Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Car Color

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member

Default Car Color

Hey everybody! I've been reading this forum for a while now, and I've decided to go with the tC as my next car. I've just been having trouble with the color. I can't decide between the indigo ink, and the black cherry pearl. What's the consensus here about those two colors? Thanks.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hey wolf,
Have you seen both colors in person? If not, I would recommend trying to check them both out and see which grabs you more. Maybe one color suits your personality more? They are both great colors, they were my top two choices and I went with the BCP. I love it but I'm sure I would love the IIP too if I had gone with that. Hope this helps. -Jayme
Old 09-24-2004, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

I agree. You must see the color in person to appreciate it. Based on the www.scion.com website, I selected Silver Steak Mica. I purchased the car sight unseen. When I went to pick it up at the dealership, they had a Black Cherry Pearl tC on the lot. In person, BCP is an awesome color, much nicer than I think it appears on the Scion website. So I started questioning myself if I selected the right color for my car. After a few weeks with my new car, I am totally happy with the SSM. Good luck.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yes, you must see them in person to appreciate the color. Since the tC is so hard to find anyway, why not look at the paint on an Indigo Ink Pearl xA and a Black Cherry Pearl xB? (I think BCP is available on the xA, but I like the look of the BCP xB ) You will be able to see the depth of the colors, and then imagine what it would look like on a tC. There are lots of pictures of IIP and BCP tCs everywhere, but you have to see the color in person. Both are beautiful, but I chose Indigo Ink Pearl...I've always wanted a blue car. =) If it wouldn't have been a tC, it would have been a Celica in Spectra Blue Mica.

- Desi
Old 09-24-2004, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's all personal preference, of course. I saw both of those colors in person, and they both looked great. The Indigo Ink seemed to shine more. In my opinion (and I know this might be crazy) Indigo Ink is more of a guys color and the Black Cherry would appeal more to women. Obviously plenty of men own the Black Cherry and vice versa, but that's just my thinking.

I saw all of the colors (except black and white) in person, and I still went with silver. It was the first color I saw the tC in, and I fell in love with it, so I didn't want to second guess myself and go with another color when I knew I loved the silver already.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i have flint mica. its definitely the best color i've seen. i cant take my eyes off it