2005-2010 [ANT10]

Scion tC Spec Package Pricing Released

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I think its smart... why pay for the rims when your gonna switch em... Its like getting a Acura... But instead of getting the LS your getting the RS Lighter but the same car as the other. This way you dont pay for the stuff you need.

Its smart idea really... Sales are gonna go up even more
Old 05-24-2006, 10:41 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i known that they were coming out with a cheap tC i would of waited and gottin one
Old 05-25-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Not me.....I would have paid the difference for the roof........just my opinion........the wheels are in my storage for future use as well as choice other parts.......but to me, the sunroof being motorized would have been worth. Unless this one came with atleast a manual crank roof, I would not be interested.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by rchan928
Aside from the new Spec Package, the tC carries over for 2007 with updated seat fabric, a sun visor with a sliding extension and a tire
pressure monitoring system.
Ok, the seat frabric, thats something new but like someone said earlier, don't we already have the tire pressure system ( I got it in my o5 Model too, not just o6) because my sisters IS250 has the same system, yet it won't tell u the numbers cuz I hear they actually want you to get out and check ALL FOUR wheels to make sure pressure in all are correct or some mumbo jumbo like that. (its a safety precaution so they want u to get out and check or something?)
And does anyone know what this sun visor with a sliding extension is? Is this extension where the rear panel glass opens? I was confused with that. ThankS!
Alright, the tire pressure monitor system will be slightly more sophisticated than previous models. It uses a valve/transmitter built into the wheel that incorporates a pressure sensor. The old one sensed variances in wheel speed as evidence of low tire pressure. The sliding sun visor extension is built into the front flip-down visors. You slide it out when the sun is between your visors, right over the rearview mirror. It's a great thing to have. It's like having a longer visor. Hope this helps.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't see anything wrong with a $15k tC.

Why do tC owners get all defensive? If your tC is the "fully loaded" model, good for you. What's the problem if someone rocks steelies. Only makes your car better. Different trim levels are a good thing. Some people want the car or bodystyle, but don't want 17" rims or a moonroof.

I don't care about a moonroof, and if I want rims I'll pick 'em out myself.

-THE DON
Old 05-26-2006, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ScionBandit
Originally Posted by bBlover
I think itd be cool to see on the road. Stock or modified.
it looks like a tC
I know. I have this thing called a tC in my garage @ home. well I wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like stock. Wouldn't it have special badging or somethin? No pics of this thing? The Spec doesn't have Hubcaps, just steelies.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I didnt like this idea at first. But in reality they arent going to build enough of them for it to even be a blip on the Scion radar. When these cars roll around you wont even notice it. It will simply look like another hooked up tC assuming the owner puts some rims on it. When you blow past a tC at 40-60MPH are you really going to notice the roof doesnt have two small lines across it in the glass? I doubt it. I would love to sell one of these but Im not going to introduce the idea to just any customer. Scion will be screening these customers. I like that. The car isnt intended for people who want a tC but dont want to pay 17-18K for it. After thinking about the idea and seeing what they have done with it Im starting to like the tC Spec Package. Perhaps I will sell my xB and pick one up to start fresh with a clean canvas...
Old 05-27-2006, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seriously guys, if you think this spec package is so much different than the regular tC because of all the weight removed. And if you really think its some great design.

Drive to my house, or i'll meet you at yours. $50 and about an hour later, i will remove the motor for the roof, and install steelies on your car and you will have pretty much a spec tC minus the different fabric on the seats and badging.

..But i will have to screen you for it to make sure your not doing this just for the bragging rights.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, don't get me wrong either. The spec tc is okay in theory, but to try and say people have to be screened to have this is kind of overboard, and to say this will be the performance version of the tc or it can handle better, or whatever, is possibly the worst replies yet.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
They don't have a metal roof, therefore they would have had to fabricate one, and then engineer an assembly technique. re-engineering = expensive, taking out the tracks and motors = cheap.
Actually, considering that the tC was derived from the Toyota Avensis sold in Europe and Australia, it shouldn't be that hard to not cut a hole in the roof .
Old 05-27-2006, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by superbeast406
Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
They don't have a metal roof, therefore they would have had to fabricate one, and then engineer an assembly technique. re-engineering = expensive, taking out the tracks and motors = cheap.
Actually, considering that the tC was derived from the Toyota Avensis sold in Europe and Australia, it shouldn't be that hard to not cut a hole in the roof .
Bodys are completely different, only thing thats the same is the chasis, which isn't 100% identical.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the fixed roof glass is bonded to the body, it will also increase the stiffness of the body slightly! I haven't seen one in person yet, so I don't know if it is, but Toyota windshields and rear windows are, so it probably is.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^^ It is. The glass mounts just like the front and rear pieces do...
Old 05-29-2006, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Just my 2 cents, but I dont really like this idea myself. I too fear ghetto scions rolling around, and lets face it, if you really want to do it right with a car the $1,800 that you save is just a drop in the bucket. Furthermore, what they take out is not going to make that much of a difference, and for such a small savings, It does not seem like a good idea to me. I think that what we will get are people who wanted a scion but found the Tc slightly out of their price range, and with the drop in price youre gonna see people with Tc's and spinning hub-caps from Wal-Mart or something.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i think Scion is heading to the wrong way.... by takin power window and rims off doesn't increase performace.... in my opinion, they should make this spec wid more things that are harder to get at the market..... not jus rims and power window less.....
BUT.... its a good idea, especially when ppl like me (mod bugs constantly biteing me)..... and its CHEAPER..... lolz....
Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

stupid.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is a great compromise to allow dealerships to continue to rip off consumers, and get around Pure Pricing without the threat of being sued for False Advertizing.

A dealership can now put whatever rims they want on that tC, and sell it with overpriced, knock-off rims. They were doing that before, illegally, but Scion did not stop them.

This is absolutely disappointing. Scion is bending over and letting the Dealerships dictate what they produce, instead of continuing to sell true, pure-priced cars.

Instead, they're allowing the sale of stripped editions of a car that is supposed to come fully loaded stock, for almost no consumer savings.

This is garbage, this is a joke.

I know where this came from, though. About a year ago, I was invited to one of those 'new model' opinion surveys for Scion, and paid $100.00 cash.

We went through a few cubicle-divided rooms, looked at concept pictures of other cars. One of the opinion questions asked was about a non-functional, single pane glass roof.

I assumed at the time I was helping Scion decide what to put in the new Scion model. I guess, instead, I was helping Scion decide it's OK to allow dealerships to continue lying to, price gouging, and ripping off consumers, under the guise of "Pure Pricing."
Old 06-24-2006, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Never in a million years did I think that my stock rims would look good compared to another set of wheels...
Old 06-24-2006, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Somnambulated
This is a great compromise to allow dealerships to continue to rip off consumers, and get around Pure Pricing without the threat of being sued for False Advertizing.

A dealership can now put whatever rims they want on that tC, and sell it with overpriced, knock-off rims. They were doing that before, illegally, but Scion did not stop them.
From a scion dealer employee standpoint,
the dealerships itself does not decide what features comes with the TC.
Either the factory or the future owner of the TC dictates what features comes with the car.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:58 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Somnambulated

I just purchased a 2007 Super White Spec edition, I took pictures of it today coming off the trailer and I will upload them...the car looks awesome. and I took the extra money and bought some black 19's with chrome lip.. I like the idea of the car, I plan on replacing most of the factory mods and this puts me one step closer! I cant wait to pick it up!

Quick Reply: Scion tC Spec Package Pricing Released