Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

steering wheel audio controls need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 08:28 PM

Default steering wheel audio controls need help asap

hii i just got a 2005 tc and i found out that i dont have the audio controls.... i am sooooo sad becase i am from panama in central america and i ordered this car from usa we dont have scion dealerships in panama... and i will love 2 know if someone is willing to sell me a 2006 with airbags steering wheel with the audio controls of to exchangeit with mine that doesn't have.... i need this like realy quick because i am about to get crazy without my audio controls...
i know that i can trasnform it also but since in panama there is no dealership for this car no one does mayor changes to it so no one is like realy experts on thier functionings..
Old 01-04-2011, 10:02 PM

I have the buttons and bezels for sale, but the steering wheel and airbag are gone. I did keep the harnesses though. Not sure if a non-audio control steering wheel has the wiring in it or not. PM me if you're interested.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:37 PM

i am realy going to need the entire steering wheel because i can't modify mine here in panama there is no one that does that!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:59 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

even with the steering wheel, you do NOT have the other wiring harnesses inside the car to even hook it up.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:02 PM

i know i need the wiring i'll buy them 2!!!! but its more important for me to get the steering wheel first because its the hardest to find and the most expensive thing that i need.....
Old 01-05-2011, 08:22 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

you can't really buy the other wiring that easily...
Old 01-06-2011, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am fairly certain that the stock radio in the 2005 does not support the steering wheel controls. I have a 2006 tC and a 2005 tC that I switched the radio out because the 2006 is a much nicer radio. Along with the radios I took the armrest compartment that had the extra connectors in it (AUX, iPod, AV) as well. The wiring that scion did in my opinion is weird, one of the connectors to the back of the radio splits and goes to the steering wheel and down to the iPod connector in the arm rest compartment. Its a weird set up, but you don't have to use the cables to the iPod jack and it will still work.

All that to say if you want to use the steering wheel controls your going to have to get an aftermarket radio or the 2006+ Scion Pioneer radio.

P.S. The 2005 radio came with button controls; the 2006 came with **** controls and steering wheel capability.
P.S.S. You can find 2006 steering wheels without air bags for about $120 USD on ebay.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:36 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

the connector that splits goes to the aux and steering wheel controls. the ipod runs a different connector.

in the 08+.. the ipod and aux combine into one harness that runs down towards the armrest and splits again into the aux and ipod ports inside the compartment.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
the connector that splits goes to the aux and steering wheel controls. the ipod runs a different connector.
Right, it was one of those, I couldn't remember exactly, but it could still present a problem unless your willing to cut a few wires. (Splicing is always an option later.)