Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

disable seat belt beeping

Old 05-12-2005, 12:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As part of God's plan to improve the gene pool, He gives them just enough brains to find the little white clips.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Casus_Belli
As part of God's plan to improve the gene pool, He gives them just enough brains to find the little white clips.
Nice...Very nice...
Old 05-12-2005, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by falcon9094
Hey i buckle up all the time but when I am trying to back out it is hard to manuver when buckled up and the noise is annoying and distracting. There is no need to disable the passenger side because the car doesnt beep when someone is in the seat unbuckled, and the clip on the drivers side makes the car think it is buckled. But I assume no responsibility for anything that happens to anyone if they do this.
The tC doesnt beep in reverse. From what i've noticed, it doesnt begin the beeping until you reach a certain speed, which i guess is like 10mph. I cant say Ive ever gone in reverse at 10mph or over nor do I need a reason too, so I guess I wouldnt know if it beeps. It doesnt for me, and I back up safely...why dont you children learn how to buckle up instead instead of disabling safety features or trying to manipulate the system....I mean, seriously....the seat belt doesnt tighten you down to your seat when youre in reverse...how hard is it REALLY??
Old 05-12-2005, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dwnlow1
This is all you have to do and you will not de-activate your airbags or have to remove any wires.it works!!!!!
#1 turn on ignition and make sure the odometer is the active not the trip meters.

#2 press the odometer reset button for at least ten seconds.

#3 while holding the reset button plug the safety belt in.

#4 if you did this right the display will now read b-off and if you press the reset switch again it will say b-on.
Herrrrro!!! did anyone read this guys post...end of story
Old 05-12-2005, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by phatboy
How about, "Because I don't want to!"?

Is this not a free country? If I choose to be cut in half in an accident, is it not my right? Laws? Poppycock! Rules were meant to be broken! My state does not mandate helmets on motorcycles, so why should they mandate seatbelt usage? My state also requires front license plates. Do I care, NO! It's my car and I'll do what I choose while in it!

Joe
Scinergy IA
There are two problems with your argument: you dying and/or getting seriously hurt affects other people. For example, let's say you get your neck broken, who will pay to fix you up and give you treatment for the rest of your life to help with your paralysis? Someone has to pay, and I doubt you have the money to do so. Taxpayers? Yup. There are a lot of government programs to help out disabled folks. Of course, we hope they are for people who are simply unfortunate, not rebellious kids who need to stand up to society by not wearing their seat belt.

What if someone kills you because you don't have your seat belt on? Even if the accident is your fault, it won't be an easy thing for anyone to live with, knowing their car killed someone.

Fact of the matter is, you getting killed is your own right, IF it only affects you. In this case, others will pay for your mistakes as well.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:00 AM
AtC
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dwnlow1
This is all you have to do and you will not de-activate your airbags or have to remove any wires.it works!!!!!
#1 turn on ignition and make sure the odometer is the active not the trip meters.

#2 press the odometer reset button for at least ten seconds.

#3 while holding the reset button plug the safety belt in.

#4 if you did this right the display will now read b-off and if you press the reset switch again it will say b-on.
FINALLY!!!! ive been searching for this for
a while! i was trying to remember the steps and i accidently
turned something off, it said s-off...
does anyone know what that was for?
Old 05-27-2010, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by BoomBox757
watch as you forget to buckle up, crash and die
x2!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Casus_Belli
lmfao

Not much point in trying to to convince people to dumb to use the belt to use it.