Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

First mods Scion tC

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 08:07 AM

Default First mods Scion tC

I recently purchased an 06 Scion tC. I been reading around and found some good tips and advice.
I was wondering if I should go with an axle back exhaust or a cold air intake as my first mod?

I’m not really going for HP just for a nice sound, TBH. Also I want to get some aftermarket lights,

Any suggestions?

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-22-2020 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 01-26-2019, 11:02 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by ylruc
I recently purchased an 06 Scion tC. I been reading around and found some good tips and advice. I was wondering if I should go with an axle back exhaust or a cold air intake as my first mod?
I’m not really going for HP just for a nice sound, TBH. Also I want to get some aftermarket lights, any suggestions

The 1st Mod is all Personal Preference depending on your taste and budget.
There are a bunch of YouTube videos where you can hear the different tC Exhaust sounds.

You can also Check Out the different Build Threads on this Forum.

A couple of examples are:

Dilirious' Photo/Build Thread Updated 09/26

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-29-2019 at 05:31 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:10 AM
SL Member

I did the TRD axle back and love it...sound is exactly what i wanted...Meagan Racing mid pipe finished it off...

Also did a TRD CAI, but after a couple years, got tired of cleaning the airflow sensor to keep the light off...glad I kept the stock intake air cleaner assembly...

No real performance increases, but sounds good, and after 120,000 miles, still get 30 mpg on the highway...but starting to burn about a quart every 1500 miles or so...(just missed the recall requirements when i did it...scam I'm pretty sure...everyone JUST misses the mark...

Bullcrap...I caught the _______ overfilling mine the first time i went to do the survey...mark on the stick was 1/2 quart, at least, over the full mark when the criminals pulled the dipstick after the required 1200 miles, which I demanded I watch...oh, don't know what could have happened they say.
Then try to actually accuse me of tampering...

Second try was just short of the warranty requirements...imagine that...sorry, I"m just venting...

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-29-2019 at 05:36 AM.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Wow, Scion Life still alive :D the forum I used to be so frequent. But I would do sounds or aesthetic upgrades first, they're more fun.
You want performance either go big like Turbo system / SC or non at all.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-22-2020 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 02-22-2020, 05:49 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by ylruc
I recently purchased an 06 Scion tC. I been reading around and found some good tips and advice. I was wondering if I should go with an axle back exhaust or a cold air intake as my first mod?
I’m not really going for HP just for a nice sound, TBH. Also I want to get some aftermarket lights, Any suggestions?
I used an Injen Performance Intake. Pretty well built . Kinda expensive.

And I bought the TRD exhaust. Has a nice rumble to it.

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-22-2020 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-02-2022, 03:06 PM

Default Next mods

Hi!
I have a 11' tc ans i was wondering what you guys think i could add more to my car..
Right now i have injen cold air intake, megan racing full exhaust and costum made high compression heads.
I make about 230 bhp.. i beat focus st on the drag strip hehe
is there more modification i can do to my engine/transmission or i can focus on body work?
i was thinking about trd short shifter but i don't know if it worth it.. if not do y'all have any other ideas?
Old 08-10-2022, 07:02 AM
SL Member

Upgrading the rear sway bar and front strut bar would also be a good and easy upgrade as well
Old 08-10-2022, 07:06 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yo_tc
Hi!
I have a 11' tc ans i was wondering what you guys think i could add more to my car..
Right now i have injen cold air intake, megan racing full exhaust and costum made high compression heads.
I make about 230 bhp.. i beat focus st on the drag strip hehe
is there more modification i can do to my engine/transmission or i can focus on body work?
i was thinking about trd short shifter but i don't know if it worth it.. if not do y'all have any other ideas?
I think it's worth it as you'll be able to shift faster into gears but from I've seen on Youtube there was one difficult step to remove a bolt carefully but also making sure you don't break the plastic