Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

anyone used Patterntek for interior painting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default anyone used Patterntek for interior painting?

just curious about their quality and turn around time?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i know davedavetc has the interior from them in woodgrain

but if u want ur interior painted im actually doing painting jobs here in NYC u can ship me ur parts and all u have to pay for is shipping and paint i wont even charge u to do it.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That Douche davedavetc has it....
Old 09-11-2008, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I've seen work from them and have not listen to anything but good things from them!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TeeCizzle
That Douche davedavetc has it....
Wow this is why this site is going to the gutter! Could just have said " DavedavetC has works done by them ask him..." and thats it. Even if you had your problems with him the OP didn't ask who had it and if the guy was a douche! you just demonstrated how imature you are and you being 29 is truly sad!

Old 09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I think he was doing it in jest as an expression of his envy just to poke at davedave a little.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

thats teh second time today ive read the word douche on SL.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Fresh Crew
SL Member

ya im pretty sure that there was no foul play going on. good be wrong tho.

otherwise...where in Queens are you? i come home every once and while (Yonkers) so i may ask for some help sometime if thats cool.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

^ yeah no problem i can help with that. im in valleystream/queens border
Old 09-11-2008, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

e've seen and heard pretty good stuff about them...
Old 09-11-2008, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I've seen it in person as well. Very impressive and durable.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also had them paint my interior...they do great work...
Old 09-11-2008, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by trdtcpr
Wow this is why this site is going to the gutter!
It's way past the gutter bro and in the bowels of Hell!

Just PM davedavetc about Patterntek. I'm sure he would be more than happy to tell you about their work.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Big_Jim
thats teh second time today ive read the word douche on ScionLife.
3rd.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The quality is very high and the turn around time is about 3 to 4 weeks but it is worth the wait. i think that i may have the most done. by them on this site. i had all my stuff done in 3 differnt shipments, and every part is looks the same and has the same quality. i have dont parts in the engine bay,whole interior trim kit , and i have even done the inserts for my wheels.....pm me if you want more info or contact davedavetc or the best is to contact paul and even check out the website
Old 09-11-2008, 11:40 PM
SL Member

Not to jack this or anything but what's their pricing like?
Old 09-11-2008, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

Originally Posted by elpolloblanco009
Not to jack this or anything but that's their pricing like?
x2
Old 09-12-2008, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="elpolloblanco009"]Not to jack this or anything but what's their pricing like

you have to ask paul...it depends on what your painting and other variables. but its worth every penny.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Scion XB and TC parts dipped in PatternTek or OEM paint code matched.
Upgrade your stock dash kit with a New PatternTek replacment dash kit available now!

Yes, the standard factory dash kit looks nice in your Scion. With its contemporary look and nondescript silver color, it meekly blends with the interior of your and every Scion that rolls off the lot. That’s right. Just like every Scion that rolls off the lot. That’s why you need an OEM replacment PatternTek Scion dash kit. Adding a punch of color and pattern to the interior of your Scion XB or TC isn’t the only cosmetic upgrade you can do. It gives you more opportunity by allowing you to match accesories and parts to make your Scion your perfect ride. The Scion OEM paint matched or PatternTek kit for the TC and XB is the perfect New way for a vehicle to be anything but another copy of every other car that’s driving on the road today. PatternTek gives you the power to break away from the crowd by using your imagination. Now you have a choice! We offer many Colors and Patterns to give your dash and aftermarket accesories a unique look, allowing you to create a theme that classes up your Scion. Sure, a Scion envy green snakeskin or OEM paint matched Lava red Dash kit won’t change the world. But a PatternTek Scion color matched Dash Kit with accessories will change how you look at your XB or TC.

The PatternTek process explained...

We first start by sanding the part in question till its smooth. Next we base coat prime, base coat paint, chemical prep, *dip, wash, dry, clear coat, wet sand, polish, bubble wrap and mail.

*Sure but how do you get the ink pattern on the part, Is the ink pattern vynil, paint or what?

None of the above... The pattern itself, whatever the pattern may be (straight-grain wood, marble, snakeskin, burl wood, carbon fiber, or brushed aluminum) is printed on a thin, water-soluble film. We cut a piece of the film that will be big enough to envelope the part in question, then lay the film on the surface of water floating in a specialized current controlled stainless steel tank. An ink release prep chemical is sprayed on the film that dissolves the film, leaving just the ink pattern floating on the surface of the water. Then the part is dipped in the water slowly, and it picks up the pattern, much like an Easter egg and permanantly becomes the surfaces new look. The last few steps include spraying 3 coats of high gloss clear coat on the part to give it depth and shine... after that we wet sand, polish, bubble wrap and mail. When its all said and done, you are left with a part that looks like it came from the factory in a wood grain, carbon fiber, or whatever finish you choose. No appreciable thickness is added to the part. There is no film to peel off. Did you know this is the same process used by the OEM's like Ford, GM and Toyota right now to achieve the wood grain and carbon fiber finishes in their vehicles. In fact, since its the same process we can match pretty much any make and model vehicle interior.

Procedure / How to get your kit...
Since we have OEM Core Dash kits in stock all you need to do is pay for the kit and core charge. We then prepare and dip one of the kits we have in stock then ship to you. That is when you install our kit and return your OEM core kit to us for full refund of the core charge. This enables you to not be without your parts for any amount of time. If we do not have the core part in stock yet, such as grab handles or pillars, just ship those parts from your car and you'll have them back in 15 - 20 business days perfectly matched to the exsisting core kit you have or are buying. If you mail in parts, please remove any and all extra pieces that you do not want dipped in water or in the pattern you have chosen. These parts include, Electronics, HVAC units, labels for functions, lighter housings, ash trays ect. We are not responsible for lost loose items that had to be removed to prep and dip your parts.

Kit & what it includes / core parts we have in stock:

Remember, if you want to leave off some parts, it will bring down the price. And the core charge as well goes down because Im shipping you less core parts.

Tc Kit $329.00 plus tax ...includes : (Paint Match with no Pattern $309 plus tax)
1 Center Dash (Either just the silver edges dipped or the whole dash, same price)
2 lower dash legs
1 Radio Door
2 Door side panels
1 HVAC Center ****
2 Steering wheel control caps (currently not inventoried parts but is part of kit cost...Please send back to us along with OEM parts and we will mail these back to you within 10 business days for free)

Or if you wanted to start with less of a kit, send us your parts...
For Example... Tc speedo surround and 2 switch plates will run $140

XB Kit $329.00 plus tax ...includes :
(Paint Match with no Pattern $309 plus tax)
1 Center Dash (Either just the silver edges dipped or the whole dash, same price)
1 Shifter Bezel Ring
2 Front Window switch plates
2 Rear window switch plates (currently not inventoried parts but is part of kit cost...Please send back to us along with OEM parts and we will mail these back to you within 10 business days for free)

For an extra $10 >> We will dip the steering wheel control plate covers and the ***** on the dash to match your kit. (currently not inventoried parts...Please send back to us along with OEM parts and we will mail these back to you within 10 business days)

For an extra $79 >> OEM Speedstar Scion Shift ***** to match your dash kit. Or, we will buy the shift **** of your choice and dip that particular one to match your kit.

We accept check, money order and Pay Pal.

Want to do Parts we do not currently have in stock... :
If you want to do your OEM non painted pillars, grab handles or any other parts we do not currently carry, you would only have to be without them for 10-15 business days and that is a true amount of time you'd be without them, no longer.

**If the parts you're sending have been painted or enhanced in any coating that will force us to strip the parts, it may take longer to complete.

***Extra fee may be incurred for excess multiple parts already painted or coated by you that are sent to us for Patterntek dipping or OEM paint mathced.

Parts to match your kit and Prices, soon to be available to the public :
Grab Handles
Speedometer
Engine Covers
Pillars
Pillar Guage Pods and more......

Core Charge :
Core charge is $175, unless local to South Florida. The core charge is fully refundable see below.

PatternTek Core Exchange Policy

As a courtesy to our customers, King Pin Enterprises Inc has purchased certain models of cores for your convenience. In order for this program to benefit our customers we must ask that the cores be received within 2 weeks of the date shipped, otherwise full credit will not be issued according to the date the core is received back as illustrated below.

Amount of credit issued if core is received back within:

2 weeks >> full credit
3 weeks >> 50% of credit
4 weeks >> core return no longer accepted
Also, the core being returned must be in original factory condition. If there have been any holes drilled for alarm systems, cell phone holders or any modifications to the dash, full credit will not be issued.

Shipping cost :
We cover the cost of shipping the parts to you... Returning the OEM parts to us in regards to Shipping cost shouldnt be bad at all. I can tell you ground shipment is the way to go and also using the US post office helps save money as well opposed to UPS or Fed ex.

By owning a PatternTek core kit, you open the door to adding just about any other plastic part in your car when you decide to. Since Patterntek is UV stable and fade proof, future parts dipped in the PatternTek process will match your exsisting dash kit, like you bought all your parts at the same time.