Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Demon Eyes for the scion TC by Umnitza Inc?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KevinxB
Originally Posted by hawkeye
Originally Posted by KevinxB
Originally Posted by iowagary
No - with an HID setup (a real one), you have a round projector inside the headlight housing....
Uh huh...so what do you call the lighting upgrades that are available on the Pruis, Sienna, ES330, Mini Cooper, Altima, G35 Accord and many other cars without projectors? "Fake" HID?

The type of reflector has nothing to do with whether or not a lighting system is HID.
It has everything to do with whether or not it is HID. HID reflectors are completely different than halogen reflectors.
How did I know that you would have something to say about this?

When did I ever say anything about halogen? I was talking about cars that are available with HID from the factory. Not some ebay kit, or an aftermarket headlight assembly.

Regardless whether or not the factory car has projectors or parabolic reflectors, if you bought it with HID off the new car lot, chances are nearly 100% that the light source is DOT-legal High Intensity Discharge. Simple as that. Even if you think it is a less effective way of managing the light, it is still HID. If it isn't, I want you to e-mail Toyota, BMW, Subaru and Nissan and tell them to stop selling "HID" on their projectorless cars.
Sorry I misunderstood.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't mean to jump down your throat, hawkeye. I'm kinda uppity because I have work that I need to be doing, but instead I'm wasting time on SL.

My apologies if I seemed hostile; I know very well that you know your stuff.