Notices

quit griping about the BRIDGESTONES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default quit griping about the BRIDGESTONES!!!

it's crazy, everybody runs down the bridgestones.....if the car came with yokos, then everyone would be saying......man, you've got to switch to bridgestones......get real!! the potenza is a $130 dollar tire, at least! they have potenzas on acuras.........you can't seriously think that bridgestones are that bad. ANY TIRE WILL LOSE GRIP IF THE SITUATION IS RIGHT. Read more and you'll find that tires of all makes and models are prone to this. People with $200 BF Goodrichs have gone through similar circumstances. quit blaming everything on the tires!!!! I feel like freakin' Napoleon Dynamite here......just want to stand up and say GOSH!!! enough already.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

either way , they are garbage but will get the job done for most people. FYI trireack sells them for 170 each..thats more than a goodyear eagle F1 in the same size

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/OETire...cleSearch=true
Old 01-10-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i use to not pay much attention to tires, but i only have 14k miles and i can almost see the whole head of a penny !!!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

when u have 3 of them blow out within a year, that says alot about the quality of the tires...no racing or harsh driving done, 2 of them blew out while driving normal highway driving. and the other blew out getting off the off ramp from the highway.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Of course if it's a $130 tire it has to be great. Not.

Second to last out of 20-something similar tires:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=HPAS
Old 01-10-2006, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

They suck, I hate ours !!!!

Less than a year old & worn down alot.

The Good Years on the xB, are still perfect & that is coming from a good year hater. They are also not ran all year like the Tc was, but still they should not be that bad IMO.

Sorry dude they suck
Old 01-10-2006, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have the yokos and have no problems at all.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Those numbers are from a poll - not a scientific study.

Scott
Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have them on my saturn and my scion... had never used them when I put them on the saturn. They arent as terrible as some may say (some are amazed that you have less traction on rain and snow ), but I would never buy them again. They are more like $150 - $160 a piece... and perform like $60 a piece tires
Old 01-10-2006, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Originally Posted by slboettcher
Those numbers are from a poll - not a scientific study.
True, and a lot of them are probably biased because these tires came stock on the car, but from personal experience with auto-x, I drove my car with Potenzas and my buddy's car with Falken Ziex ($90/piece or something like that), and consistently got better times with Falkens on the same course. Both cars were on TRD springs and otherwise stock.

Potenzas are adequate for normal driving, but I wouldn't call them HPAS tires.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

they suck... it made me skid all the way through third gear in wet roads and i wasn't even trying...
Old 01-11-2006, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

well......sorry about some of your experiences........but I've put 10k on mine and they still look brand new, which is great considering these are not meant to be 75k tires. most low profile tires(which these are) don't last that long.....unless the treadwear rating is great
(I know about all the statistics). To me it just seems that all this hating comes back to this......the modder's moto.....nothing is ever good enough. if we've got 160 hp, we want 200. if we've got 200, we want 240.........and there is nothing wrong with that, just don't keep saying something totally sucks just because you want to go another way. Simply put----- NO, THE TIRES ARE NOT DRAG STRIP READY.........BUT NEITHER ARE THEY AS CRAPPY AS SOME MIGHT CLAIM.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

just to add......i drive on probably the worst roads in the country, so i think the tires are at least halfway decent.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The term would be spin through third gear;) A skid is sliding

dsilver, sorry buddy but compared to many tires on the market and to all the more expensive choices they are priced with, they are substandard tires at best.

The stock Yokos are not great but alot better. I changed to Kumho ASX for a major improvement right after I bought the car and did so knowing I was changing to wider wheels and higher perf tires really soon as I could not wait to get the Bridgestones off the car!!

One of the worst set of tires I have ever owned in 37+ years of driving, dozens of sets of tires, many many different vehicles, majority of it hauling **** too

Rick
Old 01-11-2006, 06:09 AM
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

ok....i will condede defeat as the last man on earth who's got bridgestone's back. If you speak from experience, i guess you speak the truth. perhaps my eyes will be open one day when i slide into the ditch with you guys.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was probably being a bit over zealous, probably because I just do not get why they would spec such a tire when better ones are available for less money, go figure eh!!

Compared to tires a couple of decades back, they are great tires!

BUT, compared to what is available on the market today, sub standard at best.

Not hating on Bridgestone, they do make some good tires, just need to be a bit more agressive in keeping up on all their lines.

Rick
Old 01-11-2006, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like Bridgetone Potenza's S-03's. Unfortunately, they cost around $350 a tire for my 240sx
Old 01-11-2006, 08:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

17" Stock Rims - Cool!
Stock Tires - eh? They're stock tires. What more could you expect from a car that starts at around $17K? I did notice quite a bit of handling difference when I switched out to Pirelli PZero Neros.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, I am definitely not with the "oh my god, I will go sliding off into a ditch with these tires!!!" crowd. They are not so great tires, but if you know how to drive in the wet and snow they will get you by (I live in the twin cities, so they have seen snow and ice without too much problem.. but I also grew up running 70 down county dirt roads in rwd cars so I can handle a bit of sliding). If they were $60 - $70 a piece I would give them more credit, but there are many cheaper tires than these that will run circles around them.

As for wear, they do ok, mine are at almost 30k and still have some to go, but I am looking at pirellis this summer most likely. I lost my winter car (gave it to my fiance after hers threw a rod) so I drive the tC all the time right now, but we are buying a third car, so I wont be concerned much with snow conditions next year since the tC will stay in the garage.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If my car came with Yokos, i would certainly not complain. I've been damn happy with my Falkens, i actually feel i can control the car and be safe, especially in the rain

Quick Reply: quit griping about the BRIDGESTONES!!!