2005-2010 [ANT10]

How long do you plan on owning?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FSUnoles
^ wow Kyle im sorry to hear that. My Prayers with your wife and her medical issues. May i ask what happened with Toyota?
Hey thanks! Ya I was working at North Hills Toyota and Scion. My father was the general manager for a awhile and wanted me to sell cars for him. Hes been in the business for a long long time. So I know alot about cars and the car business in general. so I decided it would be good. Started in training and then started to sell cars. Was doing great but it was going into winter months and thats when sales slow down. So I was just barely making enough money. Then a spot opened up in the BDC(business development center) or internet department. Went up there cuz it was salary plus commission. Which was great. Pay was super. Thats when we bought the tC. Worked for about a year or so. But my dad was getting real stressed at work...the owners were total jerks. He was making them number one or close to it every month but that was never good enough and he was always getting yelled at and all that. Then my grandfather (dads dad) past away. And that kind of sent my dad over the edge. Thought he was too stressed to work there anymore and decided to go to another dealership for way less pay and less hours. So a new GM comes in about a month later and within a month or two tanks me. For nothing!! I was doing my job and doing it very well too. He actually hated my father so I think he just didnt want me around cuz I was a direct link to my dad. My dad had the website that was on the commercials in his own name...he owned it. Well the new GM didnt know that and played the commercials a ton. Well my dad changed the website to go to his new dealerships website and the new GM didnt know. So he was really advertising for the other place and he didnt like that. He pulled me in an yelled at me and told me I need to fix it. I said I had no idea, which was the truth, and said he needs to deal with it because hes the boss not me. Got fired a couple days later because I wasnt doing a good enough job at my job. So I collected unemployment for awhile but havnt been able to get a job that paid any where near what i was making. So money has been super tight since. And now my wife isnt working. So we are moving in with my parents who have a small apartment attached to their house. Which is great for us. I mean I will be 22 on the 4th of march. So we are still young and can get our finances back in order quickly hopefully. We dont have like 10k in debt or anything like you hear in those commercials but we do have a little. So Once we get back on our feet I think we are going to save for a house. But our story! lol. And thanks for the prayers....means a lot!
Old 02-27-2010, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ So you know DJ and Carl? I bought my Scion off of DJ after I totaled my RS 2.

My dad even bought his FM tC off of DJ. He wanted to trade it in on an RS 5 and was told by DJ that he talked to his manager and told him he'll get what he wanted for his trade in value. Well we go to the dealership (i was in town visiting) and the whole story changed. NH Toyota wouldn't seal the deal for $500 so we walked and my dad filed a complaint with BBB. I haven't talked to DJ since and it's probably because of what happened with my father. He was a good friend, though, or so I thought.

Last edited by toeveryhour; 02-27-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toeveryhour
^ So you know DJ and Carl? I bought my Scion off of DJ after I totaled my RS 2.

My dad even bought his FM tC off of DJ. He wanted to trade it in on an RS 5 and was told by DJ that he talked to his manager and told him he'll get what he wanted for his trade in value. Well we go to the dealership (i was in town visiting) and the whole story changed. NH Toyota wouldn't seal the deal for $500 so we walked and my dad filed a complaint with BBB. I haven't talked to DJ since and it's probably because of what happened with my father. He was a good friend, though, or so I thought.
ya i know both of them. DJ was a good friend so I thought as well. I havnt talked to him since I left. He also said some stuff about my dad to the new GM that wasnt all great. blamed stuff like ordering a 25k xB on my dad and stuff even though DJ ordered it. But I understand what u went through. Never would have happened if my dad was there. He stood by his word and would have m.ade that deal. Too bad it didnt and too bad they lost ur business. But thats what happens I guess. glad u guess went to the BBB. I have heard of a few customers doing so since I left. I still talk to a few people there sometimes.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We've had some stuff like that go on at our dealership here, too. It's really sad. They had a great guy working for him (I'll call him Bob) and then they had this idiot kid who was a son of a friend of the owner. Complete ______ that knew nothing. Well Bob was actually the only one that was keeping their GM department alive (every one else over there were _____s too) and he kind of went back and forth between the Toyota and GM departments because they were low on staff. Well one day I went in there and Bob wasn't around so I asked because I usually talk to him.. they said he got fired. So I went over and talked to the guy that sold me my tC. He said they had these parts that kept going missing. Apparently douche bag blamed it on Bob. But then, my guy told me that it was actually douche bag taking the parts, and Bob had caught him, but the owners wouldn't believe him and basically fired him for making the whole thing up. Needless to say, the GM dept is closed... it was probably inevitable anyway with the whole government acquisition thing. I think douche bag left for another job after that, but he got a really good guy fired for no reason.

Anyway, thought I would share. Back to topic... What is most mileage anyone has put on there's so far? I bought mine back in Oct and it only has a few thousand because I haven't been driving it in this snow. Just wondering if any of the owners that have had theirs for a really long time have very high mileage... and how they're holding up.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by kyledye25
ya i know both of them. DJ was a good friend so I thought as well. I havnt talked to him since I left. He also said some stuff about my dad to the new GM that wasnt all great. blamed stuff like ordering a 25k xB on my dad and stuff even though DJ ordered it. But I understand what u went through. Never would have happened if my dad was there. He stood by his word and would have m.ade that deal. Too bad it didnt and too bad they lost ur business. But thats what happens I guess. glad u guess went to the BBB. I have heard of a few customers doing so since I left. I still talk to a few people there sometimes.
Yeah I knew your dad (Tim). He was great, that's why we ended up buying a second tC from the dealership. Now that I think of it, I've met you also. Only a few times though. I used to hang out there all the time with my bf steve, he had the envy green xb.

But yeah, things sure changed when your dad left. That dealership sucks now in all honesty.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toeveryhour
Yeah I knew your dad (Tim). He was great, that's why we ended up buying a second tC from the dealership. Now that I think of it, I've met you also. Only a few times though. I used to hang out there all the time with my bf steve, he had the envy green xb.

But yeah, things sure changed when your dad left. That dealership sucks now in all honesty.
Oh YES!! I remember. Wow thats cool. Steve has an MR2 now right? Red? But it does suck there now. I have been there a few times and Carlos the Gm is always a dbag. And I still talk to my boss Abby and she says she hates it. Everyones pay has been cut and they dont do business like my dad did. So I am sure customers are leaving very unhappy. Which I dont care now...I hope Carlos gets tanked soon. Then maybe they will call my dad back up lol. Lets hope.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damnit now I don't know if I plan on keeping the tC as I originally thought..we'll see by next year..I found a car I think I might be in love with lol maybe I'll hate it when I test drive it