Was What I Did Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Default Was What I Did Wrong?

So yesterday I leave work (in ATL) and get out to my car, I see a car I've never seen before parked next to mine so I do the usual brief body check around the car, no dings that I first see.

I open the door and get in and guess what my mirror is now hanging but the wire at this point I'm like WTF! They put my mirror back up but didn't leave contact info, and had the b@lls to still park next to me!!!!

I look more closely and there I see a ding exactly where that persons rear door would open to. I think point I'm looking to make sure he/she didn't hit me anywhere else, nope, but I see a lot of stuff in his/her back seat. So I assume they were getting stuff out of the back and wacked my car w/thier door and then broke my mirror getting by my car (small stalls).

At this point I think: should I call the cops, wait 4-5 hours for them to show up, probably not even catch the person who did this, and end up paying for the mirror anyway... or tear off his/her mirror. I did the later.

Obvisouly this was the wrong thing to do but was it justified???
Old 07-10-2007, 10:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

oh needless to say I parked somewhere else today...
Old 07-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Justified, no. Right, no. Understandable, yes.

Tom
Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

fair enough I guess.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member

You were wrong.Why lower yourself to his level.Did your mirror get fixed by your actions?NO.Was he or she wrong for not coming forward?YES
Old 07-10-2007, 11:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

an eye for an eye... right,lol. I have a bad temper when it comes to stuff like that. I probably woulda done the same. But that doesn't make it "right"
Old 07-10-2007, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by kidtc
You were wrong.Why lower yourself to his level.Did your mirror get fixed by your actions?NO.Was he or she wrong for not coming forward?YES
well yes your right but atleast this way I know they're paying for their actions, so it's a lose lose for both of us and not just me
Old 07-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

What kind of car and condition?
Old 07-10-2007, 12:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Would have done the same. I inspect my car like you do and if there is damage that can be seen by the car next to me they are getting the same or worse back.

Good for you!! I'm tired of people being pansy asses and trying to act like they are above this sort of thing. Darwins Law "the strong survive". Show me respect and you'll get the same, if not, again you'll get the same.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member

It has nothing to do with being a pansy ___.I grew up on the Northside of Minneapolis
VERY rough part of town and im no pansy ___.I understand his frustration(i would be mad as hell)I just dont think it is a very mature way to handle this situation.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Max
What kind of car and condition?
some mid 90's Ford it looked so-so for it's age...
Old 07-10-2007, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

It has nothing to do with being a pansy butt.I grew up on the Northside of Minneapolis
VERY rough part of town and im no pansy butt.I understand his frustration(i would be mad as hell)I just dont think it is a very mature way to handle this situation.
I was the first to admit it was wrong and i know it wasn't mature but I don't expect to keep doing these kind of things when I'm in my 40's either.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member

I stand corrected.When i was your age i probably would have lit his car on fire
and waited for him to come out and kick his a$$

I forget about the generation gap sometimes.Sorry
Old 07-10-2007, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I wouldn't have done it. Not worth the trouble it could bring just for a mirror.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

BAd karma.........what were you thinking..........

when I was your age I would of probably done worse..........nto that I am admitting to anything.......
Old 07-10-2007, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i woulda called the cops, and waited for them to come, or wait for the person to come out to get their info. they gotta come to their car sometime. but in the mean time i woulda took pictures, wrote down the tag and vin number of the car. but i dont think breaking their mirror was the right thing to do

when i was 19 my car was keyed from the front fender all the way to the tail lights. i know exactly who did it, but i didnt seek revenge... cause where would it get it? no where besides i know i just beat up a kid thats half the size of me
Old 07-10-2007, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

The cops here are could care less and wouldn't do anything but make me wait for them to say there's nothing we can do, and even if I waited all the person would do is deny it. The bad karma was on them, not me.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BigMURR
It has nothing to do with being a pansy butt.I grew up on the Northside of Minneapolis
VERY rough part of town and im no pansy butt.I understand his frustration(i would be mad as hell)I just dont think it is a very mature way to handle this situation.
I was the first to admit it was wrong and i know it wasn't mature but I don't expect to keep doing these kind of things when I'm in my 40's either.
This is the difference. You at least have a concious about doing something wrong and it shows by making a post and being judged by your peers. The jackass that damaged your car had no care in the world for you as they just walked away.

IMO you have nothing to feel guilty about. Your car sounds nicer so you are still out more.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Being the better person sounds well and good on paper but real life is not that easy as I'm sure you're aware of. Sometimes the gloves come off and all the political correctness gets thrown out the door and in this case I see where that applies.

A simple note and apology by the person that did the damage is all that anyone can ask for. If that were the case and BigMURR acted like a jerk than we would be having a different conversation.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

^^exactly why I did it, if they left a note with some info and a sorry I would first thank god, then have a nice convo with them, but they didn't own up to their mistakes which is the norm today.

Quick Reply: Was What I Did Wrong?