Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Performance? Lowering?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Performance? Lowering?

IS there a difference... between performace springs or lowering springs?

if there is ... if there isnt.. i would like to know...HELP

and either way i wanna lower the center of gravity im gonna be using my tC as an everyday car i want an agressive look with some nice cornering also... but i dont want to lower my car and have to drive 2 Mph everywhere except probably the freeway.. do you guys get me? I heard Eibach are really good froma guy who does air-ride suspension... but i also want to save money .. ive seen goldline springs and ive seen the Eibach pro kit ans sportline(i think its called) but yeah the price difference is big... but am i better off paying extra for the Eibachs...

All info is great.. my scion members have been good to me so far, I havent been involded in Oh waht a newbie question dispute so lets keep it that way.. strictly for helping others and not puttin them down .... HIGHSCHOOL is OVER lets keep it that way... so thanks in advance like i said Any info would be greatly appreciated..

PEACE
Old 05-04-2005, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a focus before the tC and everyone would always get Eibach springs because they said they were the best quality and that they spend a lot of time designing the springs so that the ride quality is improved for cornering and the ride quality is not bouncy.

From what I remember, there's a Prokit, and Sportline. The sportlines would provide a lower ride height with improved cornering, and the Prokit would lower the car less but the cornering was better. I dont know if that helps or not...

The way I see it, The Eibach Pro-Kit would be performance springs because they only lower the car about an inch and their purpose is for better cornering more than looks. The Sportlines would be more of Lowering springs cause you can lower the car almost 2 inches and, yes it provides the car with better cornering due to its lower center of gravity, but mostly it's just a looks thing

If I get springs for my tC, I will go for Eibach Sportlines.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Most performance springs are also lowering springs. You could have lowering springs that aren't performance springs, but, for the most part, aftermarket springs will be both lowering springs and performance springs. They're just labels really.

You should look around the board and see what people have to say about their springs. Some will lower more, some will be stiffer, some will really need different struts, some can use stock struts.

In general, the more the spring lowers the car, the more likely you are to need different struts. Also, the lower the spring, the more likely the ride will be less comfortable. Not to say a stock-height spring couldn't be very stiff and uncomfortable, but very low lowering springs take away a lot of suspension travel, so they have to increase the spring rate to keep the suspension from bottoming out.

I've had the TRD springs for more than 6 months and I love them. The handling is improved, the car is better contolled at high speeds over dips in the highway, it looks good and the ride quality is not substantially diminished.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont know if this would really apply to a tC but...

When i had the focus, the eibach springs would work with stock suspension components, you didnt need new shocks or anything like that. But the focus had a different suspension set up, not the normal McPhereson (sp?) setup...
Old 05-05-2005, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks alot Jason and Darness.... you both cleared up alot... and im greatful .. now you guys have to wait to see WHAT MOVES ME...... ahah

im thinking eibach cause i need to save some money .. if anyone comes across some or any springs that are good... pm me.. thanx again

PEACE
Old 05-10-2005, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We offer the following spring kits for your tC:

Eibach Prokit, Avg low 1.4"F 1.4"R @ $223.00 *

H & R Sport Spring, Avg low 1.4"F 1.3"R @ $221.00*

H & R Race Spring, Avg low 2.0"F 1.6"R @ $232.00*

Hotchkis Sport Spring Set, Avg low 1.7"F 1.9"R @ $166.00*

Hotchkis TVS Stage 1 Kit, Kit includes sport springs and sport anti-roll bars @ $435.00*

* Plus shipping.

For more information, and to place your order, please visit our site at:

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=DJ1&...sion/index.jsp