2005-2010 [ANT10]

Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Fuel Pump

Does anyone make an aftermarket pump for the XB. I'm looking for something like the Walbro 255lph pump.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why?
Old 11-05-2004, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm building a fuel system for my new turbo kit, That's why
Old 11-05-2004, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Doesn't the Scion have a return-less fuel line system? Does it still have a fuel pump? if it does I think its in teh gas tank, but walpro fuel pump are unverisel (sp?) i think , just need to re-wire it.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yes they still have a fuel pump, it is a returnless fuel system(stock)

munch, the only ones i have seen are 130lph

sorry
Old 11-05-2004, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dgHotLava
yes they still have a fuel pump, it is a returnless fuel system(stock)

munch, the only ones i have seen are 130lph

sorry
Yes it is a returnless fuel system just like my old Neon. You can convert it to a returnless system easy. The pump is in the tank just like my Neon and my old ERclipse. Oh well I guess I'll just run my universal in-line helper pump that I have from my old Eclipse. I din't want to do that but I guess I have no choice. I already have everything else I need
Old 11-05-2004, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Munch,

I've been through anything you can even imagine that has to do with turbocharging a Scion. Good luck, theres no easy part
I don't think you're going to need a fuel pump just yet... I haven't been able to get this thing to lean out with the stock fuel pump.
Oh, and I have full GReddy e-manage installation and tuning instructions I'm writing up here soon. Already was the first in the country to do 2zz injectors Next is a MAF sensor change, to avoid having to use a MAP sensor as a secondary 16x16 fuel map.

Oh, and if you want to know how the fuel pump assembly looks get ahold of HighOnScion, the PE kit comes with a fuel pump... also that one guy with the white xB and the PE kit changed his pump since PE sends one.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jdaniels
Munch,

I've been through anything you can even imagine that has to do with turbocharging a Scion. Good luck, theres no easy part
I don't think you're going to need a fuel pump just yet... I haven't been able to get this thing to lean out with the stock fuel pump.
Oh, and I have full GReddy e-manage installation and tuning instructions I'm writing up here soon. Already was the first in the country to do 2zz injectors Next is a MAF sensor change, to avoid having to use a MAP sensor as a secondary 16x16 fuel map.

Oh, and if you want to know how the fuel pump assembly looks get ahold of HighOnScion, the PE kit comes with a fuel pump... also that one guy with the white xB and the PE kit changed his pump since PE sends one.
Thanks man. I know what the fuel pump looks like already because I took it out . I have a set of custom 8:1 compression pistons and rods on order so I know I will take it past the stock fuel system. Turbo charging a car is never easy but it's all in the tuning and the fuel system. I've been dealing with turbo cars for the last 10 years. If it's done right you will have nothing to worry about .
Old 11-05-2004, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
Munch,

Thanks man. I know what the fuel pump looks like already because I took it out . I have a set of custom 8:1 compression pistons and rods on order so I know I will take it past the stock fuel system. Turbo charging a car is never easy but it's all in the tuning and the fuel system. I've been dealing with turbo cars for the last 10 years. If it's done right you will have nothing to worry about .
Ok then, whats the verdict on the fuel pump I would assume you should be able to put a Walbro 190lph in there no problem... you seriously don't need a 255LPH, no way no how. I've had DSM's do low 12s on stock fuel system with 440's and 190LPH's with just an SAFC (it was just a test, AFC's suck.)

Where did you order the pistons/rods from I've been trying to get ahold of a company to do such and none have delivered.

Haha, you're trying to move in on my territory, NY's only Black Cherry Pearl Turbo xB... I've had that exclusive title for months now, you can never have it!!!! J/P let me know how it works out, and let me know if you need any help with anything. I'm about 5 hours away, but we share the same state.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Munch,

Ok then, whats the verdict on the fuel pump I would assume you should be able to put a Walbro 190lph in there no problem... you seriously don't need a 255LPH, no way no how. I've had DSM's do low 12s on stock fuel system with 440's and 190LPH's with just an SAFC (it was just a test, AFC's suck.)

Where did you order the pistons/rods from I've been trying to get ahold of a company to do such and none have delivered.
Yeah the 255 might be overkill, but I'd rather have that and just turn the fuel pressure down. I'm gonna try to run as much boost as I can so I'm gonna need the fuel. I have a junkyard motor that I'm going to be using for my project. Once iit's built I'm gonna have some fun. Race engineering can make you any custom piston and rod set. It's not cheap but well worth it.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Munch,

Yeah the 255 might be overkill, but I'd rather have that and just turn the fuel pressure down. I'm gonna try to run as much boost as I can so I'm gonna need the fuel. I have a junkyard motor that I'm going to be using for my project. Once iit's built I'm gonna have some fun. Race engineering can make you any custom piston and rod set. It's not cheap but well worth it.
AHHHHH you stole it all from me!!! I got a junkyard echo motor too.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AHHHHH you stole it all from me!!! I got a junkyard echo motor too.
I just want to do it right the first time .
Old 11-06-2004, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh man, I just checked your imagestation... I have those cyberdyne gauges too

Great minds think alike?
Old 11-06-2004, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh man, I just checked your imagestation... I have those cyberdyne gauges too

Great minds think alike?
Yes they do. I'll keep you posted on my progress as it happens
Old 11-08-2004, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DSM's do low 12s on stock fuel system with 440's and 190LPH's with just an SAFC (it was just a test, AFC's suck.)
AGREED.

190lph was already a lot for a dsm. and i dont think turboing any scion motor is going to need anything to close to that LPH
Old 11-08-2004, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheRedBox
DSM's do low 12s on stock fuel system with 440's and 190LPH's with just an SAFC (it was just a test, AFC's suck.)
AGREED.

190lph was already a lot for a dsm. and i dont think turboing any scion motor is going to need anything to close to that LPH
Depends on what turbo you're running. I maxed my stock pump out with a 16G :twisted: :twisted:
Old 11-08-2004, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Depends on what turbo you're running. I maxed my stock pump out with a 16G :twisted: :twisted:[/quote]

i knew people running 190lph pumps on 50 trims with stock FPR doing fine.

Old 11-08-2004, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not me, my stock injecters were at 100% duty cycle, my pump was at it's max, and I was running 25psi on race fuel
Old 11-09-2004, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We ran stock injectors, w/ a 6cm 16g on a 90 GSX with a 3" exhaust, maf mods, fuel pump rewire, a 190lph walbro, and a JoeP MBC -- JoeP lives nearby me ... went 12.90s all day w/ Nokian tires. Went 12.4 w/ an AFC that we borrowed and tweaked.

Engine mods, 1mm oversized valves, bronze valve guides, 2g pistons, 1g big rods.

Ran 22psi daily on CAM2, 25lbs @ the track on C16