Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

I need some Horsepower! :D

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Concur also with the wheels/tires. If you think spinning your tires is a great way to impress people, stick with stock. If you actually want performance, however, better tires are a must. These will grip better and thus you can accelerate more quickly, corner better, stop in an emergency better, etc. But now we're talking about $$$.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:57 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

this is probably the only MOD that will get you HP fast and on a super low budget...

Old 10-11-2011, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lmao ___ of that the sticker...but seriously if i had better tires(thinking of getting the continental dws got the best rating on uhp allseason) and put them on my motegi 19lb rims with the lightweight pulley i can put down 0-60 in 6 secs flat and 1/4 mile in 14.7secs which is what im aiming for..im trying to match up with a gti when it comes to the track and ill be happy with my car! then ill start suspension and cosmetics
Old 10-11-2011, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brichard0625
Lmao ___ of that the sticker...but seriously if i had better tires(thinking of getting the continental dws got the best rating on uhp allseason) and put them on my motegi 19lb rims with the lightweight pulley i can put down 0-60 in 6 secs flat and 1/4 mile in 14.7secs which is what im aiming for..im trying to match up with a gti when it comes to the track and ill be happy with my car! then ill start suspension and cosmetics
Go autox. It's a driver's race so if you're good you'll beat much faster cars. Harder than drag but much more rewarding.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish my parents bought me a brand new scion for my 16th bday...I had a '91 Buick Riviera
Old 10-11-2011, 11:34 PM
SL Member

Yeah guys i want rims and tires but thats alott of money. That i dont have maybe at the end of summer i might, but idk.. And im wanting to get a Weapon r secret intake with the ram air.yeah i was fortunate to get this car.. haha
Old 10-12-2011, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I waited until i needed new tires before i sprang for new wheels to go with them. get your money's worth out of the stock parts.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is what i did with my ram kit and i have to say it made a hell of a difference....i removed the cover from the foglight and stuck the tube out in the open..when ur hitting 60 and you punch it and all the air is sucking up into the intake the car feels alive, its almost scary lol... and the good part is if it rains i can put put the foglight cover back on and no worries! I havent ran numbers yet but im sure im hitting 80 in the 10 sec range and 100 in the 16 sec range now.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:56 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brichard0625
this is what i did with my ram kit and i have to say it made a hell of a difference....i removed the cover from the foglight and stuck the tube out in the open..when ur hitting 60 and you punch it and all the air is sucking up into the intake the car feels alive, its almost scary lol... and the good part is if it rains i can put put the foglight cover back on and no worries! I havent ran numbers yet but im sure im hitting 80 in the 10 sec range and 100 in the 16 sec range now.
Dude i had the same idea!! i was just thinking about doing that like 10 minutes ago before i got on the computer! how ironic!! OMG lol im defintately getting this you made me want it even more!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:08 AM
SL Member

Can you possibly post pics tommorrow during the day?
Old 10-12-2011, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sure....ill try and get some numbers up too and see what i get it
Old 10-12-2011, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2011TCfrenzy
I can say 180 hp isnt enough.. lol it seems SOOO slow in like 4th gear... like a CELICA blew past me today on the highway, it isnt as fun to drive as it could be at this point.. haha
Then you should have bought a Civic Si instead, or a slightly used RSX-S. Yea I know, the Scion looks better though...I hear ya.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

u dont start feeling anything till about 50-60mph and when all that wind is being forced its like holy crap..put it this way i had a cel come on from the headers when installed it and when i put this on it automatically disappeared and never came back on. I can only make cel go way with cel eliminator, and i took it off cuz i had feeling with the air coming thru it wud go away and sure enough it went away so this little mod did something!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:28 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by fistpoint
Then you should have bought a Civic Si instead, or a slightly used RSX-S. Yea I know, the Scion looks better though...I hear ya.
I didnt have a choice.. lol it was a birthday gift. and every time i ask my mom about getting a mod shes like be thankful for what you have!! And if i knew you were wanting to mod it this much i would have bought you a 1970's pinto.. im like geez mom what do you expect me to want to do! im 16 and have been passionate about cars since i could walk! and i have money so HELL YA im going to want to mod it! So yeah i may trade it for a civic si or rsx-s if i could..
Old 10-13-2011, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well... I'm not going to lie... if you're 16 and she bought you the car, you should probably just drive the car from point A to point B. The car is under her name and her insurance.

If you want to have a car you can mod without your parents telling you what to do, then it's pretty easy. Get a job, get your own car and do whatever you want with it.

As soon as I turned 16, my father told me to get my own car. I paid for it myself along with the insurance. Being from Naperville right outside of Chicago, it was hard watching kids at my high school show up in 5 series BMW and the Infinitis and Lexus (Lexi) cars. But, I learned that value of a dollar quick. Went through my undergrad and graduated with no debt and now I'm in my masters program.

You have a brand new car. Drive it and take the whole process slow. "Only" having 180 hp is not going to kill you. This is the car industry. You have to pay to play. Do it right the first time so that you don't waste the time and money on things that break or don't work.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wlfpck
Well... I'm not going to lie... if you're 16 and she bought you the car, you should probably just drive the car from point A to point B. The car is under her name and her insurance.

If you want to have a car you can mod without your parents telling you what to do, then it's pretty easy. Get a job, get your own car and do whatever you want with it.

As soon as I turned 16, my father told me to get my own car. I paid for it myself along with the insurance. Being from Naperville right outside of Chicago, it was hard watching kids at my high school show up in 5 series BMW and the Infinitis and Lexus (Lexi) cars. But, I learned that value of a dollar quick. Went through my undergrad and graduated with no debt and now I'm in my masters program.

You have a brand new car. Drive it and take the whole process slow. "Only" having 180 hp is not going to kill you. This is the car industry. You have to pay to play. Do it right the first time so that you don't waste the time and money on things that break or don't work.
^ I couldn't agree more.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:43 PM
SL Member

I/H/E and suspension. Also maybe try losing some weight. Those cars are kinda heavy.

Last edited by dstock1088; 10-13-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So as a surprise, my girlfriend found a place with a dynopack and decided to drive my car out and do a dyno on my car as a surprise! I wish i was there to see since it wud be my first time to see my car on a dyno. Ne way she said the first pull was 174.4hp and 161.7tq and the 2nd pull was 176.8hp and 168.8tq which i guess is alright i was hoping i put down more.. i have hks axleback/weapon r headers/injen coldair/..temperature was 68 for those that wanted to know..ill put up sheet once she hands it to me...at least my girlfriend is thoughtful
Old 10-13-2011, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this was a dynopack back in march so im guessing around same temp..it was really humid today so i dunno if that can mess with numbers.. i gained about 9hp and 16lbs of trq which is pretty cool...
Old 10-13-2011, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just put a nice AFE intake on and enjoy the beautiful sounds it makes :D

If you want to go FAST, consider a descendant turbo kit.

Honestly though, Hotchkis springs and sways will completely change the way the car feels, in a good way:D With hotchkis springs and sways, my xb2 is a COMPLETELY different creature when it gets twisty. They are definitely worth picking up as far as the "bang for the buck" mod goes.

Quick Reply: I need some Horsepower! :D