Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

I CALL IT "ASM" (ANTI-STARTER MECHANISM)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by datdude1119
^^talking in all caps is considered yelling, and yelling is disrespectful and basically annoying. i dont see why you cant comprehend that LOL
like i said why would CAPS be considered yelling? Why cant you get that CAPS was created to highlight important words, not meant to be yelling and yelling is a form of speaking, typing doesnt mean your speaking you dummy
Old 09-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Banned
SL Member

"On Internet chat systems, forums and Usenet, typing a sentence in all capitals is considered rude, the large letters akin to shouting or yelling within the social context."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caps_lock
dude wikipedia isnt even a valid source, just information that was created by the average person. I like to read wikipedia too but there not 100% right all the time. haha i just read it now and did you read the part where they said "CAPS lock theory?" That means is was assumed by people to be yelling but not what it actually means.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by InfiniteVisi0n
"On Internet chat systems, forums and Usenet, typing a sentence in all capitals is considered rude, the large letters akin to shouting or yelling within the social context."

dude wikipedia isnt even a valid source, just information that was created by the average person. I like to read wikipedia too but there not 100% right all the time.
lol indeed

but at the same time its just one of the many known facts of online chatting or forums

i guess i would give an example of giving someone the middle finger,,, why does the middle finger being shown to someone such an insult? thats just how it is lol
Old 09-07-2008, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

LOUD NOISES!

but seriously though to get back on topic, is this a feature just starting in the 09's? because I could've sworn I accidentally tried to start my 08 tC when it was already started (back when I had the stock exhaust) and it made that grinding noise.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by InfiniteVisi0n

dude wikipedia isnt even a valid source, just information that was created by the average person. I like to read wikipedia too but there not 100% right all the time.
lol indeed

but at the same time its just one of the many known facts of online chatting or forums

i guess i would give an example of giving someone the middle finger,,, why does the middle finger being shown to someone such an insult? thats just how it is lol
indeed but that is so common in our culture, if it was common for scion1d then he would have known not to type in all CAPS. Obviously he didnt realize that it bothered people because it wasnt harmful. W/e ok i dont want to debate anymore..im so tired from sanding my header. Looks pretty good too.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:04 PM

I usually do his except backwards... it's so quite when it idles I sometimes think it's started when it isn't.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by the BIG MAN SL
6. PLEASE DO NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPS AS THIS IS CONSIDERED "YELLING."
ibtl.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow. I've never seen more bickering in one thread. Lay off the estrogen.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Go4shoped
Wow. I've never seen more bickering in one thread. Lay off the estrogen.
You're complaining about people complaining. Fail.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Trung, you snuck a lock in before I could even comment.

Hey, guys, it doesn't matter if all caps is considered "yelling" or not (it is), because ALL of you agreed to follow the rules, and all of you clicked agreements to them before you were allowed to make your very first post.

The rules are all available for your edification and enjoyment by simply clicking on that little grey button near the top of the page that looks just like this:

...And before I hear some strident voice in the distance yelling "FREEDOM OF SPEECH! FREEDOM OF SPEECH!" allow me to say...

("Freedom of Speech" is not a term that applies to any private site that allows posting by members. The US First Amendment only applies to not allowing the US government to censor most speech. As soon as you step into a private site like this, you are in someone else's livingroom or office, not in a public space, and the owner - the person paying the bills - can set any rules they want and a poster can either agree or leave. No problem, but just trying to correct an all too common error of perception about the internet. Also note that if any site is not in the US, the rules can change drastically...)