2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC pros and cons?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 07:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tC pros and cons?

Hey everyone I usually don't come here... but if you read my post in the xB forum:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45687

you'll understand why...

anyhow from you guys who have had the tC for a while i just want to know what you feel the pros and cons of the car is... and whether its worth getting, as well as getting a different perspective on the issue within the above link (obviously the xB forum will tend to have a certain bias).
Old 02-06-2005, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member

Here's a recent Pro/Cons thread that us Tc owners went through.. Maybe this will help a bit..

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44534
Old 02-06-2005, 09:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

they'res been a dozen and more threads on the pros and cons of tc owners, and while I like the xB, if my parents said they'd give me a brand new car that's worth a couple grand more than the car I'm already driving for a trade, I'd jump on that quicker than my heart would skip a beat.

seriously, get the tC and give them the box, otherwise they're going to with a different brand or an xA (eww) and scions are really great cars. Keep it real. Get a tC. It's not like it's just going to vanish into thin air, it's right there for you to mod all you want and drive it all you want. If you regret the decision that bad, tell them you want your car back and tell them they can have the TC. If you keep the box they're going to get something crappy. The TC is an incredible car for the money, the best you'll find for the price. period. whatever else they get won't compare unless they get something more expensive, and they're considering a sentra 1.8l over a TC? are you kidding me? if they're willing to pay the extra 3 grand (16465 opposed to 13280) the difference in cars is like night and day. a Sentra is like the civic of honda or the cavalier of Chevy. bottom of the barrel baby. I've been questioned in my tc of driving an Infinity, a Lexus, and Acura and at the very least a toyota which isn't far off. Do it, you'll be much happier if you do.

Granted, the box is good for looks, maybe hauling stuff around but with the seats folded down and over 60 cubic feet of space gives it a run for the money with even all the seats removed out of the box (just over 80 feet). The TC is the best all around car for the money. nuff' said
Old 02-06-2005, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if my parents said they'd give me a brand new car that's worth a couple grand more than the car I'm already driving for a trade, I'd jump on that quicker than my heart would skip a beat.
I should probably add that my '05 xB is only a month and a few days old (got it for christmas ... sorta). the tC is more expensive... but it will also cost me more. They would want me to make up some of the cost AND insurance premiums would be higher.

However, you are right about the tC being an incredible value... and I love the little amenities like the reclining back seat (I give a lotta rides), standard moon roof, alloy wheels... and your point does make a lot of sense.

whatever else they get won't compare unless they get something more expensive, and they're considering a sentra 1.8l over a TC? are you kidding me? if they're willing to pay the extra 3 grand (16465 opposed to 13280) the difference in cars is like night and day. a Sentra is like the civic of honda or the cavalier of Chevy. bottom of the barrel baby.
The only reason to go with another brand (or the xA) is to save money. My parents are partial to nissans (for some reason), and the difference is pretty big around here.. Before tax and dest and all the other charges, the difference is actually closer to 5 grand, 12,500 (incentives) vs 17,265 (Auto tranny on both... otherwise I'd never be able to swap back with my parents). Also, note that its the sentra 1.8S model, the medium trim level (power everything etc), not the stripped down one. Bottom of the barrel (a civic really!?) maybe, but it'd be my parents driving it, and they would like it well enough (little things like MPG matter to them... hence the xA, gas here is about $2.15 per gal).

You aren't wrong though.. its really the fact that the tC holds so much value for the price that my parents even consider it.. even though its well out of the range of what they would like to spend.