Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

New to imports

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 07:38 PM

Default New to imports

I've always had fast trucks and cars...v8's
Now I'm kinda "stuck" in a scion and if Im going to drive the thing I might as well have fun, right?!? What are the musts before I start any engine upgrades/bolt-ons?

2005 tc with injen cai and borla cat back
Old 03-10-2015, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Either enjoy the power you have, or spend over $5K 100-150 more hp.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:53 PM

Really just wanting to start withe the essentials before I dive into performance...suspension and braking...the things that need to be done to handle a engine build/turbo setup
Old 03-11-2015, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I spent close to 5k on my "looks" mods first (coilovers, wilwood breaks, rims, axleback exhaust, tail lights), then I realize making the car fast was an irresponsibly costly endevour.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want your breaking to be better your gonna have to pull out the checkbook. The biggest hindrance to our braking, Other than the obvious soft lines at the calipers would be the caliper itself. Its a single piston caliper really sucks but your options are the wilwood 4 piston caliper which will run you approx. 1300 bucks for all 4 plus the stainless steel lines. Or the TRD big break kit which is close on price but you need 18" wheels or bigger.

As for suspension...coil-overs and sway bar(s). Personally I recommend getting the TRD rear sway and setting it stiff and leaving the front stock. Others will tell you to get the hotchkis front and rear set. I'm not going to tell you what to do here, do your research and see what fits you best.

There has been alot of debate on here about the strut tower bars. IMO they do nothing unless there are 3 points of contact or more, which is only true with the ignalls rear. again do your research make your own decision, I notice no performance difference with my DC sports front bar I just like the look.

Finally if your really serious about handling there are some chassis strengtheners made by a company called TB performance. I bought the front and rear under-body braces and absolutely love them. Reasonably priced with noticeable gains, these guys seemed to have gotten it right I personally recommend. TB Performance Products

Hope this helps