Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Scion tC Tein h-tech S-Tech Springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member

Default Scion tC Tein h-tech S-Tech Springs

hey i was reviewin few articles on the Scion tC Tein h-tech S-Tech Springs and then i saw the Scion tC Tein SS Super Street Coilovers and wanted to know what the difference is perhaps "coilovers" is the whole suspension package for instance springs, sway bar, shock set and such, and if it is worth purchasing is the ss super street coilovers worth the extra cash or would the basic work well enough you wont use the extra adjustments that the other offers just would like your input and opinions on these packages and which is rather worth it
Old 12-16-2004, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tein H-tech is very close to the TRD specs. It's a subtle drop, about 1" and rides slightly firmer. The s-tech is like progress, H&R, goldline, and hotchkis. They all lower the car between 1.5-2.2 inches, and provide a more sporty ride.

The SS suspension, "super street" is the ultimate. It offers adjustable dampening and ride hieght, allowing you to fine tune your car. Great for the track, or a massive drop if you're worried about blowing stock struts. Only downside is it's more money.

H-Tech - OEM look, easily driveable, enhanced appearance.
S-Tech - Sport look, more cautious over bumps and dips, improved handling.
SS Coilovers - Race look. Go as low as you want with the settings you want. Handle like a champ and be without a big wad of money.

That's my input haha..

Until more suspensions (coilovers) come out, I went with the H&R suspension. They're ISO certified. ISO is a certification only needed in Germany. It hasd much higher standards and produces phenominal quality in both ride and handling. The springs are red, they cost about 2-230. I'm waiting for KWs or H&R coilovers.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

h&r's are great springs for any car but i would need a much larger drop on a tc like the s tech's what is it 2.4 front drop? nice!
Old 12-16-2004, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
h&r's are great springs for any car but i would need a much larger drop on a tc like the s tech's what is it 2.4 front drop? nice!

Yes 2.4 Front 1.9 Rear