Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

I could really do without other cars trying to 'race' me.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whenever ricers try to race me, or rev, or do little fly-bys to show me how fast they are, I just keep a steady pace and fan my hand over my mouth in a "yawning" motion. Basically letting them know I'm not impressed.

Either that or just completely ignore them.

Some people are just losers.

What I really hate is when I'm actually in a hurry, or late for work. Then they "think" I am racing! I've won/lost quite a few non-races that way.

-THE DON
Old 10-24-2006, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Ill usually just race them beat them and leave it at that. Then they try again and again and i just do nothing. Its pretty fun
Old 10-24-2006, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Wow I had one guy try to race me on the 1 1/2 years ive had my car. He was driving a honda civic with the 13" tack and fart can exhaust the worst part about it was he tried t get me to race on a rainy day. My tires suck in the rain so I probably would have lost anyway so I didnt try.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:44 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There was a garbage can of a Civic who wanted to race me. I was on the middle lane and he was on my right. Our lanes were to merge and and I had the right of way. I knew he was going to try to race me.

Light turned green and I was right, he was attempting to beat me and to cut infront of me. The thing is, my car jumped on his ___ and left him behind. The idiot then out of frustration tailgated me. The next red light, my brother and my friend stopped the car and all of us stepped out and asked him if he had a problem. It was just some stupid mexican ghetto kid and he just said "no".

LOL!

I was on the 710fwy north merging on the 60 west a month ago and I was approaching the turn off and this idiotic Cobalt, a 4dr granny car, suddendly pulls on my right and passes me, as I was slowing dow to take the turn, and started to flash his light as if he has won. I was like, "I'm sorry, was there a race?"

LOL

A stock tC will beat down any stock Civic (not counting the new SI).

Most of them are just haters. They're miserable because they have a porta pottie for a car, I mostly ignore them.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No one ever tries to race me. I did have a kid ask me at a gas station if it was fast. I said I guess it depends on what you think is fast, I don't think it is fast compared to my Cobra. He gave me a dirty look and walked off :D
Old 10-24-2006, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
People don't mess with me. I wonder why?

man with a set up like yours, i'd be ____ed if no one tried something...
Old 10-24-2006, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

No one wants to race my tC, but they did want to race my old car, lol.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Just do like Marty in back to the future part 3...

Rev your engine then throw it in reverse! BWAHAHA

:Seriously, for your own safety and the safety of others don't do this:
Old 10-24-2006, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I call them stupid little pr!cks at the next stop sometimes.... they either leave all ____y (thier girlfriends laughing at them the whole way) or get out and start something... either way is fun

But I usually dont see as much of that stupid crap here in the twin cities. Must be a lower number of fast and furious wannabe's here or something.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

In over a year of owning my car, most of the time with a TRD exhaust and an S2000 antenna as my only visual mod (now I'm lowered and have fancy... lightbulbs?), I've never been raced, challenged, etc. I don't know why, but I'm not complaining.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

If its a ricer I just hold up a box of uncle bens rice with one of those no smoking circle with a line through it type things drawn over it. that I keep in my glove box.. otherwise I just ignore them

Dont wanna wreck my baby
Old 10-25-2006, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am glad this thread was started since I shows me I am not the only one who is annoyed by the retards in their rice.

I do mean rice to that is the only morons that want to try and race.

What bugs me is they think it is a real race and they are going fast.

I personally have a warped view on the term a fast car coming from my old car to this tc but I did not want to have to deal with the mpg and troubles in a hihgly modded car anymore.

Basically is it really worth trying to really race a 14 second or slower vehilce. Basically you hit the gas it it goes most will not even have to much problems hooking up traction wise until you start breaking into the 13's.

Don't get me wrong I screw with people and race my daily driver with theirs but as a joke but these other people think they are in a rally race in traffic or doing a flying mile race on the highway. I just do not get it.

My car only has tint on it and this is what I get already. How sad.

My old car I had to beg for a race, now everyone grabs a lane and wants some even old men and women who do not want to let me merge in. Hey some of them are faster and they know it.

Plain and simple most TC's are not fast if you think they are you are sadly mistaken. I did say most so do not jump down my throat, some are fast but they are like seeing a skyline on a US street. Yes they are that rare.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

ive seen a 1000 horsepower z, never seen an m3 that big. my friends all motor civic beats m3s haha. theyre not that fats. the new ones will be tho
Old 10-25-2006, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

M3s can do 0-60 in 5 seconds and the 1/4 in low 13s.

A stock 350z does 0-60 in low 6 and the 1/4 in low 14s.

Your friend's all motor civic may be able to beat M3s but it's probably stripped, and it's still a civic.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I don't claim to be fast in my tC. And I sure as hell don't drive like it, either. But when you're lowered with tint and an exhaust in my area, dumb asses in their Civics want to try to race.

Even when they're going the opposite way.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:41 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PunkInDrublic
M3s can do 0-60 in 5 seconds and the 1/4 in low 13s.

A stock 350z does 0-60 in low 6 and the 1/4 in low 14s.

Your friend's all motor civic may be able to beat M3s but it's probably stripped, and it's still a civic.
Not to mention that the car is mostlikely not street legal nor will it pass a vehicle inspection by the DOT.

I love it when ricers talk about how their highly modified car talks about smoking "stock" ones. I'm sure a modified M3 will walk all over that civic in reverse.

Then ricers bring in the "price" issue. Well one is an M3 and the other is a Civic. Comparing the two is like comparing Jessica Alba with a $2 crack ***** from skid row (crack ***** being the civic).
Old 10-26-2006, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member

I haven't had anybody try to race me in the tC yet, but with my former car in my hometown...there were all kinds of idiots wanting to go. I'd just stick my hand out the window and give them a thumbs down. For some reason, some people got ____ED when I did that. But hey...screw 'em.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

but your talking about a 350z. or a 300z. which can be built way over what a bmw can be. horsepower means nothing if your heavy. its called power to weight ratio. so many people talk ____ on hondas when theyre the easiest fastest cheapest and funnest way to drive. people can talk all sorts of crap when they dotn own either and drive a commuter car. C&D facts mean nothing compared to being in a car you enjoy. if you like the 2 dollar crackwhore that can out run jessica alba. why knock it?
Old 10-26-2006, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

and if you honestly think about it. there are 600 hp civics out there that weigh a mere 1900 lbs. youd have to have over 1200 hp in a 3000 lb bmw to keep with a car like that. so call it what you want, i just hate all the bashers on hondas because there IS crappy ones out there....but that doesnt mean they all are. ive built em with my own two hands...and im building a turbo del sol as we speak for fun. i just dont understand why everyone automatically thinks every civic driver is a ricer. drives me up a wall
Old 10-26-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^good call

but yeah, I don't have that much trouble with people in my state but once I hit ATLANTA or FLORIDA cities...I get fart cans and buzzing bees left and right trying to race...it's annoying!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I could really do without other cars trying to 'race' me.