Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Stereo System and Power Windows Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 01:48 AM

Default Stereo System and Power Windows Issue

Hello all,

I've been having these weird issues with my 2007 tc. This whole thing started when my driver side rear view mirror got broken and I had to replace it. I opened the side panel and disconnected the power windows switch to fix the door as well, it was damaged.

After I replaced the mirror and the door and plugged everything back in, the switch to adjust the mirrors worked fine. the switch to roll the windows down worked for that specific side but the switch for passenger side on the driver side stopped functioning. I cannot roll the passenger side up and down anymore (no it is not locked).

My stereo system is all messed up too. When I have my ipod plugged in via auxiliary and listening to it, it automatically switches back to radio, when i press AUX again it switches back to radio again after couple second. I repeat pressing AUX couple times till it eventually stays on it, but again couple hours later does the same thing.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and how did you go about fixing it?

thanks
Old 07-13-2013, 03:18 AM

also will the tires with size 225/40-18 fit my stock 2007 scion tc rims? looking into continental dws tires.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

issue with the pass window not going down when you hit the button on the driverside happened when you disconnected the switch. all you have to do is press and hold the window switch down on the pass side for about 10 sec and it will reactivate the driver side switch..

as far as the stereo issue, im not sure whats going on there. sounds like its the radio itself acting up. may be time to go aftermarket, or you can just completely disconnect the sterio then reconnect it and see if that helps.. reboot the stereo..
Old 07-22-2013, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by tCjosh
issue with the pass window not going down when you hit the button on the driverside happened when you disconnected the switch. all you have to do is press and hold the window switch down on the pass side for about 10 sec and it will reactivate the driver side switch..

as far as the stereo issue, im not sure whats going on there. sounds like its the radio itself acting up. may be time to go aftermarket, or you can just completely disconnect the sterio then reconnect it and see if that helps.. reboot the stereo..
thank you, will try it and report in.