Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Thoughts about Megan Coil's???

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 06:38 AM
SL Member

Default Thoughts about Megan Coil's???

any one know how good the Megan coils are

ex: using for daily driving to improve handling and lowering a moderate amount not slamming???
Old 01-25-2011, 10:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i will tell you that alot of people are quick to talk ish about them before they actually try something. i guess its because they arnt over priced or the name brand or somethin. but i have had them on my car for quite some time now. i have done a good amount of autox and alot of spirited driving, to me the spring rates are good, i like the fact that they have camber plates which some of the more expensive ones have to be purchased separately. if your planning on dropping your car to the ground so your dragging the frame aint gonna happen tho. i must say this was my favorite investment on my car next to tires.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:42 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by speedintc
i will tell you that alot of people are quick to talk ish about them before they actually try something. i guess its because they arnt over priced or the name brand or somethin. but i have had them on my car for quite some time now. i have done a good amount of autox and alot of spirited driving, to me the spring rates are good, i like the fact that they have camber plates which some of the more expensive ones have to be purchased separately. if your planning on dropping your car to the ground so your dragging the frame aint gonna happen tho. i must say this was my favorite investment on my car next to tires.

how is your ride comfert on daily driving???

Im going to be running the axis sport apexs 17x8's all around so I wanna drop it about 1 3/4 front and 1 1/2 in rear with a 5 axis lip so Im trying to work all these numbers out to see if it'll look clean without rubbing issues or camber issues and to low issues
Old 01-25-2011, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you will be perfectly fine im on dg spec enkei rpf1s 17x8.5 with i think 30 or 40 offset i cant remember running 225-45-17 but in the spring goin to 255-40-17. and i ride around with them set to full stiff in the rear and i think 5 or 7 clicks softer in the front. you never kno wen your gonna run up on an impressive road. ive only ridden one time with the damping softened up a little but its not harsh or anything. let me see if i can find a picture of my car with them on.