Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

06 tC Weird airbag problem

Old 05-12-2019, 05:41 AM
SL Member

Default 06 tC Weird airbag problem

Hey everyone just joined. I just bought a 2006 tC. I installed a new head unit., Using the proper harnesses and soldered and shrink wrapped all connections. when I reconnected the battery I didn’t have the climate control plugged in and it threw the airbag light. I have a scan tool that does SrS codes. I then scanned the car and it gave me code b1900 short in lh (drivers side squib circuit). I erased the code and the airbag light shut off, But then when I turned the car back on the light came right back. I scanned it again erased the code again same thing light comes back on and stays on when you start the car. I also unplugged and checked the connectors under the drivers seat and reseated them and checked the fuse for srs and they are all fine. Light is still on. The car never had an airbag light before this happened. I also tried the paper clip trick to erase the codes but that doesn’t seem to work either or I’m just doing it wrong. When I used the paper clip I got code 73. I do have an appointment at my local dealer Monday but I figure to ask you guys to see if I can get some help. I’d rather spend my money on other things than just hand it over to a dealership especially since I’m pretty good at fixing my own cars.

Last edited by Briang77; 05-12-2019 at 06:02 AM.