Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by smurf3642
Umm...why would you NOT buckle up??
:?
Because sometimes you have to get out of your car to move something out of your way before you pull into your parking space/garage.
Because you have to stop your car and get out to get the mail.
Because you might just want to sit in the car and talk or listen to the radio.
Because you are changing your shirt in your car before you go into work.
Because you are stopped in the parking lot and you have to reach into the back seat for something.
Because you pull up to the video store and jump out to return a movie into the night drop.
Because you need to unbuckle your belt to reach up and out of your window to mail letters at the post office.

Shall I continue? The beeping is ANNOYING. And highly unnecessary unless the car is in motion and/or above a certain speed limit. I hope Scion works on this in the future.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i find alot of people in life that are more annoying that a small beep in my car but you dont see me disconnecting them
Old 08-26-2004, 06:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Originally Posted by Dana278
Because sometimes you have to get out of your car to move something out of your way before you pull into your parking space/garage.
Because you are stopped in the parking lot and you have to reach into the back seat for something.
Because you pull up to the video store and jump out to return a movie into the night drop.
Because you need to unbuckle your belt to reach up and out of your window to mail letters at the post office.

Shall I continue? The beeping is ANNOYING. And highly unnecessary unless the car is in motion and/or above a certain speed limit. I hope Scion works on this in the future.
Umm, your points are not totally valid. The beeping that this thread primarily refers to is the beeping that occurs when the car is actually moving. Yes there are a few beeps when you turn on the car, but most cars now have that now and thats not what this refers to. There are only a couple instances where I would think that this disabling is justified, and that would be moving your car a short distance in a totally private area. For me the only time I dont have my belt on is when I'm re-aligning myself in a parking space or in a driveway. For that minute I can deal with the beeps.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

and bingo was his nam-o
Old 08-27-2004, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So sorry for wasting time and space here. Glad I could amuse you, though.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

This is too funny...

If Scion works on "this problem" in the future, it will be to make it harder to disable it. Obviously, the system isn't foolproof... cuz some fools are messing with it!

The idea that you can plan where/ when an accident may happen is laughable... You do realize that's why they are called "accidents" - An unexpected and undesirable event.

Might as well disable the airbags RIGHT NOW, cuz I heard that someone got hurt by one once and that's got to be annoying...

Darwin Award Candidates is right.

(And, for the record, there are people who DON'T think 5% tint is OK)
Old 08-27-2004, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh and FYI, I didn't call it a "problem."
Old 08-27-2004, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
This is too funny...

If Scion works on "this problem" in the future, it will be to make it harder to disable it. Obviously, the system isn't foolproof... cuz some fools are messing with it!

The idea that you can plan where/ when an accident may happen is laughable... You do realize that's why they are called "accidents" - An unexpected and undesirable event.

Might as well disable the airbags RIGHT NOW, cuz I heard that someone got hurt by one once and that's got to be annoying...

Darwin Award Candidates is right.

(And, for the record, there are people who DON'T think 5% tint is OK)
what about 15 or 20%
Old 08-27-2004, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

How about, "Because I don't want to!"?

Is this not a free country? If I choose to be cut in half in an accident, is it not my right? Laws? Poppycock! Rules were meant to be broken! My state does not mandate helmets on motorcycles, so why should they mandate seatbelt usage? My state also requires front license plates. Do I care, NO! It's my car and I'll do what I choose while in it!

Joe
Scinergy IA
Old 08-27-2004, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

what a rebel
Old 12-22-2004, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Originally Posted by phatboy

Is this not a free country? If I choose to be cut in half in an accident, is it not my right? Laws? Poppycock! Rules were meant to be broken! My state does not mandate helmets on motorcycles, so why should they mandate seatbelt usage? My state also requires front license plates. Do I care, NO! It's my car and I'll do what I choose while in it!

Joe
Scinergy IA
That's cutting your nose off to spite your face, but he's got a point. I don't agree with his opinion, but he should have the right to decide his OWN level of personal safety, as long as it doesn't impact ANYONE around him. We should ALL have that right.

LATER

Jon
Old 12-22-2004, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

^^^ as been brought up a little earlier in this thread - his not wearing a seatbelt WILL impact those around him at least on two issues - first - even in a minor accident he will get thrown out of his seat, the car will become uncontrolled and plow into a bunch of 5-year olds. And second - he gets thrown out of his car, bangs his head on the pavement, becomes a turnip and I have to foot his medical bills when his health insurance runs out - it's a free country, but the reason it is a free country is because people follow laws - don't care about laws - go to Russia - I want to see you survive in a country where nobody cares about laws.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Another very good point.

Like I said, I am all for someone taking responsibility with their OWN safety, as long it can't affect those around him. But I am not willing to keep them on life support or watch as they sue Scion because of their idiocy and our litigious legal system.

Decent thread.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also the same people who don't want the protection because it is a "free country" will be the first one to sue if they are in an accident saying that the car company did not ensure some part (ie. seatbelt) was working.

Kevin
Old 12-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Nox
5 Year Member

There are weight sensors in the seats to determine if someone over 50-60lbs is sitting there. if there is someone over this weight sitting there, airbags will deploy. if not airbags do not deploy b/c they could kill a young child (someone under 50-60lbs), or not need to deploy cuz no ones there(lowers insurance b/c bags dont need to be replaced).airbag deployment has nothing to do with the seatbelt clips.

all 05 veh i believe are reuired to have this system
Old 12-22-2004, 07:43 PM
erc
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by phatboy

Joe
Scinergy IA
Uhm, no, it's not a free country.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member

This is all you have to do and you will not de-activate your airbags or have to remove any wires.it works!!!!!
#1 turn on ignition and make sure the odometer is the active not the trip meters.

#2 press the odometer reset button for at least ten seconds.

#3 while holding the reset button plug the safety belt in.

#4 if you did this right the display will now read b-off and if you press the reset switch again it will say b-on.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gotta love all the self-righteous people in these topics who pretend they do nothing which could be construed as unsafe or unhealthy, then they pass judgment on others who want to disable a seatbelt beep.

I love the hypocrisy!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

MY SOLUTION: Turn the Stereo Up and Ignore the BEEP.
As an EMT and a FIREFIGHTER, the number of lives I've seen saved simply by seatbelts being worn are much higher than the injuries I've seen caused by people wearing them. Even then the worst I've ever seen is a broken rib or two and some major bruising.

Always always always wear the seat belt. Oh and walk to 300 feet to get your mail...
Old 05-11-2005, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member

Default seat belt beeps, what next???

You know, technically it is illegal to drive over the speed limit, and you are more likely to have an accident if you do, so who's in favor of beeping when you go over the speed limit?? Exactly. Kill the annoying, "thanks mom I'll buckle up" beep.

Quick Reply: disable seat belt beeping