Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Who has financed their s/c with their loan NOT WITH TOYOTA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Who has financed their s/c with their loan NOT WITH TOYOTA?

as were all aware we cant finance the sc with toyota, but all you that have financed it with their credit union's, how did you do it and where did you do it at? i went to my local community america today and they do 120% financing, but she said the s/c has to be on the purchase order. i know i have to buy them separate, but my salesman said he wouldnt be able to do that, because they get audited. so how did you all do it? i know even some of you said that you went back and had the s/c put in the price of the loan... what gives?
Old 05-05-2006, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

See if your credit union will give you a personal loan. This is one way to get around the financing red tape.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I financed mined with Toyota! I just had the Finance Manager call it a dealer installed part and walla! Im S/C'ed Baby!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Smthkd
I financed mined with Toyota! I just had the Finance Manager call it a dealer installed part and walla! Im S/C'ed Baby!!!
Ive been hearing of this happening, my Finance Manager quickly shut down that idea. You are lucky!
Old 05-06-2006, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your dealer could get in trouble for that. We get audited every 3 months. Being out of compliance with Scion rules can mean lack of product to sell.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Your dealership did something that could take away 30% of all their Scions that come in. To me it's not worth it to do things shaddy like that. The beauty of Pure Price and the Scion process is that everyone gets the same deal as you, just not the same car.

I do have problems with the way they set up the supercharger and cold air intake through Toyota Motor Credit. I'm with you there, but we have to all play by the same rules.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, they bought the S/C then installed it. My financing documents called it "Dealer Installed Forced Induction". This way it "was" in compliance as the item was bought and paid for by the dealer and installed at their discreation. Plus the fact that Im Officially sponsered by the dealership!
Old 05-09-2006, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well, they bought the S/C then installed it. My financing documents called it "Dealer Installed Forced Induction". This way it "was" in compliance as the item was bought and paid for by the dealer and installed at their discreation. Plus the fact that Im Officially sponsered by the dealership!

There is a way to justify anything. It's hard for dealerships, management, and salespeople to say no to adding accessories that can make them money. We have rules and guidelines that we need to follow. The more you talk about it the more you get all dealerships in trouble.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ScionDM is right they can lose 30% of their allocation. Meaning they'll lose cars. It doesn't effect you though so it is what it is. As far as an outside lender goes it they will finance the S/C then cool. Basically in that case you're just bringing in a check to the dealership so they can't stop you from having the S/C installed. Toyota financial has said they won't finance the S/C but we all know that so if you got it done through them then you're lucky. Now if you get financing at the dealership through another company you could get away with that.

One thing I know you can't do isget back and add it to the deal unless you want to re-fi the whole thing. Usually it isn't worth it.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well that was one of the reasons I got it done that way because I turned around and got it refinanced with my credit union before the first payment so, it wasn't a big issue for Toyota since they got their money! :D
Old 05-11-2006, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member

I financed with Chase Mastercard!!! I even get one month interest free!! Of course the interest rate is 18%...
Old 05-11-2006, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SuperDuperScion
I financed with Chase Mastercard!!! I even get one month interest free!! Of course the interest rate is 18%...
18%
Old 05-11-2006, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ryno379
Originally Posted by SuperDuperScion
18%