Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

JaxtCRacer's Competition Audio Build (COMPLETED W/ VIDEO!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i spl myself last time i was at a comp i metered at a 148.7 im trying to get to 150, thats my initial goal in my tc
Old 06-24-2008, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

with what
Old 06-25-2008, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it all looks good.

i think you're pushing that sub to far though. it might be the vid but it sounded to me like a little bottoming out on that low note.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by trialsindude
with what
2 12' re se's on a us amps md-2d
Old 06-25-2008, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Tcguy85
it all looks good.

i think you're pushing that sub to far though. it might be the vid but it sounded to me like a little bottoming out on that low note.
i gave matt a heads up on it....it's folding up a lil bit

besides that, looks great matt!
Old 06-25-2008, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice setup man. I'm surprised you didn't go about the install yourself, it's relatively easy, but I do lovvvve the sub enclosure. Next step: Upgrade that Panasonic HU to an 800PRS, 9887, 7200mkII, or similar and go active.

I wish I had a decent camcorder to do a showcase of my system
Old 06-25-2008, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by kidwolf908
Nice setup man. I'm surprised you didn't go about the install yourself, it's relatively easy, but I do lovvvve the sub enclosure. Next step: Upgrade that Panasonic HU to an 800PRS, 9887, 7200mkII, or similar and go active.

thanks man!

well i would have done the wiring and such myself but let's just say that rollin' sound of jacksonville gave me an offer i couldnt refuse since they were already building my enclosure and rear false floor for me.

i will be looking to upgrade the HU at some point in the future... also on the agenda is a quality capacitor (despite what some people say, i've witnessed it make a real difference when the bass is cranking) and a nice alarm system to protect everything haha
Old 06-25-2008, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ACiDTc
i spl myself last time i was at a comp i metered at a 148.7 im trying to get to 150, thats my initial goal in my tc
i have an SPL meter i'm going to pull out one of these days
Old 06-25-2008, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

p.s.- that vid was made with my digital camera
Old 06-25-2008, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're damn right man, I need to invest in an alarm system when I get the cash. Regarding the capacitor though, I'd just upgrade to a Kinetik power cell or Deka Intimidator. I've heard a lot of back and forth on whether the capacitor is really effective.

However, you're running about what? 1300-1500RMS? The stock electrical system (including battery) can easily handle up to about 1200 watts. A simple battery upgrade to one of the previously mentioned will take care of any dimming or electrical issues you have.

EDIT: Nice job on the video editing and all man! I might have to see if I can use my digicam to do it... if not I'm sure my enV could suffice
Old 06-25-2008, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You're damn right man, I need to invest in an alarm system when I get the cash. Regarding the capacitor though, I'd just upgrade to a Kinetik power cell or Deka Intimidator. I've heard a lot of back and forth on whether the capacitor is really effective.

However, you're running about what? 1300-1500RMS? The stock electrical system (including battery) can easily handle up to about 1200 watts. A simple battery upgrade to one of the previously mentioned will take care of any dimming or electrical issues you have.

EDIT: Nice job on the video editing and all man! I might have to see if I can use my digicam to do it... if not I'm sure my enV could suffice
yeah the capacitor is still up in the air; i've personally witnessed a before and after from a guy at the shop my stuff was installed at who had his voltage spikes fixed by a cap. it's a hit or miss.

in regards to my system's total power, it's running 1600RMS; i'll have to look into those batteries

and yeah definitely use your digicam haha i have an enV as well and there's no way it'll handle it.. that editing job took me about 20 minutes; i wanted to get it done as quick as possible just to get the video uploaded. let me know if you need help with editing too!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
yeah the capacitor is still up in the air; i've personally witnessed a before and after from a guy at the shop my stuff was installed at who had his voltage spikes fixed by a cap. it's a hit or miss.

in regards to my system's total power, it's running 1600RMS; i'll have to look into those batteries

and yeah definitely use your digicam haha i have an enV as well and there's no way it'll handle it.. that editing job took me about 20 minutes; i wanted to get it done as quick as possible just to get the video uploaded. let me know if you need help with editing too!
Hey thanks man Yea I'm only running 900wRMS and I don't have any electrical/dimming issues at all, but you're almost double, so a new battery or cap or high output alternator would be beneficial. Let me know when you go active, if you do. I'd like to know what head unit you go for. I love my 7200mkII, but I don't have the cash for a 4.150 yet so I'm stuck passive for now
Old 06-25-2008, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

damn i used to get dimming on about 600w lol.

matt a capacitor is basically a bandaid...it wont take care of the issue...it will just hide it. i would recommend a small secondary battery (a Kinetik HC600 is one popular option....there are many others though)

While on the electrical topic....is there anyone else who would be interested in 250A H/O alts? im gonna approach ohio generator about this and see if they can help out. i need a new alt badly.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Depending on the price I could be Exige.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer

Hey thanks man Yea I'm only running 900wRMS and I don't have any electrical/dimming issues at all, but you're almost double, so a new battery or cap or high output alternator would be beneficial. Let me know when you go active, if you do. I'd like to know what head unit you go for. I love my 7200mkII, but I don't have the cash for a 4.150 yet so I'm stuck passive for now
I'm running the Sundown SAZ1500 and a ZAPCO DC1000.4, over 2k watts in power with no dimming... Voltage will drop down to 13.0 running full tilt. If doing test tones for burp, well that's a different story. This is with all stock electrical.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Originally Posted by ACiDTc
with what
2 12' re se's on a us amps md-2d
TL mic, sealed up legal?
Old 06-25-2008, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm running the Sundown SAZ1500 and a ZAPCO DC1000.4, over 2k watts in power with no dimming... Voltage will drop down to 13.0 running full tilt. If doing test tones for burp, well that's a different story. This is with all stock electrical.
you're running over 2,000 watts RMS and getting zero dimming on the stock electrical system? haha you must have gotten a freak from the factory or something.. that's crazy.. did you do the big 3 wiring upgrade or anything?