2005-2010 [ANT10]

My poor ol' tC

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My poor ol' tC

Well yesterday, I parked in the back row at local Shoneys. That was not good enough. A car driven by a 88 year old man that didn't even know his name or insurance info (no kidding) backed into my car and bent my front tie rod (my tire was out an angle due to parking and that is how he hit mostly my tire) as well as scratch the bumper and left fender.

Now I am in a rental for two weeks waiting for the tie rod. Once that is installed and I get an alignment, I can drive it and just wait for the bumper/fender. There is definitely a big difference in the Grand Am and the tC. Guess it will make me appreciate the tC even more.

BTW, if you have a family member that should NOT be driving due to age, etc., please get him/her OFF the road now. Luckily this guy did not injure/kill somebody. The DMV will be taking this guy's license according to the police.

Kevin
Old 10-05-2004, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn that sucks man . It kinda reminds me of that South Park Episode with the old people . I hope everything works out for you.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

Poor car.....it will be fixed, however i hate to own cars that have been fixed they never seem to be right, and you lose sooo much money..when you sell...Gray Dawn!
Old 10-05-2004, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Driving privilages should be revoked once you start sporting depends...
Old 10-05-2004, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GameraBaenre
Driving privilages should be revoked once you start sporting depends...
Some people need to loose it way before that
Old 10-05-2004, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
Poor car.....it will be fixed, however i hate to own cars that have been fixed they never seem to be right, and you lose sooo much money..when you sell...Gray Dawn!
Even kicking tC owners when they're down. Very classy, Cybergypsy.

And of course, as usual, she's talking out her ___.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by mrtc
Even kicking tC owners when they're down. Very classy, Cybergypsy.

And of course, as usual, she's talking out her ___.
Whos kicking him...its a true statement.....what should every person wear blinders....ok when someone hits your car...it will be worth at least 5k more.........Happy.....dumb@ss

Talking out my ___....a 11K TC hit, is worth about 8K, its a FACT...grow up just a little...you live in your fantasy
Old 10-05-2004, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whos kicking him...its a true statement.....what should every person wear blinders....ok when someone hits your car...it will be worth at least 5k more.........Happy.....dumb@ss

Talking out my ___....a 11K TC hit, is worth about 8K, its a FACT...grow up just a little...you live in your fantasy
Like I said...classy.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mrtc

Like I said...classy.
It is true. Would you pay some one Blue Book Value if you knew the car had been in a accident? I know I would not, you have no way to know if the repair work was done right.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it was the engine, I would be concerned about a new one. But a tie rod, bumper, and fender should not affect anything on the car, long term. Car is so new, the paint should blend in nicely with rest of car.

Just have to drive the rental and stare at my tC in the driveway......

Kevin
Old 10-06-2004, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chucksu
It is true. Would you pay some one Blue Book Value if you knew the car had been in a accident? I know I would not, you have no way to know if the repair work was done right.
True or not isn't the point. Cybergypsy was rubbing it in Kevin's face.

If your dog just died, would you want some internet moron telling you "Too bad, you'll never be as happy with another dog"?
Old 10-06-2004, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't mean to pile on here, but you have to be _really_ sure that everything that might have been damaged is completely restored to original condition, or you'll have a car that eats tires and drives funny. And the risk of that could affect the value of the car.

But 11K is a stupidly low value to place on a nearly new tC; Toyotas just don't depreciate that fast. Considering the waiting list, I wouldn't be surprised if you could sell a slightly used one for over msrp, in the right location.