2005-2010 [ANT10]

Loctite Products

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Loctite Products

i was curious if loctite pipe sealant and loctite thread locker do the samething,reason im asking,my buddie is doing his oil return line on his car and was curious if he can get away with using the loctite thread locker to seal everything hoping it wont get into the oil,cause no local stores has the pipe sealant....
Old 05-10-2012, 10:23 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by gp1817
i was curious if loctite pipe sealant and loctite thread locker do the samething,reason im asking,my buddie is doing his oil return line on his car and was curious if he can get away with using the loctite thread locker to seal everything hoping it wont get into the oil,cause no local stores has the pipe sealant....
Your buddy needs to be careful when using actual thread locker or he could find it quite difficult to remove. Red loctite is for permanent connections and may require heat to remove. Blue would be the one I would use as it can seal and can be removed with normal hand tool Using loctite should not cause problems unless you decide to dump some of it into the oil.

Also keep in mind that some oil lines are designed to seal without the use of thread sealants. Loctite will not fix a bad install on these types of lines. Not saying it's happening here, I'm just saying.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Esh Darkstar
Your buddy needs to be careful when using actual thread locker or he could find it quite difficult to remove. Red loctite is for permanent connections and may require heat to remove. Blue would be the one I would use as it can seal and can be removed with normal hand tool Using loctite should not cause problems unless you decide to dump some of it into the oil.

Also keep in mind that some oil lines are designed to seal without the use of thread sealants. Loctite will not fix a bad install on these types of lines. Not saying it's happening here, I'm just saying.

alright,yea he was looking at the blue stuff,but just wanted to make sure...