Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TB Performance: Under Body Bracing... yeah we got em!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The problem I'm having is that my car is really low and the roads around the base like to have mountain top entry ways. Literally triangle tops. Once you reach the peak it'll go straight down once you've entered a parking lot of some sort. Definitely going to be tearing the front one off. I might just have to settled for just the rears.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Seriously though...you got roads like this everywhere on the base. Hell at least the pavement is smooth in this picture. Our roads have those sloppy waves in them because the contractors did not do a good job planning. That's what happens with our government spending. Not to mention we got armored personnel carriers and big ___ trucks (humvee's and one tons) driving on the same roads we drive on with our POV's (privately owned vehicles)

Old 12-23-2013, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those are some crazy driveways!! WTF
Old 01-16-2014, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just placed my order for the Stage 2 setup!!
Old 01-16-2014, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Woohoo! Me too!
Old 01-16-2014, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I mean I got the stage 1. CORRECTION
Old 01-18-2014, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone running these with hotchkis sway bars? I'm thinking of picking up the stage 1 kit.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didint even see these for the tc on their page. only thing i seen was the one for the trunk
Old 01-26-2014, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

It's on their page. Click on the link below.

http://www.tbperformanceproducts.com/scion-tc1.php
Old 02-03-2014, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DigitalPro
Just placed my order for the Stage 2 setup!!
Still haven't received these yet, buyer beware you wont get them right away.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:46 PM
SL Member

I would like to apologize for the delay that your order had Digital. How quickly orders get out depends on how busy we are, the week you ordered we had over 60 products get ordered in a 3 day span so we were working our tails off to get them out as quick as can be. Sometimes orders go out next day. It just depends on if we have any in stock and how busy we get. If you have any further questions/concerns regarding your order feel free to shoot us an email and we can discuss it :D
Old 02-03-2014, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DigitalPro
Still haven't received these yet, buyer beware you wont get them right away.
Sorry man, my shorts posts come off badly sometimes, I'm patient and can wait till there get here. I knew these would be "pay to build" braces and would take time to receive but wanted others not to go bashing when they didn't receive them in a few days.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I received my set last week. Going to sand them down and repaint them or just leave them black like they came. It took a little longer to be shipped but they notified me of the situation.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
I received my set last week. Going to sand them down and repaint them or just leave them black like they came. It took a little longer to be shipped but they notified me of the situation.
Take a look at the holes where the chassis bolts go through the braces and make sure there clean and free of any welding debris. It also looks like they drill or press the holes which leaves behind metal debris and will interfere with the chassis bolt sitting flush. It's takes about 10 minutes to cleanup with a dremel and a quick repaint your ready to install. I will report back in a couple months with any changes to the braces being installed on my TC.

Last edited by DigitalPro; 02-17-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah I noticed the debris in the holes as well. I also noticed that the metal where the mounting holes are not centered on at least one side. I hope that doesn't interfere with the installation. I bought the stage 1 kit from them. As for painting I know the best way is to sand down, primer and paint but I was wondering if there is another reliable way to paint over crinkle/crackle paint on metal?

Name:  DSC00310.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  41.1 KB

Name:  DSC00309.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  27.2 KB
Old 02-13-2014, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As for the mounting under the car, the rear strut tower brace in the trunk area has the only flat mounting surface, under the car might be a problem if you don't plan to re-torque them occasionally.

For the repaint, I used Krylon flat black 10 minute quick dry in one heavy coat and I didn't bubble the crackle paint. It's a chance you take when your spraying over with a different type of paint, just try your paint in a small area.

Last edited by DigitalPro; 02-17-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah my thoughts were the same as well. I wouldn't want to have to retorque any of these ever so often especially with the front under brace having uneven mounting holes.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, as I suspected the trunk brace mounting points deformed after just one week. Trunk brace metal seemed a little thin for the span across the trunk to support the rear struts. The trunk brace is the longest of the 3 braces TB produces for the TC1 and should be a little thicker, I snapped a pic on the rear underbody which looks fine. I will try to get a pic of the front underbody brace soon. Where's Dan from TB.

TRUNK STRUT BRACE
Name:  photo_zpse14b297b.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  124.3 KB

REAR UNDERBODY BRACE
Name:  photo1_zpsff678238.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  101.2 KB

Last edited by DigitalPro; 02-17-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:42 PM
SL Member

o woaah! Digital! weve never seen deformation actually occur on that brace! thats actually really exciting. Looks like you are really putting it to the test, but we will for sure make some changes to that piece. First Let me explain that this product has offset cups for clearance on some of the older TC models. This means that the cup is NOT centered on the brace, it is off to one side so for any of you wondering why the cup isnt centered that is why lol. Ill explain a little as to the material choice there. we went with the industry standard .065" thickness(most steel braces are constructed of .065 whereas most of ours...especially underbraces get .120) for clearance with the metal tab located there. On our test mule we didnt see deformation of the metal so we went into production(several weeks later his car was totaled as well) anyway, we will for sure beef up those cups with some .120 wall like the lower braces. oh and to clear up the uneven cup issue...as long as the cups are within spec we send them out. the spec is measured to be where the act of bolting the hardware and torquing down will actuall resituate the flushness of the bottom. thats why in your private message we told you itd be no problem at all now obviously if one of those was way off itd cause problems and wed take care of you but the particular example is fine As for paint. the coating we use is paint safe so go ahead and spray what youd like over the top with no sanding needed one of the huge advantages of this coating as well as its rust resistance hope that clarifies everything for you all and thank you for the feedback. any chance we get to refine our products even more is something we savor.

REVISION 2/17/2014!
Here is the revision we have made for the trunk brace end cups. we went from .065" to .120 wall thickness to reinforce the area and protect from deformation sorry for the grainy picture. just snapped one off of my phone real quick
Name:  IMG_20140217_140016.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  58.8 KB

Last edited by TB_Performance_Products; 02-17-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the reply, BTW my car is a Daily Driver and I don't push it hard or track it.

Last edited by DigitalPro; 02-17-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Quick Reply: TB Performance: Under Body Bracing... yeah we got em!