Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

EB60 (tC2 Bearing Kit?)

Old 03-15-2019, 07:14 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by areebashar23 View Post
So this is what the bearing looks like fresh outta the trans. Noticed some discoloration after I wiped it down with some brake cleaner but that might be due to applied hest in the removal process.

Heat on a bearing? Seems odd, but itís off. Does it feel grindy or spin slower than normal? The output bearing on mine- I could feel the rough spin. Anyways, you are on the way to fix the issue. Good job!
Old 03-19-2019, 11:49 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by MikelMykelz View Post

Heat on a bearing? Seems odd, but itís off. Does it feel grindy or spin slower than normal? The output bearing on mine- I could feel the rough spin. Anyways, you are on the way to fix the issue. Good job!
It wasn't smooth smooth as a bearing usually is, which I suppose would cause issues when it's whirring at 1000+ rooms. Now when I hit it with brake cleaner and spun it without any oil you could tell 100% something was off, it was a chattery mess that just sounded oh so bad ahha. Anyway update I got the new bearing ordered from the dealer (apparently only 4 in North America?). Coming in tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:14 AM
SL Member

Another update ladies and gents. I got the bearing and snap ring in. I went ahead and paid a local shop $20 to take the old bearing off, used said old bearing to push the new bearing on, and added the snap bearing on top. Fun thing I dropped 6th gear and its synchros etc. off while doing it so I had to figure that out too. Now getting to putting it all back together, lets hope I did this right!
Old 04-06-2019, 05:20 AM
SL Member

Everything back together and being put back into the car! I have yet to put the axles on and see if all is good!
Old 04-09-2019, 06:21 PM
SL Member

Alrighty, so everything back in and it's running great! No more supercharger sound! I'll be making a video in how I did it so make sure to find me on YouTube if you'd like some help out there, and hit me with a sub 😁

Search "Ashar Automotive"
Old 04-13-2019, 01:42 AM
SL Member

I knew you could be able to make it happen..
AND...So for those who donít wanna spend 5k on a transmission rebuild/ replacement...some of us can and could help ya all out!! Like what Absolutely Ab can, just seek out and find help!