2005-2010 [ANT10]

disable seat belt beeping

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default disable seat belt beeping

In case anybody was getting tired of their car beeping while the belt is unbuckled all one has to do is unclip the small little white clip under the drivers seat. There are 2 clips make sure you unclip the smaller of the two, it is also the one closest to the center console.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member

I did that first thing this morning... that beeping is just too much...

the clip under the passanger seat is bigger, but i unclipped that as well to disable the passanger seat one... i assume its just bigger because it also has the weight sensor that tells when somone is sitting there... yeah?
Old 08-24-2004, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't think your passenger will be very happy when his airbag doesn't deploy because your car doesn't think there's anyone sitting there...
Old 08-24-2004, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member

its that feature for the TC only? because my xb does not beeps. the little sign on the dash board blink but does not beeps.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cubito
its that feature for the TC only? because my xb does not beeps. the little sign on the dash board blink but does not beeps.
This 'feature' is on the tC. With the driver's seatbelt not buckled, it will blink/beep when the car is on with the beeping becoming more frequent once you pass 10mph. The passenger will have a small blinking light on the center console if there is weight on the seat without the seatbelt bluckled.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

watch as you forget to buckle up, crash and die
Old 08-24-2004, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Hey i buckle up all the time but when I am trying to back out it is hard to manuver when buckled up and the noise is annoying and distracting. There is no need to disable the passenger side because the car doesnt beep when someone is in the seat unbuckled, and the clip on the drivers side makes the car think it is buckled. But I assume no responsibility for anything that happens to anyone if they do this.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:25 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by lucky
Originally Posted by maybeillcatchfire
some people are ____ing stupid :?
C'mon now, have a little more self-respect.
how true it is
Old 08-24-2004, 06:49 PM
2JZ
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chachunka
Don't think your passenger will be very happy when his airbag doesn't deploy because your car doesn't think there's anyone sitting there...
i agree.

Originally Posted by maybeillcatchfire
some people are ____ing stupid
i also agree. why is the beeping too much? i realize that some people like to drive without the belt. but i'm sure that will change when the first 15mph fender bender you get into sends you bouncing around in your cabin. hasn't happened to me, but i'm not taking that chance... 15mph is all it takes.

the passenger side one is a definite no-no since the airbag won't even deploy as chachunka said.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THAT SAVES MY SANITY, i wear almost all black anyway so no cops ever see if i have a seat belt on or not, and that beeping and blinking light was so anoying
Old 08-25-2004, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks for this post. I will do this tonite. For everyone who doesn't understand why you may want to disable this annoying beeping, think about these scenarios: I live in a condo, and have to pick up my mail around the block from my home. On the way home from work I pull over my car, hop out, grab the mail and hop back in. Because of that beeping I have to buckle up to drive 300 feet on a private road every day. It drives me crazy. And several times I've had to hop into my car just to let someone out of a parking space or to move to a nearby spot myself. Again, I have to buckle up to sit in my car while the other car drives off. This is great news, thanks again!
Old 08-25-2004, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i dunt tink does seat belt sensors activate the airabgs because when you get into an accident, both air bags deploy no matter what... is that not true?!

check photos of car that were in an accident. cuz i dunt believe that seat belt light is for anymore use then it is to tlel the person to buckle up.

if im wrong then hey... questionD better get that line fixed. and if its true... wouldnt it affect the driver too?![/quote]
Old 08-25-2004, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well first off the light for the passenger dosent go off unless there is someone in the seat or a weight of some sort on the seat. And I believe now they are trying to make air bags only deploy if someone is sitting in the seat to save you some money.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ff7raven
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THAT SAVES MY SANITY, i wear almost all black anyway so no cops ever see if i have a seat belt on or not, and that beeping and blinking light was so anoying
if you ever crash without ur seatbelt at speed there wont be any sanity to save... wot a dumbass
Old 08-25-2004, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

wow, u guys flame so much. hes just letting ppl know how to disable the BEEP the car makes, not the whole damn seatbelt. i always make sure to buckle up when im driving but i agree, in certain scenarios the beeping gets really annoying.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

wouldn't it be easier to locate the beeping and disconnect the beeper and not mess with the seat sensors and run the risk of your airbags not deploying. they could not have hidden it too hard that way everything works except the beep is gone
Old 08-25-2004, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jethro b
wouldn't it be easier to locate the beeping and disconnect the beeper and not mess with the seat sensors and run the risk of your airbags not deploying. they could not have hidden it too hard that way everything works except the beep is gone
you can disable the beeping "easily", and without messing wout your airbag sensors. Anyone working for Toyota should be able to get TSB for some other 04 vehicle on how to disable beeping (rav4; prius, maybe even 2005 Corolla should have beepers).

Unfortunatly, by disabling it in a way that person suggested, you might actual disable your airbags - basically airbags on new cars adjust based on your weigth (and that workaround disables that system) and they also might be disabled since system is thinking that nobody is in - I am not so sure about that, but to small kids actual airbag would be damaging so they make sure your airbag does not activate itself unless there is certain amount of weight on the seat.

Plus most accidents happen in city driving, and airbags can save your life or your head.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can see a bunch of future darwin award nominees coming off of this board...

Lets disable the Oil check light next.

I'm not saying this information shouldn't be posted. I'm just marveling at the number of ppl about to go out as disable their seatbelt warning alarm so they can drive beltless. Its not even a good idea to back out with your belt off. It doesn't take very much of a hit to send your forehead bouncing off the windshield.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Umm...why would you NOT buckle up??
:?
Old 08-26-2004, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by sTalking_Goat
I can see a bunch of future darwin award nominees coming off of this board...

Lets disable the Oil check light next.

I'm not saying this information shouldn't be posted. I'm just marveling at the number of ppl about to go out as disable their seatbelt warning alarm so they can drive beltless. Its not even a good idea to back out with your belt off. It doesn't take very much of a hit to send your forehead bouncing off the windshield.
practically totalled my last car doing 40mph hitting some _______ pulling an illegal Uturn over the double yellow infront of a no uturn sign in a school zone.... no lie... the guy was a total idiot

*edit* oh and i had my belt on thank god

Quick Reply: disable seat belt beeping