Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Sub And AMP problem.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Sub And AMP problem.

Ok im a complete newb when it comes to wiring anything.. So i decided to ask my friend to help me wire.. The dude tried wiring my sub and took forever and finally he got it.. but today.. my 4 channel amp stopped working and front and rear speakers too.

What I got... 4 Channel Amp with front component and rear component without the tweeters in the back. Theyre Infinity Kappa. Now i just got Alpine type-x 12' sub w/box and the 1000w rms amp alpine has.. How he wired it: My radio has some rca things that say front speakers, rear speakers, and subwoofer.. So we ran rca cables from the radio to the amp.. For front and rear.. We got one power wire runnin from battery to the back into the 4 channel amp. How he did it was ran another power cable from battery for the alpine sub amp for the sub... It worked and I was playin the music for 3 days.. and all of a sudden the sounds stopped workin, however the sub works fine.. GUys know whats wrong? I checked the fuses on the amp.. ANd when i turn on car the amp doesnt light up.. SHould i check to see if its the power cable going into it?? like plug that wire into sub amp see if it works? Im completely lost and i cant afford to go get it done professionally right now.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does your radio turn on? If so do the amps light up? If not the remote wire to your amps may have gotten disconnected. Look for a blue wire coming off your deck. That needs to run to your remote turn on for your amps. Other then that I am not sure unless it is a power wire issue. Good luck.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd say check the remote turn on leads and the ground wires on your amps. Did you splice the remote turn-on wire at any point? If so, I'd check to make sure the connection is solid. You might also want to check and see which of the turn on wires was used coming out from the deck. Usually there's one for an amp, and one for the power antenna. I've had experience in the past with the power antenna turn-on being intermittent. Hope that helps.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:38 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

You don't need to waste money on a "professional". If it was working fine for a few days then that means it was hooked up correctly. Something has come disconnected somewhere. Check all your connections and then check them again. When you find the problem make sure you connect it better so it doesn't happen again!
Old 09-13-2006, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you check the fuse next to the battery, assuming you have one.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:00 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Start at the battery where the amps are connected. It is possible that your friend installed a fuse inline and that fuse has blown. Also, you might check and see how he has the remote wire connected to the two amps. This wire tells the amps to turn on whenever the headunit is activated. Ordinarily, this wire is Blue w/ a white stripe at the headunit. It is possible that this wire may have come loose for that amp and is just not sending it signal to turn on. You also may need to follow the ground wire from the amp in question to ensure it is connected to ground properly. It should be grounded at the same location as the sub's amp.
MOST IMPORTANTLY... Do not troubleshoot your stereo with it on!!! Have the car off when you are checking your connections.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thx u all im gonna go check em now.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay, the Remote wire for the sub amp is plugged together with the remote wire on the component amp. So i guess it cant be the remote thing right..
Old 09-17-2006, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay, i found it like someone said here, that there is a fuse in the front where power cable is connected to the battery.. The way they conencted it was so stealth i didnt even notice the little fuse box.. Thx u... damn little fuse had me with no sounds for 4 days lol