Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Oh God here we go! UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member

Default Oh God here we go! UPDATE

Alright So i got the car back today from the dealership. I had a blown Fuse and they had to repair some exposed wire. So all is well and working fine. Thank god!
Old 08-12-2006, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how long have u had ur subs in the car for? maybe a wire was tapped from the center console for remote, just a possibility. but GL with the dealer
Old 08-12-2006, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats why i dont have subs.... well actually i hate rap music but... talk to engifineer. he is an electrical engineer. hope this helps
Old 08-12-2006, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

you know you can have subs and not listen to rap right?

I never listen to rap, but I love having my subs add that little bit of bass with rock or trance.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

little bit of bass? im ok with a 10. thats what i have. but when people roll through my apartment complex with there seats reclined back to the rear seats and there bass shacking my cats tail, they have serious issues. but you are right, i got my 10 for electronica
Old 08-12-2006, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

heh, gotcha. yeah I got 2 10"s for some substance.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 05FMtC
how long have u had ur subs in the car for? maybe a wire was tapped from the center console for remote, just a possibility. but GL with the dealer

I got the subs put in 2 weeks after I got my car. A wire was tapped for the remote...but what would that do? It had actually came loose at one point and still worked because i had the signal senseing turned on. I connected the wire back into the remote port(last night) and it worked fine. Then i woke up this morning and the problems started.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this happened to someone, you got a bad wiring job and one finally gave out.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Batjew
this happened to someone, you got a bad wiring job and one finally gave out.

Really? Well after my amp smoked i pulled it out and i removed all the wires so the dealer wont see any of it when i go. Even after i uninstalled everything I still get absolutely nothing from the center controls. But when i had the system in the back with the remote wire in, it would atleast come on( center controls) but the fan for the A/C would not work and it would blink like I stated b4. But with that damn remote wire unhooked it would not respond at all what so ever. So that is where I am at now. nothing working and no system.I also dont understand why my damn amp started smoking. I installed it in my other car and smoked more and did not work. So im guessing the amp is gone. Just dont see why my tc is so screwed up now.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hope your car is like that until tuesday
so that dealer can take a good look at your car instead of bull____tin at you.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by jdg1605
little bit of bass? im ok with a 10. thats what i have. but when people roll through my apartment complex with there seats reclined back to the rear seats and there bass shacking my cats tail, they have serious issues. but you are right, i got my 10 for electronica
You couldn't have said it any better!
Old 08-13-2006, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not much of the electrician so all im going to say is Good Luck. Hope everything turns out okay. Keep us posted.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jjjosh41
Im not much of the electrician so all im going to say is Good Luck. Hope everything turns out okay. Keep us posted.
I appreciate it...it's just killing me to have to wait. I took my amp in to HiFi Buys today to get it looked at, and the guy hooked it up and said that the output portion of the amp was fried. So $100 repair to get it fixed. Gonna get it shipped to JL to repair it so that takes a load off.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

First off, to prevent your amp from frying again, fuse your power wire within a few inches (I'd stay with less than 18") before it goes into to the amp.

As for the A/C problem, definately sounds like a bad wiring job.

What kind of stereo (stock or aftermarket) are you running?

You said you tapped back into the remote wire; Are you sure that's what you tapped into? (truthfully, there should be an output for the remote wire if it's an aftermarket stereo- no need for tapping into anything).

Did you leave any of the wires uncovered? Maybe the remote is grounding out.

Check all your fuses before taking anything in.

That's all I can offer for now.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Man that's scary as hell, I hope things work out for you man.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by tml057
First off, to prevent your amp from frying again, fuse your power wire within a few inches (I'd stay with less than 18") before it goes into to the amp.

As for the A/C problem, definately sounds like a bad wiring job.

What kind of stereo (stock or aftermarket) are you running?

You said you tapped back into the remote wire; Are you sure that's what you tapped into? (truthfully, there should be an output for the remote wire if it's an aftermarket stereo- no need for tapping into anything).

Did you leave any of the wires uncovered? Maybe the remote is grounding out.

Check all your fuses before taking anything in.

That's all I can offer for now.

I have the Stock head unit in my car. I have 2 JL 12w3v2 subs with a JL 500/1 amp. The people that installed the system tapped into a wiring harness under the steering wheel? Think about your floorboard...ride beside the clutch you have that foot rest thing, well beside that you have a trim panel right there and if you pull that out you will see a bunch of wires of assortment of colors, well they Just snipped 3 of them and spliced them together and had an attatchment hooked to the splice for the cables running into my amp. the cables that were tapped were for the RCA cables and the remote wire. when i was down there looking around the splices were still in good contact with each other so who knows. I will find out in tomorrow I guess.

I guess I will have to take it to HiFi Buys to get it re installed correctly once all of this is figured out. I definately wont be taking it back to traffic jams in buford, Ga. Unless anyone else here in the GA area knows a good trustworthy installer...
Old 09-09-2006, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I need help... My stock stereo is hooked up to my 2 10" subs with 1200wat amp. all installed by cartoys. When am sitting it sounds fine and when i start moving the bass gets a lot louder and doesnt sound too good. but if am sitting and hit the gas in park or neutral the bass doesnt change. I need help on what is going on. Does SCion stock stereo have a road noise inside the stereo or is it the battery, alternator, not enough power or what???? Someone help....
Old 09-09-2006, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Matty2Hotty07TC
I need help... My stock stereo is hooked up to my 2 10" subs with 1200wat amp. all installed by cartoys. When am sitting it sounds fine and when i start moving the bass gets a lot louder and doesnt sound too good. but if am sitting and hit the gas in park or neutral the bass doesnt change. I need help on what is going on. Does SCion stock stereo have a road noise inside the stereo or is it the battery, alternator, not enough power or what???? Someone help....
im not sure what it is called but Our radio has a feature where it will turn up the volume a little bit when you get up to speed and the road/wind noise picks up. maybe that is it? Maybe the settings you have it set on is ok at a certain volume but when it gets passed a certain point it will get a little distorted and thats where that "auto volume control" comes into play. Making it that much louder distorts it??

I believe there is a way to turn that up or down. im not sure how tho.

Hopefully that makes some kinda sense?
Old 09-09-2006, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by hayalex6
you know you can have subs and not listen to rap right?

I never listen to rap, but I love having my subs add that little bit of bass with rock or trance.
Rocks and Trance rocks!!