Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

2016 Scion tC - Need help taking out the Passenger fender

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 08:16 AM

Default 2016 Scion tC - Need help taking out the Passenger fender

I need help to take out the passenger side fender. I have taken off the passenger side bumper and got the fender bracket off.
I know that there are some screws hidden behind the fender lining and skirt, but I can't figure out how to take those out.

Currently, I have taken all screws/taps but 2 'plastic taps' out of the fender liner. These 2 taps are located towards the seat of the car (oppose to the bumper). 1 is visible and 1 seems to be covered by the side skirt.
What are these taps? How do I take those off without breaking them? How can I reach the one covered by the side skirt?

And 2nd question, how do I remove the side skirt, just enough to get the fender out? I've looked on 2013 ALLDATA, but it doesn't mention any of the fender/liner/skirt removal.

Am I in the right removal order? Bumper -> Liner -> side skirt-> fender?

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Last edited by MR_LUV; 11-13-2018 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 11-14-2018, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why do you need to remove it? I've removed one on a 1g but not a 2g. Still should be a pretty straight-forward process.

Jack up the car.
Remove the wheel.
Look at all the pop-clips holding on the splash shield and remove them (pry the center section out first then pull the whole clip out from the base - trim removal tools help for these) - it should come out rather easy once all the little clips are removed.
Pop bumper off and side skirt if necessary.
Find all the bolts for the fender and remove it - you should be able to see all the bolts from either side of the fender. Might have to have the door open at 45 degrees or so to get the fender to come off to avoid damaging the door.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:29 PM
SL Member

Did you still need help? I took my fender off by loosening some screws on the skirt (open the door and look) and then its clips holding it in from under. Search up how to remove side skirts on a scion tC on Youtube. There's a video of a white tC (1st gen - but its basically the same). Once that's off, pry it out and you should be able to shove a ratchet in and grab the last bolt at the bottom.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just in case anyone needs to know how to remove the side skirt - I had to remove mine off my 2014 10 Series and this is the basic rundown:

1) Remove (4) screws at each end of the side skirt. 2 are facing the tire in each wheel well, 2 are screwed upside down from the side skirt into the frame of the car
2) Get a flat blade screw driver or trim piece and pop out the 8 or so "caps" that run the length of the bottom of the side skirt. Once these are all popped out, gently pull from the rear wheel forward to pull the side skirt out of the retaining clips.

I will take photos when re-installing my skirt after paint.