Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD Supercharger Key Tool

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by equinox2355
Originally Posted by AZGuy
Originally Posted by KrazyAznScion
why???..... O.o
Warranty.
I just want to put this out there:

Its because of things like this why manufacturers are so strict on the warranties. If you changed a part and caused the failure, YOU SHOULD BE LIABLE, NOT THE DEALER.

its simple;

The manufacturer messes up = They pay for it

you mess it up = YOU PAY FOR IT

(ex: putting on a smaller pulley, changing header, basically all the things that they said if you did it, they would not cover it under warranty!)

what are you a trd poster child? You forget that just because your not having problems doesn't mean others aren't, the majority of 05/06 owners are. Also with this bolt if someone wants wants to mod their car out and doesn't care about warranty, they don't really have any way to get the bolt off either than grinding it off and such.

And the bolt doesn't really matter anyway, if they are persistent, and especially if you did the install yourself, then they can say whatever they want and your sol. Doesn't matter if the bolt/cap is there or not.

Most people are not to blame for "messing it up" its a ____ty design and all the bearings are ____ty even the idler pulley bearings.

Where there is a will there is a way

Its like manufacturers that are now starting to make the stereos in their cars not changeable, thats b/s. I agree people shouldn't "cheat" toyota out of warranty, but generally its the other way around. Everytime i take my car in, whether its for rattles in the hatch, engine noises or other things, they always try to tell you everything is fine and don't want to fix anything. And thats at 5 different dealerships and counting.