Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Who would be interested in a group buy on the TN kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member

Default Who would be interested in a group buy on the TN kit?

How many people would be interested in joining a group buy for the new Turbonetics Turbo kit for the TC? For more information on the kit log on to http://www.turboneticsinc.com/

The kit is expected to be shipping by the end of the month, so we will need the pre order in fast if anyone in interested. The retail pricing is set at $5595.
The group buy we could offer the kit at 15% off retail for $4755 shipped within the US! I would need a minimum of 3 orders to reach this rate, the more orders we get the better pricing we could extend..
Old 01-19-2006, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Who would be interested in a group buy on the TN kit?

Originally Posted by MRCMotorsports
How many people would be interested in joining a group buy for the new Turbonetics Turbo kit for the TC? For more information on the kit log on to http://www.turboneticsinc.com/

The kit is expected to be shipping by the end of the month, so we will need the pre order in fast if anyone in interested. The retail pricing is set at $5595.
The group buy we could offer the kit at 15% off retail for $4755 shipped within the US! I would need a minimum of 3 orders to reach this rate, the more orders we get the better pricing we could extend..
Julian nice to see you on these boards... To all if you need an install in NJ MRC is the shop to go to...They have a VERY good rep in the 350Z and other communities..
Old 01-20-2006, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Who would be interested in a group buy on the TN kit?

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA

Julian nice to see you on these boards... To all if you need an install in NJ MRC is the shop to go to...They have a VERY good rep in the 350Z and other communities..
Thanks Mia! Were trying to get our foot in the door with TN, we just spoke to Trent(is that correct?) today on the phone and he is willing to help us out in getting set up...Hopefully we could get some Scion Owners equiped with a single turbo set up in NJ and make a name for ourselves here!!Its a fun little car..
Old 01-20-2006, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I spoke with a local Turbonetics vendor here who mainly does Nissan parts but has moved into the Scion arena as of late and sold a few of these kit (pre-order of course). His price as of right now is $4300+shipping (typically about $100 but maybe less) They are not listed on his webpage now but you can reach him at 1-866-55-MOSSY Ask for Greg Vogel or Idalia
http://www.mossyperformance.com/product/?id=5080

What happend to that price range... damn guess ill have to wait..

Maybe a group buy for under $4000?
Old 01-20-2006, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by zer0
I spoke with a local Turbonetics vendor here who mainly does Nissan parts but has moved into the Scion arena as of late and sold a few of these kit (pre-order of course). His price as of right now is $4300+shipping (typically about $100 but maybe less) They are not listed on his webpage now but you can reach him at 1-866-55-MOSSY Ask for Greg Vogel or Idalia

See why I have not bought into Turbonetic yet??That is complete BS..
Old 01-20-2006, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMHO there are many companies making Turbo kits for the tC, pricing is key. ZPI and Dezod are gonna be hard to beat.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not sure what you mean..that link shows the kit being sold for $4285 shipped...thats less then what I thought it would be...
Old 01-20-2006, 06:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is about to change Julian. Turbonetics has just implemented MAP for everything. There are other vendors advertising for the same price but like I said that is all going away next week. Turbonetics MAP plan is in effect as of next Monday so you can expect some changes very soon..,
Old 01-20-2006, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member

That is about to change Julian. Turbonetics has just implemented MAP for everything. There are other vendors advertising for the same price but like I said that is all going away next week. Turbonetics MAP plan is in effect as of next Monday so you can expect some changes very soon..,
Wel thats all fine and good, but it is being advetised for much less at Mossy Nissan, thats below my cost..And you yourself are directing people there from the quote posted above..So why would I even attempt to compete with this, cause no matter what the MAP is these guys will still sell it for less..With stuff like this there is no point in me even trying to get involved with TN, I might as well but it from Mossy at retail for less than my cost straight from TN...This is one thing that I liked about APS , all their dealers were on the same pricing structure and not allowed to discount.This really protected the integrity and did not allow for their product to be whored out all over the place.
Mia I am not sure of your role with TN but from your involvement onthe boards, you must work for them..Perhaps you could shed some light on this situation a bit more..But as of right now what I am reading quoted from you, directing people towards Mossy, then telling me TN will be changing their MAP pricing, is in the least, contradicting of what I expected..
Old 01-20-2006, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wel thats all fine and good, but it is being advetised for much less at Mossy Nissan, thats below my cost..And you yourself are directing people there from the quote posted above..So why would I even attempt to compete with this, cause no matter what the MAP is these guys will still sell it for less..With stuff like this there is no point in me even trying to get involved with TN, I might as well but it from Mossy at retail for less than my cost straight from TN...This is one thing that I liked about APS , all their dealers were on the same pricing structure and not allowed to discount.This really protected the integrity and did not allow for their product to be whored out all over the place.
Mia I am not sure of your role with TN but from your involvement onthe boards, you must work for them..Perhaps you could shed some light on this situation a bit more..But as of right now what I am reading quoted from you, directing people towards Mossy, then telling me TN will be changing their MAP pricing, is in the least, contradicting of what I expected..
First off I think we should go PM with this...secondly I directed them there because at the time I didn't know of any other vendors who were carrying this kit. You did not post here until this week. I posted that a LONG time ago..I believe I even directed people to you IN THIS THREAD. If I know a vendor and know they have a good rep I'll send people there way. Until yesterday I never saw you on here and the only other vendor here that I knew well was MOssy. Sorry bro...
Old 01-20-2006, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am highly interested in the turbonetics kit, but was suspecting to pay 4k for it. Give or take $200. I'm ready to buy but confused with all this talk. Let me know whats going on because I have a friend who wants one now as well. Let me know. Two buyers right here!
Old 01-20-2006, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by donscion
i am highly interested in the turbonetics kit, but was suspecting to pay 4k for it. Give or take $200. I'm ready to buy but confused with all this talk. Let me know whats going on because I have a friend who wants one now as well. Let me know. Two buyers right here!
No worries bro...this is just dealer talk. It will be kept to PMs from here on out on my part. As for purchasing a Tc kit you should contact one of the three great vendors on this board and see what kind of pricing they can offer. MRC Motorsports, Mossy Performance, or turbo-kits.com. MRC is local to you and will be able to not only sell you the kit but install it and provide support for you should any issue arise..
Old 01-20-2006, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

3, all depending on the price...