Last edited by hardknox; 03-18-2010 at 03:52 AM. Reason: pic
Old 03-18-2010, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hardknox

too hot:S

so..changing the plugs didn't hurt anything
yup thanks for the pic, definitely didn't hurt anything getting rid of those. Looks like it could've been the wrong heat range? glad you got the right ones now!
Old 03-18-2010, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
yup thanks for the pic, definitely didn't hurt anything getting rid of those. Looks like it could've been the wrong heat range? glad you got the right ones now!
So think this would have caused any of my symptoms..such as the sputtering,hesistating acceleration,white smoke out exhaust? I still haven't found out what happened to the oil, like the others stated I don't see how that would relate to the plugs. But I'm still learning and don't know much about the plugs so what could the new ones improve?

The car seems to be running fine now, accelerating just fine and seems to be holding oil,going to recheck as soon as I get outta work.There is still white smoke but very very VERY minimal,wouldn't even notice if had I not been looking very hard..nothing like when i was pulled over on the turnpike. I assume its just cause its cold or cause it rained(feel free to chime in here)

I appreciate all the help guys thanks alot, I'm really hoping I can pinpoint what exactly happened and this can be used for future reference if anyone runs into this situation. It really looks like the problem went away yesterday morning,even before the spark plugs...but I'm still cautious, wouldn't be posting here if I didn't think there was a problem lol
Old 03-19-2010, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what does the smoke smell like? is it a sweet smell? White smoke is normally coolant. Have you checked your coolant? This sounds like a head gasket to me. Oil normally has a bluish tint to it. I bet you have a chocolate milkshake for coolant.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hardknox
So think this would have caused any of my symptoms..such as the sputtering,hesistating acceleration,white smoke out exhaust? I still haven't found out what happened to the oil, like the others stated I don't see how that would relate to the plugs. But I'm still learning and don't know much about the plugs so what could the new ones improve?

The car seems to be running fine now, accelerating just fine and seems to be holding oil,going to recheck as soon as I get outta work.There is still white smoke but very very VERY minimal,wouldn't even notice if had I not been looking very hard..nothing like when i was pulled over on the turnpike. I assume its just cause its cold or cause it rained(feel free to chime in here)

I appreciate all the help guys thanks alot, I'm really hoping I can pinpoint what exactly happened and this can be used for future reference if anyone runs into this situation. It really looks like the problem went away yesterday morning,even before the spark plugs...but I'm still cautious, wouldn't be posting here if I didn't think there was a problem lol
I was thinking for a couple of days and I can only come up with that you're burning it off, but the spark plugs wouldve been oily, not burning lean like you found on the old ones that were removed.

you say you're still burning a little white smoke, I would get a compression test done on that engine to find out if the piston rings are letting oil get by into the combustion chamber.

how has it been running since you fixed it? and the oil level?
Old 03-28-2010, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
United Imports
SL Member

hmmmm very weird. hope all works out man
Old 03-29-2010, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cars running fine,oil level fine too. No more white smoke either. Wish I had an explanation but I honestly have not a clue what happened that day I'm just happy I still have a car:D

Will update if anything

thx for all the help