0%
Scrap her?
91.30%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Another reason why I hate cops

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 07:05 PM
SL Member

Someone mentioned the dash cam thing however in most police vehicles the cams are only activated once they initiate their lights, atleast thats how the ones I have seen have and been told by family in law enforcement so there is a easy way to tell...

Fight it
Old 07-05-2009, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154

Honestly if they cop didn't have his lights on, I don't see how they could say it was your fault... THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE LIGHTS.
http://www.kyw1060.com/pages/4557517.php?
NJ state trooper killed 2 sisters when he didn't have his lights on. He was found not guilty.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:21 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by pioneer1976
sorry to here about that, but i think your screwed. All for the fact you were turning left. Failer to yeild on a left hand turn will screw you all the time, doesnt matter if the person was cop or not they could be doing way over speed limit and it still would be your fault. I hope something works out for yah but it looks totalled.
I think he did yield... but the cop took him from behind... ( ). It appears the cop was in the other lane trying to get around on the outside and then hit him in the driver's rear.

Honestly if they cop didn't have his lights on, I don't see how they could say it was your fault... THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE LIGHTS.
EXACTLY!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:28 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by AAG
If you had full coverage I HIGHLY recommend you using it. Pay your deductible (if the vehicle is totaled it'll be deducted from your settlement), and let your insurance company go after them for reimbursement.

Trying to deal with a government agency with an accident and getting paid is the Biggest pain the butt (I know I deal with it on a daily basis at work).
No full coverage no way could I afford it. Insurance company said they couldnt pay anything for me with the coverage I have which sucks! I know for a fact they wasnt chasing a car cause I was going north on that road and hadnt passed a car in forever, turned and started heading back south and then got hit after that. I got a lawyer which said its clearly his fault just dealing with the cops will be a pita. Hopefully I get another or mine fixed atleast!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:29 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by GammaTNT

http://www.kyw1060.com/pages/4557517.php?
NJ state trooper killed 2 sisters when he didn't have his lights on. He was found not guilty.
Now thats BS!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by silver_bullet05
Originally Posted by AAG
If you had full coverage I HIGHLY recommend you using it. Pay your deductible (if the vehicle is totaled it'll be deducted from your settlement), and let your insurance company go after them for reimbursement.

Trying to deal with a government agency with an accident and getting paid is the Biggest pain the butt (I know I deal with it on a daily basis at work).
No full coverage no way could I afford it. Insurance company said they couldnt pay anything for me with the coverage I have which sucks! I know for a fact they wasnt chasing a car cause I was going north on that road and hadnt passed a car in forever, turned and started heading back south and then got hit after that. I got a lawyer which said its clearly his fault just dealing with the cops will be a pita. Hopefully I get another or mine fixed atleast!
It will be a LONG fight it will take a while for you to get reimbursed. Was it a young cop or a old cop. Make sure you get reimbursed for lawyer fees, hospital visits, rental car, etc everything
Old 07-05-2009, 10:00 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

add a new poll selection, buy a new car and fight the case!
Old 07-05-2009, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by AAG

hope your car is paid in full or you got a whole new ball of problems coming your way.....always carry full insurance........and question is did you pull out in front of the cop.....if so you are at fault no matter how fast he was going.......good luck man.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats messed up, im sorry to hear that...i say try to fight it or just get a new tc because it might cost a lot to fix that
Old 07-06-2009, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

yeah... that is definitely not your fault...
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Originally Posted by AAG

hope your car is paid in full or you got a whole new ball of problems coming your way.....always carry full insurance........and question is did you pull out in front of the cop.....if so you are at fault no matter how fast he was going.......good luck man.
paid cash I had save up for it. No, I didnt pull out in front of him. 2 lane road, turned left, he went in other lane and hit me like he was trying to pass or something.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

duuude ____ the police. no seriously that is ____ed up, but hey dude seriously I could use alot of parts on your car. im gonna pm you.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Reason why I hate NYS Troopers? Where do you live at man?
Old 07-13-2009, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by juzlookzfazt
Court! Also.."cops" isn't a single entity. What you probably meant to say was "Another reason I hate careless jerks who become cops." No need to bash on cops in general as if they all deserve it.
Good Point
Old 07-13-2009, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

fight it...and see if he had his camera on to prove he was in a chase.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Were you tuning on to another road? I so it should have been a no passing zone. He madea an illegal maneuver. Looking at your picture I see double lines in the center of the road. Again no passing zone. If his lights are on he may have some right to pass in a no passing zone but without them. I don't think he has a leg to stand on. Were you ticketed for a violation? If so don't pay it and go to court. Talk to your insurance. They may provide legal cousel for you.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Sorry to hear that man, yea some officers can be ___ holes! Some... Haha, I am in the academy right now and I have met quite a few of them all ready just from being pulled over before and from meeting them in the academy.

But yea I would scrap it out and sell the good parts that car is gone!