it could POSSIBLY hit. Do they normally hit those numbers....NO they do not.

40hp? what? U fail. It's 60whp get your facts straight before posting. Even rhythm knew that.

Never said anything bout the s/c being so great. Don't put words in my mouth. Just to summarize what I said, cuz I know you're having a tough time... Going (modded)s/c was the CHEAPEST way to get an added 100 (or rhythms 110whp) out of the tC HANDS DOWN. U fail again.

You're buddy rhythm says a tC with a supercharger+intake+pulley+header = a 250whp tc I was just going with it.

Y did I waste my time replying to you? You're confused bro.
First off, this is what I posted:

or the 05-06 MANUAL tC you are looking to dyno around 135-140whp stock. With S/C'er 185-190whp.

For the 07+ MANUAL tC you are looking to dyno around 145-150whp stock. With S/C'er 190-210whp.

60whp gain is the absolute MOST extreme case of gains you will see on a S/C and ONLY on the 07+ years. Like I said MOST extreme. Is it the Norm HECK no. Norm is 40-50whp gain.

When did you get on this debate about superiority between the turbo and s/c? That must have been with someone else.

All I said, as I summarize this for you again, the CHEAPEST (or best value) way to get 240whp (or the 250whp that you said could be gained in an earlier post which you seem to have forgotten about) was to go modded S/C.

I never said a word bout the s/c's performance being better than the turbo. R u kidding me? If all my warranties ran out and I could buy a SOLID turbo kit for the $1900 I paid or even upwards of $2,750, I would have that sh*t in a second. Turbo blows s/c out of the water, that's not even in question.

You can build a custom turbo setup for the same price you paid for your S/C (give or take a few). So, sorry, NO it is not the Cheapest way nor the best value to get 240whp. My boy paid $3k for a Stage 0 installed Straight from ZPI. The video I posted of my boy racing me with his modded S/C...ALSO lost to my boy with the $3k dollar Stage 0 setup (6 PSI of boost). And that is for a production kit. A custom kit could be created for $2k.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

You said 250whp as I reposted above for ya. So if the stock tC = 140whp and you said 250whp can be had with SC/I/P/H thats 110whp. Just catchin you in you're own lie bro.

Where did this "stock turbo" come from? I was doing a direct comparison with a trusted name in tC turbos, Dezod.

Not new to SL or tC forums. Just haven't posted here in a while and forgot my old tag.

There's no need to insult anyone. I'm a grown man, I don't have time for that nonsense. C'mon you're better than that. I've read some of you're other isht and I usually agree with you but I caught you on 1 thing and now everyones got the red dot on me. Y'all need to chill/grow up one or the other.

Read post above. That combo should have included Exhaust in there. No S/C plus I/H/P is going to make 250whp. ONLY possible way for a S/C tC with I/H/E and the common 9 or 9.5 PSI pulley to breake 250whp it would have to be an 07+ tC and be dynoed on a dynojet or dynopack.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by krazyjvilled
lol are you serious?? nitrous is fake horsepower but turbo's and superchargers arent??

wow... thats funny.... what will happen when my bottle runs out? ill go fill it up for $26 bucks and continue to beat you.... what happens when your supercharger or turbocharger breaks, and **** up your engine? can you go pay $26 for a bottle refill?

didnt think so.... nitrous... fake hp? lol... wow
Originally Posted by rangerryda
Nitrous can blow a motor too. It can also be safe if proper precautions are taken... same as F/I. No difference, just preference.

Indeed, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Nitrous Backfires are not fun on the motor.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Funny how some of you say you been on here for a long time, and your join date says 2009.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Funny how some of you say you been on here for a long time, and your join date says 2009.
rhythmnsmoke. if this is most towards me is because my old screen name was njxgary.

Last edited by garynkim; 08-13-2009 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:55 AM
SL Member

Pro
-Gives a little boost in power

Con
-Not worth the price for that small amount of power

Turbo > S/C'er
Agreed esp for how easy it is to make power going the turbo route. If im not mistaken you can make more power on the ZPI- Stage 0 then you can on the TRD S/C..
Old 08-13-2009, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm kinda scared of the ZPI stage 0... no engine management? eek! Or did they finally include one now? It's been a while since I shopped for turbo kits
Old 08-13-2009, 07:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

... what in the hell is going on in here......

*pees on floor, leaves*

Quick Reply: supercharge my tC