Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default pontiac stealin tc style?

i kno that many ppl say that tc took many ideas from many cars..but the new pontiac has got the same tails and same roof..ive never seen a panoramic roof until my tc..ne1 else see this?
Old 09-11-2004, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I see it a tad. The G6's sunroof folds into 3 pieces though. tC don't. I see the tails a little bit. Wait until the G6 Coupe comes out then you can judge.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Which has been in development longer?
Old 09-11-2004, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The G6 don't you remember the concept car????
Old 09-11-2004, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member

This car has had the panoramic glass roof for a couple years I think. Haven't you seen these things buzzing around? They're thick as flies here.

I don't see the tC's resemblance to the G6, though. The G6 is a sadly grotesque car--looks just like a Pontiac.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member

The roof on the Mercedes c230 ( shown in the post above) is so similar to the tC that I think Toyota got the Idea from them and is using the same supplier or same plans for parts. On the Mercedes the panorama moonroof is an option for around $1300.

The G6 does look like the tC in pictures because you can't tell that the size is very different. On the Pontiac web site there is a picture, an angled shot that accentuates the tail, that looks a lot like an azure pearl tC. It is , however, a much bigger car and the nose is very different.

Roy
Old 09-11-2004, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member

saw a rear 3/4 pic of a silver G6 today in one of my car mags and immediately thought "wtf, a 4-door tC?!" and then I read the text at the bottom. It does look very similar from that angle.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes.. the mercedes was out long before the tC.. i can see where scion got the idea initially from.. wouldn't doubt if it was the same supplier to mercedes..

and the pontiac? yeah i think they might have copied the showcar of the tC.. but hey.. i've seen pontiac copy other things before.. didn't mean it was any quality!!
Old 09-12-2004, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ght=pontiac+g6
Other cars the tC has been compared to:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ght=pontiac+g6
Old 09-13-2004, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you guys do know that Pontiac and Toyota merged into one company. there's a toyota assembly plant in fremont, california that has the assembly line for both the Toyota Matrix and Pontiac Vibe.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TeeCee
you guys do know that Pontiac and Toyota merged into one company. there's a toyota assembly plant in fremont, california that has the assembly line for both the Toyota Matrix and Pontiac Vibe.
Not quite right asthey are not one company. They do share the designs and part for the Matrix and the Vibe because it was a joint venture.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrafficinLA
Not quite right asthey are not one company. They do share the designs and part for the Matrix and the Vibe because it was a joint venture.
i see so the news/rumor that Pontiac and Toyota merging is not true then?
Old 09-14-2004, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

not at all. They've shared designs for years. The Matrix/Vibe, Corolla/Prism and Corolla/Nova back in the 80's. They would not, and likely could not merge. The two largest automakers in the world merging would not go over well as far as antritrust laws.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MunchE
not at all. They've shared designs for years. The Matrix/Vibe, Corolla/Prism and Corolla/Nova back in the 80's. They would not, and likely could not merge. The two largest automakers in the world merging would not go over well as far as antritrust laws.
Also the Cavaliers where sold as toyotas in parts of Asia , so what was that mixed with on toyotas end? Do some toyota cars get sold as GM cars in other parts of the world?
Old 09-14-2004, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Holy, just checked out the photo gallery of the G6 on pontiac's site. God that thing is ugly. In the commercial I thought it wasnt bad, but eww.

*Stubby antenna right in the front center of the roof. Oh yeah, that looks good.
*Tri folding moonroof. Lots of potential for problems, not to mention they all angle downwards nicely. I'll be waiting on someone to open it with water on it and have it all pour down on top of them.
*I dont know about the rest of you, but all red dash lighting is fugly to me.

However, the exterior does have much nicer lines than most other domestics, so I am glad for tha. Though they have a long way to go to catch up to imports in style terms.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rear looks really really similar

I mean it is a PONTIAC...... still ugly design and still catching up with modern designs by copying..

well only problem I have is people who don't know much about cars may think this car is 4 door version of our TC, and our TC's reputation may defiled by pontiacs problems and ugliness.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ooopsij
rear looks really really similar

I mean it is a PONTIAC...... still ugly design and still catching up with modern designs by copying..

well only problem I have is people who don't know much about cars may think this car is 4 door version of our TC, and our TC's reputation may defiled by pontiacs problems and ugliness.
im not too worried about that... everyone who see's my car either knows about the tC or doesn't even know scion is made by toyota
Old 09-16-2004, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i cant say i like it much but i wouldnt have mind being in oprahs audience few days ago..
Old 09-17-2004, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I beleive the G6 is using the same chassis as the tC hence the similar look. The tails really do look the same, but one thing is for sure, the car isn't using a Toyota motor. I heard one start and it's the same GM crap as usual. GM is getting smarter and using better platforms fort heir cars since they couldn't do it themselves. Here is an interesting tidbit of info though, The Vibe is the car being sold in Japan as a Volto. NOt the Matrix as it doesn't look as sporty.