Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TOTALED....Turbonetics tC......tire blew in apex of turn!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
This is why I went turbonetics as well.
Glad to hear and good to you see on the owners club...:D
And its great forum too. Do you use the same name on there?
No on there I'm Robert. Site owner/admin :D
Old 06-11-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by io333
Originally Posted by Somnambulated
You know, with all the tC's being wrecked, I'm happy to see very few tC owners have been badly hurt. Makes me feel safer driving one.

Glad you're ok--and keep us updated on the new one.
Except that airbag sensors on bumpers are stupid -- what if you smack a pole? Even my ancient Volvo has a G-force sensor under the driver's seat which goes off ANY TIME there are SUFFICIENT FORCES in the correct direction so that the airbag would be advantageous. I guess that's one of the many reasons that Japanese cars can be built with supposedly the same features as European cars but somehow for far less $$$. I guess once again you get what you pay for. Maybe next time I get a new car I'll just get a BMW and be done with it.
I have a 540i and a tc guess which is faster up to 127mph at 1/4 the price. +1 tc.

Old 06-11-2006, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ouch
Old 06-11-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Schuller

I have a 540i and a tc guess which is faster up to 127mph at 1/4 the price. +1 tc.

great point.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member

You saying after its been turbo'd right? Cause if not, NoOoOo Way!! My mom has a 530i black on black, sweet rims, pretty pimp.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know, with all the tC's being wrecked, I'm happy to see very few tC owners have been badly hurt. Makes me feel safer driving one.

Except that airbag sensors on bumpers are stupid -- what if you smack a pole? Even my ancient Volvo has a G-force sensor under the driver's seat which goes off ANY TIME there are SUFFICIENT FORCES in the correct direction so that the airbag would be advantageous. I guess that's one of the many reasons that Japanese cars can be built with supposedly the same features as European cars but somehow for far less $$$. I guess once again you get what you pay for. Maybe next time I get a new car I'll just get a BMW and be done with it.
Good luck with that.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member

hey glad to hear you ok but just wonderin how those falks where when they where good im lookin at bf goodrich g force TA yoko avs and eagle f1
Old 06-11-2006, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow man, glad your ok.

awesome deal by turbonetics, cant beat it.

i have a question -- when cornering hard, in the correct gear, I experience lots of roll with my car. I understand you'll get body roll in any car, but when going on a 180 degree onramp and accelerating through it, it seems like my front tires are rolling off the rim, it doesn't just hug the ground.

i understand some of it may be my driving and its only a 16k vehicle and I have no suspension mods, i just wish it would stick a little better

ANYWAYS !! FIX THAT TURBONETICS KIT UP GET An 06 AND STAY SAFE!!
Old 06-11-2006, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Read your manual..thats what the pretensioners and airbags both are for....he did not hit hard enough to set the air bags off, but i guarantee those pretensioners worked good....

it's the angle of impact that matters also...SRS airbags are primarily for head-on collisions, with SRS side/sidecurtain being for the side collisions.....at an angle(considering he was in a turn) it is probable that the G-force load was insufficient to set off the air bag sensor.

Glad to hear everyone is ok either way
Old 06-11-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCerz1an

i have a question -- when cornering hard, in the correct gear, I experience lots of roll with my car. I understand you'll get body roll in any car, but when going on a 180 degree onramp and accelerating through it, it seems like my front tires are rolling off the rim, it doesn't just hug the ground.

i understand some of it may be my driving and its only a 16k vehicle and I have no suspension mods, i just wish it would stick a little better
Get some lowering springs and I assure you it will stick on them ramps much better!
Old 06-12-2006, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XD40tC
Originally Posted by tCerz1an

Get some lowering springs and I assure you it will stick on them ramps much better!
Also it has to do with the suspension design that the tc has. McPherson struts aren't that great when it comes to cornering like the wishbone design. The tc doesn't produce a lot of camber when cornering therefore it tends to ride more on the sides of the tire. That is why you feel like the tire is going to roll off the rim.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

excellent answers I appreciate it.

I currently got a job and am helping my mom pay insurance and payments on this car . I put the down payment of about 4k I had saved up down and she makes payments and I help her with what I can. I might sound spoiled but I help my mom out whenever I can and she doesnt mind helping me out so I dont mind accepting it. we love each other :p isnt that cute, anyways...

I plan on getting some lowering springs as my next mod. I have heard that will help me stick to those ramps a lot better, but what about the camber your talking about.

cant i adjust my camber to help me through the corners?? im also assuming it would probably incrase/decrease the wear on my tires??

can someone go into more detail??

i appreciate it! thx
Old 06-12-2006, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh man wow - i hope your ok - i know how you fell man - some idiot kid hit my car 2 weeks ago and its about to enter the shop soon - i think those are the falken rt615's am i right or no? anyways good luck with everything?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes they are the RT 615's, they are nasty tires. I love them.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCTuNeR80
Yes they are the RT 615's, they are nasty tires. I love them.
Were they able to hold 2nd gear without spinning? What size?
Old 06-12-2006, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

insurance is looking into that now. Whatever is damamged will be replaced and put onto my 06 tC. Most of my aftermarket equip. is ok though. I had 5,000 worth insured, and what is damamged is not even close to that
So your insurance company would cover the turbo? Did they know before hand that you had the turbo? I thought they don't cover it if they don't know about it?

Glad you're ok, I don't hear or read about too many people getting hurt bad in the tC which is good but I don't want to find out how good it is.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
insurance is looking into that now. Whatever is damamged will be replaced and put onto my 06 tC. Most of my aftermarket equip. is ok though. I had 5,000 worth insured, and what is damamged is not even close to that
So your insurance company would cover the turbo? Did they know before hand that you had the turbo? I thought they don't cover it if they don't know about it?

Glad you're ok, I don't hear or read about too many people getting hurt bad in the tC which is good but I don't want to find out how good it is.
Actually in his case it doesn't matter. Turbonetics covers the entire kit no fault no hassle. Any piece of the turbo system that was damaged they will replace free of charge.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Actually in his case it doesn't matter. Turbonetics covers the entire kit no fault no hassle. Any piece of the turbo system that was damaged they will replace free of charge.
Yeah I read that but in an earlier post he made it sound like the insurance company was gonna pay for it. This one thing I've been a little worried about when I get mine.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had 5000 dollars of aftermarket coverage on my TC