Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

my hood...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 05:48 AM
5 Year Member

Default my hood...

o my god.... i went out from my apartment... and found that there is a dent on the hood... look like someone had roll something on it on purpose... and scratched the hood too.... by a key maybe.... i was hecka ____ed... now... i duno what i can do... :'(
Old 04-18-2005, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear that some haters messed up your ride...

as for fixing it.... i'd say get a CF hood...
Old 04-18-2005, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by iNFEktEd

Why is everyone fixated on the "carbon fiber hood"? That makes no sense. Its good, don't get me wrong. But you are paying like 5x as much for a hood that is supposed to be used if you have something decent under it. Spend the money on other car accessories.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Necromancer

Why is everyone fixated on the "carbon fiber hood"? That makes no sense. Its good, don't get me wrong. But you are paying like 5x as much for a hood that is supposed to be used if you have something decent under it. Spend the money on other car accessories.
I agree
IMO unpainted carbon fiber hoods are ricey and look kinda tacky.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:53 AM
5 Year Member

ouch >.< i cringe as i hear your story. what a terrible thing to do...does your insurance cover it?
Old 04-18-2005, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

CF hood time!!! i wish someone will do that to my car.. then my dad can like give me money to get it fix, but THEN instead ill buy me a CF hood
Old 04-18-2005, 07:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nakioki
CF hood time!!! i wish someone will do that to my car.. then my dad can like give me money to get it fix, but THEN instead ill buy me a CF hood
Good Job! But I wouldnt want mine to have anything happen to!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GSRacer2102

I agree
I have to agree, too. Carbon fiber hood became ricey once a lot of honda's started using them. I'd only sport one if I got it painted, but then again I wouldnt spend the extra money for something that isnt going to do anything for my car.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

wtf...CF hoods on white cars are hot. just cuz hondas use it means its ricey. hondas have body kits and rims and lowered cars that slammed. is that ricey too? you guys are so lame
Old 04-18-2005, 11:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by taek
wtf...CF hoods on white cars are hot. just cuz hondas use it means its ricey. hondas have body kits and rims and lowered cars that slammed. is that ricey too? you guys are so lame
Yes, yes, and yes. If you are going to get a body kit, you'd better have something other than stock under the hood. If you are going to get rims, get decent once that are proportional with the car. Don't go out and get a $5000 set of Makaveli's to put on the sub $20,000 tC. That looks ridiculous and retarded. Lowering cars usually make the ride worse. Not sure why anyone would lower the tC. Makes no sense unless you are planning on upgrading other stuff. Also if you lower the car, don't complain when you get scratches from going over curbs or pot holes. You are lame. Go out and buy a more expensive performance car if you want to make the tC "look fast" like the EVO MR.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I agree that the CF hood does not always look the best (depending on the application) but it is lighter... and where do you get that it is 5X more expensive? Can you get a stock hood for $60... cause I can get CF hoods all day for $300
Old 04-18-2005, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you have any idea how much OEM stuff costs? There gonna rape you for a new hood. Iam estimating 500 at least. Might as well go CF.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member

i went to a body shop today and asked for a quote...
it will cost like $600 on it... cuz they have to re-paint it... and most of the cost is for the labor... >< $70 per hour... suckz...
and is it easy to take the stock hood out and replace a carbon fiber hood by urself? if so... i can just replace it by myself and save some money~
Old 04-19-2005, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DAMN!! 6 bills is a lot of money!!

as for the install of a CF hood.. you and a buddy can tackle that job no problem. good luck on which ever choice you do decide to go with.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:08 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Strictly Scionized
SL Member

CF hood for sure.. if you're going to fork out the money for a new stock one, why not go aftermarket

Visit http://www.RacingSolution.com for a great deal on a CF Hood.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrv2000
Originally Posted by GSRacer2102

I agree
I have to agree, too. Carbon fiber hood became ricey once a lot of honda's started using them. I'd only sport one if I got it painted, but then again I wouldnt spend the extra money for something that isnt going to do anything for my car.
what's so ricey about it? i think hondas where one of the first cars that companies made cf hoods for. here is a pic of mine w/ cf type R lip.

Old 04-20-2005, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this thread cracks me up. you have a bunch of people here saying that upgrading the look of your car is stupid. they are on a site that is mostly about upgrading. and why should anyone care what other people do to their cars? everything is about cosmetics these days. you wear nikes but you dont get out and work off some of that lard. same thing as getting a body kit and not working on the engine. we are allowed to do things that make the car we drive look good to us, regardless of what anyone else thinks looks like a honda.

for the record, i am not a person who would make a car look good without making it perform better as well. its just not my thing. i just get tired of hearing people bash on other people for doing what makes them happy. enjoy your tc how you want, let other people enjoy theirs how they want.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rsx_freak79

Dont get me wrong, your car looks great. But you have to understand that when I'm driving around, the typical car that I see with a carbon fiber hood looks nothing like yours. Let me paint you a picture of what I usually see... picture an early 90's civic, with atleast 3 different color body panels, faded/bubbled purple tint, a fart can exhaust, a wing bigger than ones you see on airplanes, an unpainted body kit that doesn't go with the car at all, and a carbon fiber hood. Now, call me Pavlov's Dog, but because I have been conditioned to associate carbon fiber hoods with these types of cars, every time I even hear the words carbon fiber, I think of these riced out civics. That is why even though it might look nice on some cars, like it does on your's and the tC's, I cant stand to even think about carbon fiber. Damn Civics.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol...i know where you're coming from. i see the same thing over here. but most riced up cars over here don't have cf hoods. they just paint their stock hoods black to make it seem like they have one. :p thanks for the compliments and i think cf hoods look hot on tc's.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member

hmmm i was thinking of getting a CF hood for my BSP tC. I have not seen a pic of one yet, i'm kinda wondering how it will look. Any suggestions? comments?